1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    San Diegans:

I am driving from Ramona. If you need a ride, meet me in Escondido near the 15. North County Fair should work.

Brisal, do you need me to bring crossover cables and other networking equipment?

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Consoles, Controllers, Cables (HDMIs , Power, etc..) all needed
    I personally have 3 TVs and 3 Systems I can fit 3 more consoles and 3 more monitors. Having too many is better than not enough.

Stream wise I have my desktop PC and will be using my Macbook for the 2nd stream. I have only been able to use one mic at this time so if someone has tips on how to do 2, let me know

3. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Send hseiken a PM. He will pick you up if you need a ride.

4. Brisal73

Update. If you can bring Monitors as well as consoles and controllers that will be great

We currently have 3-4 setups we can do 2 more if we get enough help from the community

5. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I should be able to bring a complete. I can for sure bring a PC monitor--If someone can bring a means to give it sound that would be great. I might be able to bring my LCD tv...gotta get past the wife, though.

6. Brisal73

Just sy u r getting it fixed :)

phanatik likes this.
  7. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    It's not broken! ...Unless, I fake breaking it!

8. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Last call to those in San Diego area. I'm heading to Brisal's around 3 pm. I live in Ramona, so if you want to carpool or need a ride, meet me; PM if interested; otherwise, hit up hseiken:p

9. Brisal73

AWESOME see you guys HERE !!!

10. Brisal73

Also... setting things up for tomorrow is going to take me all night. Hope you guys like it :)

11. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Thanks in advance, Brisal!

12. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

this is D. see you guys there.

13. Brisal73

[​IMG]Almost done...I will finish up tomorrow. So far I am counting 4-6 setups. I have 3 TVs 3 Consoles, 4 Sticks. Got the chips, got the beer, got the soda, got the mixed drink, got the dips.
    Wait till you see what I did for the stream. It will be sick...FYI Only 1 stream due to my inadequate experience with the Macbook, but that just means the main stream will be that much smoother.

Things added
    In case people bring their laptops or smartphones they will have a decent connection.
    I will have my 4G hotspot running all day
    Name: VFsocal
    Password: #vfdc123

PLUS
    I will be hosting a Google+ Hangout Party. This will give the people who are attending or watching the stream to communicate directly with the event via video or audio.

Add
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/110802037852342975680/110802037852342975680/posts
    too your Circle and get ready to make this event a social experience

14. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    you guys streaming this??

15. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

if i can get some cash to help pay for gas Ill ride with yah, I should know around noon ish

nvm no cash to help with gas

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

They are streaming AND doing Google+ Hangout! Good stuff, Brisal!

17. SicwiDiT

SicwiDiT Active Member

ggs to all the people i played. : @ )

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    What a fantastic VF party. Classic SoCal players + WNF + San Diego = a great day. Thank you to everyone for showing up. Huge thanks to Brisal73 for turning his whole apartment into a place to enjoy this great game.

phanatik and Chanchai like this.
  19. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I second that. I had a great time. I only wish I had more time to play everyone and become more familiar with offline play. It was great meeting everyone in person, too. Until next time!

Chanchai likes this.
  20. Brisal73

Yeah offline play is where it is at. You seem to have a strong scene in SD. You guys just need to get a location and your set for Offline.

We will probably have another offline event in September or October

Chanchai likes this.