1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Spacing with Aoi (Is this Tekken?)

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Chanchai, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Um... no, recovery tends to be too slow, also "strong" mids usually implies kicks or double palms, rather than punches or elbows that you could sabaki again.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Some people don't know that and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, therefore:

3. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right... I thought the actual sabaki section of the move started a few frames later than it actually does, having just looked it up.

4. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

I noticed there isn't a whole lot of useful information on how to use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, and there are a few effective ways to make it applicable.

The first is as an Okizeme tool.

The second has to do with pacing yourself without being dangerously close to the enemy with a back dash/crouch dash after certain moves.

After a connected /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif hit or guard, guard is only -1 so you should be safe enough against most counter measures, and this probably being your best option.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif This set up alone really validates even using this move most of the time, being -4 on Grd, and you can mix it up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and a down throw if you hit check.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif yes.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif isn't too bad in a pinch at -5 on Grd, but there are better ways of using this.

You can even use moves that are as far as -6 on Grd with the crouch dash, i.e. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif , /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, etc. but I prefer a little more safety when breaking this out.