1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [​IMG] Y'all thought you could rest. Hah. No!

IT'S COMBO TIME!

Last week, Gamer Bee(!), L_A and GoatCheese Blues took the top spots and Rip earned $60 of IndustryVFX money by winning the WNF Weekly Rising Star Player Award. Don't sit on your ass at home and let that happen again. Come and do some BIG DAMAGE!

Now there's more money up for grabs!

Brisal73 just messaged a bit ago. He's putting his money on the line, too. He will pay players new to VF $5 every time they win a game off of him in the tournament. Send him to losers, you get $10. Meet him there later and kick him out of the tourney, BAM!, another $10 for you (or anyone else who does it).

WNFs are hosted at the Super Arcade in Walnut, California with the tourney to start ~ 9 PM PST. Casuals start at 7 PM PST. $5 to get in. $5 to enter the tournament.

Last season saw 30+ players entered two weeks in a row. Looking for 40+ for 4.2. Let's do this!

For past summaries of the previous events, please check the Wednesday Night Fights - Weekly VF5FS Tournaments Summary Thread. For those that don't live in the Los Angeles area, the event will be streamed at the Level|Up Live Channel.

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i378tbi0/n137/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs1/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatTime%20left%20to%20Event%20in/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mac000/mpc000/iso2012-07-18T21:00:00" frameborder="0" width="180" height="72"></iframe>​

2. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    Likely confirmed, we're going to bite the 4 hours round trip drive from San Diego to join in the festivities next week and hopefully earn some sweet sweet victory dollars. Which will pay for gas!

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [​IMG] A couple years ago, If someone had told me there would be weekly offline VF tournaments in 2012, I might have laughed. Turns out I'm laughing now... because we're having these tournaments AND they're awesome!

IT'S COMBO TIME!

Last week, L_A, DRE and GoatCheese Blues took the top spots and Rip earned $50 of IndustryVFX money by winning the WNF Weekly Rising Star Player Award, plus he took $10 off Brisal73! Don't sit on your ass at home and let that happen again. Come and do some BIG DAMAGE!

The extra cash incentives continue!

WNFs are hosted at the Super Arcade in Walnut, California with the tourney to start ~ 9 PM PST. Casuals start at 7 PM PST. $5 to get in. $5 to enter the tournament.

Last season saw 30+ players entered two weeks in a row. Now we've seen huge numbers for post EVO action: 16 one week and 19 the next. Looking for 40+ for 4.3. Let's do this!

My favorite moment from last week.
    The whole fight starts here.

For past summaries of the previous events, please check the Wednesday Night Fights - Weekly VF5FS Tournaments Summary Thread. For those that don't live in the Los Angeles area, the event will be streamed at the Level|Up Live Channel.

Update: Results and Archive of event are up.
    WNF 4.3 VF5FS Challonge Bracket
    [​IMG] WNF 4.3 VF5FS Tournament - Part 1
    [​IMG] WNF 4.3 VF5FS Tournament - Part 2
    [​IMG] WNF 4.3 VF5FS Tournament - Grand Finals
    Winners: L_A, DRE, Plague.
    Weekly Rising Star Player Award goes to BL in a run-off 2 out of 3 match with Floe

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Epic VF Event Party coming on Saturday August 25th. Official Announcement coming soon, but start planning ahead to come to this party!!! ALL new and verteran VF players are welcomed.

Located in AZUSA, CA

5. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    where are you planning this?

6. Brisal73

updated post above

7. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

i will be there

8. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    85 miles, i will see what i can do.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I'll be there.

10. Brisal73

[​IMG]

Location: 950 W. Sierra Madre Avenue, Azusa,CA (call me when you arrive for the apartment number)
    Day: Saturday, August 25th
    Time: 12pm - 12am (At least 5 Setups to play on)
    Casuals: 12pm - 8pm and 10pm - 12am
    Free Tournament: 8pm - 10pm, Top 3 will win Cash and 1st Place will receive an additional prize

Please bring consoles, monitors, and controllers, but most importantly yourself.
    Food and Drinks will be available

Streaming via Twitch.tv: VFsocal and VFsocal2 (yes 2 streams)

Brian
    626-533-8163
    XBL and PSN tag = VFsocal
    Email: brisal73@gmail.com
    Facebook Event Page

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    YESSSS! Party at Brisal73's place.

12. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Listen up San Diegans, I'm planning on going to Brisal's (VFscal) party...possibly driving. Either reply to this thread or PM me so we can get the driving situation...uh, situated.

Brisal, what do we need to bring?

13. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    are you driving through oceanside?

14. Brisal73

I hope you guys can show. Afterall San Diego IS Southernest California. [​IMG]
    On what to bring I would say a console and whatever sticks you may have.

I personally have 3 monitors (a 65, a 55, and a 32in), 3 consoles (2 360s, 1 PS3), and 4 sticks.

I am sure Plague will be bring a couple of monitors, console, and sticks.

Better have alot than not enough.

15. Airreez

Airreez New Member

Hey guys, I live in the sanfernando valley area and was thinking about having a few get togethers to get some people playing (WNF is too far away for me to drive during the week). I saw the dude in sherman oaks is near me, but how many other people are around?

16. Brisal73

The dude from Sherman Oaks (LA Akira) goes to WNF every week. He is sort of the founder of the VF event.

August 25th is a Saturday and about 30 minutes from you if you can make it. You can see the details in a previous post.

17. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

So is there set to be any VF presence at Revelations this weekend?

18. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

if i can get some extra cash ill be down.

19. Brisal73

Cash??? Maybe for Gas but everything is free

20. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

yes for gas lol