1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

The tentative date as of now is May 4th. Say we start at 7pm and end at 11pm or whenever we are done. Please reply to this post with the game system you want to use. This will give me a head count and idea of how many setups would be needed. Thanks.
    Also be sure to follow Virtua Fighter Southern California on Facebook for the latest updates...
    https://www.facebook.com/VirtuaFighterSouthernCalifornia/

IcKY99, Phoxx and adamYUKI like this.
  2. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Sounds good. 7ish. Traffic from West LA should be dying down around that time. (Takes me around 2 hours if it doesn't!)

Looking forward to it! Feel the competitive itch again.

oneida likes this.
  3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

@adamYUKI man Happy you getting the itch! Just came in the thread to say I'm happy to see you posting.

adamYUKI likes this.
  4. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thank you brother! I'm so happy that you guys are still playing. I'm less consistent, and I don't like that. Congrats on the win! I got you in my sites for next time brah! ^^

oneida and Tricky like this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

hahaha I herd that as Soilder 76's voiceline. TOo much overwatch

6. GenesisFrenzy

GenesisFrenzy Setplay No Skill

PSN:
    SonicWin1778
    XBL:
    GenesisFrenzy
    Hey guys!
    Tomorrow in Fresno, CA is Virtual Fighters 4, which will of course feature Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for PS3, as well as other games.
    Starts at 12PM I hope we can see you tomorrow
    Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/234355327127063/

oneida likes this.
  7. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I really want to join you guys but Fridays are super tough for me. I'll try and make it on the 4th, if only for an hour or so.

We've been bringing a couple VF setups every week at Dropkick Tuesdays in Long Beach too, if anyone's interested in joining us.

oneida likes this.
  8. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Im done with Facebook but ill be there and can bring a Ps3, but what I really want to know is who has a decent laptop for streaming

adamYUKI likes this.
  9. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Are we still doing this tonight guys?

10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Talks of Fridays for VF again at super arcade. A few guys that have been talking on discord are starting to come out. We have a link for discord which is faster for communication

https://discord.gg/k5TCJ2C

Tonight there will be at least 1 set up but I'm not bringing ng it myself so don't get upset if it's not there. I'll be there close to 10pm

VFhayato and cruzlink2 like this.
  11. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Lets go!

IcKY99 likes this.
  12. Montage

Montage Member

For any one with no Halloween plans, a few of us are getting together at @KilgoreTheFish's place tonight for UNIST and Virtua Fighter. Jump in the SoCal VF Discord and let us know if you're interested in coming: https://discord.gg/ZwxFdD

[and for any one else that may see this after that link expires and wants to join the SoCal VF discord, feel free to message me here or on twitter @MontageFGC]

13. VFhayato likes this.
  14. oneida and VFhayato like this.
  15. PsychoFingers

PsychoFingers Member

SoCal VF, GGs at Electric Cancel. Was cool to see DOA players branching out to our game. I'm assuming Mech had something to do with it!

Some VF guys (including KilgoreTheFish and Phoxx) are present at Dropkick Mondays at Ultimate at 15241 Transistor Ln, Huntington Beach, CA 92649.

Last week around 5 or more of us came out and played VF offline casuals. The venue opens at 7PM and it's only $5 venue fee. They usually run brackets for Tekken and other games but there is plenty of room to hook up a console to a monitor and play casuals.

I won't be there today, but will try to make it out next week and subsequent weeks after that. It's a great venue and it would be awesome to turn it into a hot spot for VF action in SoCal.

Side note I would also like to collect PSNs for VF players on the west coast, so let's do that!

16. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Love to stop down if you guys have any sessions or a tournament happening on a Saturday. If this coordinates with any other games there I can convince some other people from Vegas to stop down as well. I know we have been looking for a reason to stop out since Super Arcade closed and they stopped running the Neo Dojo events.

17. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Oh also for the Socal VF guys that aren't in the Discord we have been doing online PSN lobbies every Thursday night starting at 8pm PST. Anyone wanting to get some games in are more than welcome to join.

18. PsychoFingers

PsychoFingers Member

These lobbies are also streamed on my twitch channel (twitch.tv/psychofingers1) I believe it pops up on the Streams menu on VFDC but just in case it doesn't...

Oioron likes this.
  19. Mech

Mech Active Member

Some session is happening at Adam's sometime in July or something @adamYUKI

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021