1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

Would be fun but if you haven't noticed, I got word that L.A. and Shidosha are coming to play at the UGC on June 13th. It's gonna be me and 7 other people playing. I invite you to come if you are looking for more competition.

2. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Also posted in the UGC thread:

Flash is visiting SoCal this Sunday. Any way to get you guys to get together for some offline action? If UGC is available, that would be ideal.

3. boobiebombs

boobiebombs Active Member

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    In case you guys haven't seen yet, the Cali Crush trailer has been dropped... announcing VF5:FS as an official part of the lineup. A tournament thread will be added soon.

Check it out here. https://youtu.be/5uJzI_PzY4M

4. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Awesome, we should get this news on the front page!

IcKY99 likes this.
  5. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    @oneida @BLACKSTAR somehow add calicrush announcement to Front page plz

jimi Claymore and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  6. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    So, I've been wondering if you guys would be interested in another opportunity to get some offline games in. I live in DTLA (near 7th and Fig), and my apartment complex basically has a huge lounge we can rent and use -- it has couches and comfy seating, big screen TV, free WI-FI, and enough space for a few set ups. I've talked with them and they're fine with us using it, I just need to reserve ahead of time.

I don't mind providing drinks and snacks, as well. You guys would just have to find some street parking (which is free on Sundays).

Anyone interested? If so, I was thinking we could do it on some of the off Sundays that we're not at UGC -- How does 9/20 sound? It will also be good to get some practice in before Cali Crush. DOWNTOWN SHOWDOWN!

@IcKY99 @Plague @00000000 @floodnhard @Gouki_Hinogami @DurViener @Pikocat @TrueGodFist @ExzetyXat1 @SoulTruth2013 @boobiebombs @Zekiel @Shidosha

Also, please tag anyone I might have missed.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    boobiebombs likes this.
  7. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

That sounds interesting @Phoxx
    We will consider to come when UGC isnt in session.
    9/20 is Sabaki Sunday so another sunday would be a good time.

8. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Sounds good! I forgot Sabaki Sunday was that time, so I don't mind aiming for a week after that.

9. boobiebombs

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    Cali Crush 2015 registration is now live my VF friends! Pre-register to save some money online. Let's get as many people as possible to make a solid showing for the So Cal VF community!

http://www.calicrushtournament.com/registration

10. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Emperor Paine and myself will be out for Cali Crush. Anything going on Friday night? May end up at Round 1 to play some T7 & VF.

boobiebombs and IcKY99 like this.
  11. boobiebombs

PSN:
    supersonicprime
    Guys, this sucks.

Unfortunately, due to EXTREMELY low numbers in Virtua Fighter pre-registration we are forced to cancel its presence from Cali Crush 2015. Currents numbers are simply too small to justify the cost of running the tournament on any official level.

However, space will be made available in the event VF fans would like to run a side tournament.

As far as support is concerned, the reason DOA and Smash have more support comes down to the player participation. The player pools as expressed in pre-registration and expected attendance for both of these games is substantially larger than for VF, and those numbers are what allow us to seek out support in the form of pot bonuses from tournament sponsors and game developers.

We were really looking forward to running Virtua Fighter this year, and were extremely excited about the initial support we had in its inclusion. Hopefully, we can get more support together for a future event.

12. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Myself and Paine are still down to stop down. Any of the socal guys want to try for a side tournament or should I just go the route of the refund? I will be at Canada Cup for VF two weeks later anyways.

13. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    If it wasn't for Canada Cup you would have had the people you wanted. It is a shame that it had to be scheduled so close to Canada Cup but things happen. I was so close to going the calicrush but I needed to save some money for a few months so I decided to pull back on it at the last minute. I won't be going to Canada Cup either since I don't have a passport or PS3 stick and getting these on short notice can be very expensive for a poor guy like me with a life to live as well outside of gaming. West coast guys should show up anyways so it won't be a complete lose for you guys over there. I wish all of the people there good luck who plan to attend either way.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    IcKY99 likes this.
  14. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Get your refund man, if anything we can plan a sunday session at UGC for the end of the month

15. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    hell yeah! looking forward to meeting you Macc.

16. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Icky: I went ahead and requested the refund. Keep me in the loop if you guys end up doing that Sunday session.

Oneida: I will see you there! I should be there on Thursday night if any casual sessions are going down.

17. Bad Klown

Bad Klown New Member

Hey Phoxx I'm new to the VF community but a get together like the one you're proposing sounds great. I'm in if we can get a group of people together. Sundays work well for me.

18. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about meeting up at Wednesday Night Fights or Super Arcade (if open) on Wednesday the 25th aka day before Thanksgiving?

19. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I'm down to meet up for WNF, especially once SFV is out, I'll probably start heading over there anyway. Not sure if Super Arcade is even open anymore, I know they've been having trouble.

20. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Im more down to do weekly at Round1 since it's a cab