1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    I'll try to make it out again for this one.

2. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

dam wish i moved there before the 9th lol, How many of you guys are going to make EVO this year?

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

No need to worry. The 9th is just the beginning.
    Most of us will be ta EVO

4. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Is the get-together still happening on Saturday? Been considering going, and I'll need to know how to get there.

5. Brisal73

Party is still happening om 6/9. Location is in Riverside and off of the 60fwy.

I will let Plague go into more details.

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I say this with authority...

Because of your support and the awesome people at SEGA,
    we got us some of that Effff Esssss - so here goes...
    [/size]
    <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">It's time to play at Plague's house!</span>

Pack up your 360s, PS3s, converted High Grades, Horis, and MadCatz. Bring your VF5:FS skills and come to battle in-person with the best SoCal, North America, and the world has to offer. Players from all over the globe are welcome to attend. I think it's definitely worth the effort.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">PARTY DETAILS!</span>

Party Date: Saturday, June 9th 2012.

Party Place: Plague's House - 8538 Wild Pony Drive, Riverside, CA 92509

Party Time: 2:00 pm until Midnight

Singles Tournament: Yeah. We're gonna do it. [​IMG]
    Starts at 8:00 pm

Singles Tournament Details:
    Tournament entry of $5 to be split as prize money -
    1st place = 70%, 2nd place = 20%, 3rd place = 10%
    Pay your $5 when you register between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

Singles Tournament Rules:
    Double Elimination. Random seeding. Character switching is allowed. You can't use Dural. Stage select is random. Coin flip to choose side if necessary. 220pts of health, 45 Seconds per round, best of 5 rounds (win 3 rounds). Best of 3 games (win 2 games). Final match is best of 5 games (win 3 games). Fighters can use their controller of choice.

If all this sounds good to you - here's how to get here...

Driving directions from Los Angeles:

60 East, pass the 57 and 15 freeways
    Exit Pedley (3rd exit after you pass the 15)
    Right turn on Pedley
    Left turn on Mission (first traffic light)
    Right turn on Agate (first right, no stop sign)
    Left turn on Wild Pony Drive (first left)

Driving directions from San Diego:

15 North, pass the 91, take the 60 East
    Exit Pedley
    Right turn on Pedley
    Left turn on Mission (first traffic light)
    Right turn on Agate (first right, no stop sign)
    Left turn on Wild Pony Drive (first left)

Address numbers on house and mailbox post. Silver Honda Odyssey in driveway.

PM for phone numbers if you need them.

Will you hit traffic? Yah, it's Southern California - you bet there will be traffic. Don't let that sway you! This trip is worth every minute of it.

What we provide: 52" HDTV, US 360 & JP PS3 with VF5:FS, two modded Virtua Stick High-Grades, two 20" widescreen Dell Monitors with HDMI to DVI cables + audio, a 19" HDTV, air conditioning, water, various chips, pretzels, and what-not, places to sit, room for five or six (maybe seven?) VF setups.

What you all need to bring:[/size] PS3s, 360 with VGA/composite cables or, if you have HDMI out, just something with red/white composite out for sound, and sticks. Please make the effort to bring these things - your contribution will add so much to this party. We need your gaming set-ups.[/size]

What about food and soda? Everyone usually chips in for food and soda. Lots of fast food in the area - plus there are pizza places that deliver.

Who's gonna be there? Well, in the past we've had some of the best that Southern California, the West Coast, the East Coast, and the world has to offer - any one of them could make a return visit: Itazan, Oioron, Denkai, Chief_Flash, Cozby, Yupa, Air Jacky, Johoseph, Kobi, Llanfair, akai, Chefboy_OB, kungfusmurf, KrsJin, Enfantin_Chloe, DubC, DancingFighterG, rjsicklau, akiralove, andy, Myke, Srider, Betabow, mukatsuku_shun, YOSUKE, ice-9, bearcrusher, kurita, shin, Namflow, RocketBlaze23, adamYUKI, kazu, Shag, Konjou_Akira, Scamp, dennis0201, haunts, maddy, thebradSHow, s_aki, Ladon, INCIDENT, tonyfamilia, DRE, PineTree, Chanchai, HowBoutSum, GodEater, MADrox, Kaminari_Oyaji, stompoutloud, Jerky, SiYkO, Pushku, IronJUNKIE, Shang, Shou, Zero-chan, Fishie, growcian, afroconnexion, Brisal73, L_A_Akira, Team Tokyo Mafia (PhoenixDth, Sean, GoatCheeseBlues), Ken__I, Exile, SillyWilly, KTallguy, Unsafe_Dan, CaliJared, Lion-2P, KoD, Waverusher_Kobi, Renzokuken, Raoul, THE_WALL, snapz, sirphobos, Lawrence, Paolo, Tierzo, Riona, FatalRose, PhantomFHarlock, Type Tenchi, Banes, Mindscan, Whoa_its_Eric, Mike90210, vf5akira, Gribbly and Team Pandemic (Austin, Forrester, Jimmy), sgtsmurf, Joon, Weslyzm, 2012, firstpressing, Rikyu, Adam, Amir, Chris, Chris II, Adrian, Peter, Mike, Jacob, Collette[/size] and many more!

Sometimes 31 people (yes, 31, really) at once with five set ups running!

Maybe this time we'll get six setups going! Maybe even seven!

What's gonna happen? Lots of VF5. Major good times.

Casuals and tournament to be streamed on our Twitch TV channel.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Thank Goodness! VF5:FS!!</span>

7. Gordon_Daniels

Gordon_Daniels Active Member

I can bring a 360 (or PS3 whichever would be better) with a fightstick. I don't have any kind of TV that can be transported though. Will that be a problem?

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Either system is fine. I have enough monitors.

9. Galz

Galz Member

Can't make it =[ I have family in town enjoy

10. Curify

Curify Member

Ugh. I JUST picked up the game. I'm years behind :p I may spend Saturday catching up and not out at Riverside.

11. matrixmatt

matrixmatt Member

wish i could make it to this but can't do to work. but i live around super arcade so if ppl want to get casuals in i'll be over there.

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    See you at WNF if you're there next week.

See you at WNF as well if you're there next week.

Show up anyway [​IMG]

13. Kaozen

Kaozen Member

i was talking to akai i have a 360 setup with the game but i dont have a stick if i went this is my first time going too

14. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Wish I could make it, but I'll get some matches online later. Next time for sure, I'm going to get my towel back...lol

15. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sup Socal. Vegas player here. I'm curious if any VF might end up getting played again at WNF or The Runback anytime soon. I'd like to drive out to get some local games in with the Socal players. Unfortunately I only got Wed & Thur off due to my work schedule so I can't make the weekend meet ups. Not worried about it being tournament or anything, just want more good XP.

16. Brisal73

WNF is happening next week but that is definitely more of a tourney only vibe.

Parties are more casuals with a tourney thrown in.
    Not sure when the next Party will be but I would guess in 2-3 weeks

17. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    I'd definately be down to head there this Wednesday if WNF is running VF again. Any tournament practice before Evo would be great. Just wanted to be sure before driving the 4 hours to get there [​IMG].

18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, but some stuff came up today plus I have to work tonight. I should be able to make WNF though.

19. Gordon_Daniels

Gordon_Daniels Active Member

If it's anything like last week they should have some casual setups for a couple of hours before the tournament begins. Casuals should start at 7, with the actual tournament starting around 9.

20. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I'm actually considering going to WNF just to play some real people at VF, maybe I'll enter the tourney too.