1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Special: Brad's P+K on MC +11~14

Discussion in 'Brad' started by danny13, Feb 25, 2008.

1. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Credit goes to Jovian for fishing this out.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has a total of 6 hit detection frames making it one of the easiest move to interrupt a rising kick.

Similar to Goh's knee basara, we manage to connect /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after MCing a rising kick with it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gifMC rising kick > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > combo give +80pts combo!

Remember to do it slightly early so that the later hit frames connects or else only a regular /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif will connect.

For some weird reason, throw doesn't connect.

2. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

Hang on, I'm confused...

so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is +10 on MC, but doesn't the opponent recover crouching? Unless your opponent stands up into the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followup (which they most certainly will not do, seeing as how everyone loves low punch in this game), and considering that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif comes out in 14 frames, how can you hit with it?

Can someone please explain?

3. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

The move is active for 6 frames. It's +10 if you hit in the first active frame, +11 if you hit in the second active frame, +12 if you hit in the third active frame etc.

4. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

Ok, that's pretty straight forward, but still, does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif force crouch? And doesn't /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit high?

5. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Yeah, but most force crouch moves for some reason allow high attacks to hit (Aoi's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is +12 and force crouch on MC, but guarantees /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif anyway, same with Pai's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, it's been this way since at least VF4 days).

6. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    LOL, I never knew you can hit high afterwards... I was always goin' for hit checking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and eventually continuing with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or going to different slips/sliding, etc.

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

That explains why when I was practicing crushing rising kick with P+K, sometimes when I followed with 6P it registered as a combo. I looked at the combo counter like "wtf?" but I guess it's true.
    Yet another weapon for Brad to exploit!
    Great find, thank you much!

8. Jovian

Jovian Active Member

Wow, u posted it. xD

Have fun owning people now with P+K :)

9. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterg. Wow, I knew this move was good because I of the hit box but to get 6P+K out of it is great. Will be using this for now on. this is better than the counter. So in essence if you rising kick is coming you can counter and if the low sweep is coming you do P+K then go for the combo. TOO GOOD!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif