1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Thank you to all those that attended or watched the 1st Socal VF Party. We plan to have many more so please keep an eye out for future updates. See you at the next Wednesday Night Fights!

2. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I'll be there after 7PM on wednesday if you would like to play some casuals. [​IMG]

3. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    I am sorry I could not make it. I did watch on TwitchTV and everyone seemed to have a good time.

I did put in my share of time on my own with some Ranked matches.

4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Yeah I'm more than down to play some games with you!

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Big thanks to everyone for coming out. See you at WNF. See you all and more back at the house again in a few weeks. Watch this thread for details.

6. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Was really cool to meet all you guys last night. Thanks for all the matches and tips you guys gave me. I'll be out again for sure on the 27th if it is still running at WNF. Hopefully I can get some of our other players to stop out.

Also if anyone wants to get some matches online my XBL tag is Macc.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS tournament at Super Arcade this Wednesday. Casuals start at 7:00. Tournament starts at 9:00! It's like going to AI for FT, but better (because, hey, AI and FT don't exist anymore).

This is our chance to grow a new scene. We've got people behind us. We've got whole organizations behind us. We have SEGA behind us. Let's make this happen by playing the game. Let's make this happen now.

See you here on Wednesday: http://www.facebook.com/superarcade

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    First post updated with more ways to stay connected. After last night's WNF, I'm convinced SoCal VF will remain a force for years. [​IMG]

We made it. This is our time. This is everyone's game.

9. Brisal73

The LATE Show: VF Online Action TONIGHT 6/22 10pm PST on Xbox Live. Room VFsocal - Invite Only so send a XBL message to VFsocal and ask for an invite - Streaming on twitch.tv/vfsocal

10. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

lol i just got offline, ah well, LA Akira raped me pretty hard b4 getting offline so ill call it a night

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Wednesday Night Fights VF5:FS tournament at Super Arcade this Wednesday. Casuals start at 7:00. Tournament starts at 9:00! Last week saw 31 people in the tournament. Let's do 42 this time around.

Remember, this is our chance to grow a new scene. We've got people behind us. We've got whole organizations behind us. We have SEGA behind us. Let's make this happen by playing the game. Let's make this happen now.

See you here on Wednesday: http://www.facebook.com/superarcade

12. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sup guys. I will be heading back out for WNF tomorrow and will be bringing one of the other Vegas players with me for VF. Looking forward to getting more games in with you guys.

13. Brisal73

Great stuff

14. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Is anything going on in San Diego??? Please let me know.

15. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Hey Macc, looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow night! Let's get some games again, this time. [​IMG]

16. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

I may go tomorrow. Not set in stone, though, so we'll see.

17. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Would be great to have you there, man!

18. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I have plans on setting up VF sessions at a few places if possible. I used to do the same for KOF, and that's still going at both Frubble and Comic Odyssey, which relocated recently and is now known as "Cosmic Odyssey" (or still CO for short).

Anyway, I'm pretty cool with the owner of CO, but I haven't had time to hit up the new place. I'll probably do it today, and depending on when he has sessions (which normally happen 3 Mondays out of the month), I can get some VF going on.

A buddy of mine who's apart of the Dustloop community has also enlisted his services helping the DreamCancel community with hosting sessions at a place called Frubble (which is located in Santee). Apparently, it's still going down, and I've made it up there a few times. This happens normally on Fridays, and they also stream on Tuesdays (The Box Arena). I'm unable to go on Tuesdays because I have other obligations, but I normally go on Fridays.

Lastly, there's Cody (who goes by "Unprotectedsex" on SRK). He hosts TTF, which usually caters to Capcom games, but he does allow for other games if the interest is there-- you gotta bring a setup though. He posts up on SRK when those go down, and he also has a site, which I can't think of at the moment.

So with all that said, there's things going on down here. There is an SD thread here, which was made because not everybody is able to go all over SoCal to battle, and usually when I (or someone else) put up SD threads, cats post up (I did it on Freestepdodge, there's one on DreamCancel, and even Dustloop).

There's a few people interested in VF down here, and hopefully I can get something started at CO, because that's how the KOF scene kinda started, with me bringing 98UM, 02UM, XII, and finally XIII, helping people out and getting tons of matches in. I want to do the same for VF, get people who are interested in the game to play, learn, and grow, while having fun. For me they (VF and KOF) are equal in terms of depth, solidity, and most importantly, fun.

Anyway, if you're in the area, post up, hit me up, whatever. I'm on twitter, you can pm me your number or something, I don't care. I just wanna get the game out there, and build that same hype that KOF had, but for an equally great game.

19. Brisal73

20. Hey thought i would say whats up to the So Cal Scene i am from the Outer IE toward palm springs.