1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Please stream or join xbl during your sessions.
    Good way to start.

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'm late, but bruh, why are you challenging his rules when you literally live on the other side of the country (Alabama) and have zero chance of ever showing up anyways? Thats a bit disrespectful

3. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I was just giving my two cent about the no pad rule. I wasnt debating to you. I dont understand why your refering to me. And im aware of where i live. If i have a opinion about something i will say it. Dont understand what my location has to do with anything. You are in Georgia and yet you responded.

leftylizard likes this.
  4. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    And explain in what manner is it disrespectful to give a opinion on the no pad rule? Do you even know what the debate was about. How bout doing some research before opening your mouth.

leftylizard likes this.
  5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Officer down! Officer down! Please everyone evacuate the area, because shots have been fired.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

So...... im guessing there is no riverside gatherings anymore. Ill wait for super arcade to open up again.

7. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Got several new players today. A couple of them said they found me here in these forums. Just want to say thanks for joining us and hope to see you guys again. Anyone else here who wants to join us feel free to do so. Again thank you.

Have a great weekend.

8. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    :LOL::LOL::LOL:

9. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Anyone down to play some online games today, tomorrow, or Monday via XBL?
    Maybe we can all agree on a time.
    After 10pm PST works best for me.

Brian

adamYUKI and Kruza like this.
  10. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I might be on. Hope we can spar.

11. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    @Ni8wing since you've already told everyone you won't host VF anymore I think it's unreasonable for you to advertise your meetups in the VF meetup thread.

12. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Round 1 Santa Ana

Attached Files:

Kruza, adamYUKI, oneida and 2 others like this.
  13. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Hey Guys! Been a while but in the last year or so I've been helping to build out a local tournament org called Dropkick Events. We've been doing mostly SFV and Tekken, but tonight we'll have setups for offline VF5:FS all night! We're currently in the Long Beach / Signal Hill area on Mondays.

Is this the VF5 SoCal Revival? I know that Ryan Hart is also in town and looking to get some VF matches in, so if you guys want to come through tonight, here are the event details:

Name: Dropkick Mondays
    Time: 6pm - 12am
    Location: Power 9 Games - 2633 E 28th St #618, Signal Hill, CA 90755

Also $5 venue fee (free if you bring a console)

Both me and the other Dropkick TO are VF players, so if enough people start coming out, we'll add it as a regular game to the event, get a VF5 revival going, what do you guys think?

@Plague @IcKY99 @Shidosha @adamYUKI @Brisal73

14. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Damn wish I could attend. I'll wreak shop on all you fools!!

15. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    We're going to keep running VF setups every Monday going forward -- hopefully people can start coming out -- Anyone live in the area?

jimi Claymore and oneida like this.
  16. JSM

JSM Active Member

PSN:
    JSM_9999
    XBL:
    JSM9999
    I'm in the area. I'd go when/if my schedule allows.
    godawful schedule + godawful LA traffic = impossible to get there before 8pm.
    Is this thing still running every Monday?
    I started playing VF earlier this year & have never played it offline (not counting ppl I know who don't even play the game), so could be interesting

oneida likes this.
  17. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    If there is anyone on this side im in SoCal too, looking for online games though as i dont have time or means to travel from my city. if there is anyone anywhere who still plays this game online hit me up, i'd love to learn more about it with people to play with!

18. GenesisFrenzy

GenesisFrenzy Setplay No Skill

PSN:
    SonicWin1778
    XBL:
    GenesisFrenzy
    MadeManG74 likes this.
  19. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Possible new location for meetup and play VF. Thinking first Friday of the month at Super Arcade. Thoughts?

www.thesuperarcade.com

JSM, oneida, MadeManG74 and 1 other person like this.
  20. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Brisal! I would like to try for the 1st of every month. Fridays are good. Haven't played in over a year. Rusty AF ~~~