1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Special Chests???

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by RagingSilver, Jul 26, 2003.

1. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

k,
    While playing Kumite, I came across 2 matches involving a chest. Cept this chest flashed Red and the other was Silver, I won them both but only got money. Whats the deal with these chests?

I was expecting some rare item?

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

For me I've found item matches to be very rare.I've only ever found about 3 items in a chest after a match and I think they were in the first arcade.The more fancy the box is displayed before the fight the more winnings you'll get at the end for example I won one in the 8th arcade and the box was silver and had patterns all over the screen.I won 800 from it wheras most boxes seem to deliver about 200/300 and arcade boxes for doing challenges sre even less ( 150 in my experience ).

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Red boxes (extremly rare) = items

Silver boxes (not as rare) = High amount of money

Regular boxes (to damn common) = could be items or money i think it depends on your rank as well.

4. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

didnt you forget about something?!?

<font color="yellow">Gold Boxes</font> - i've found inside few cool items, but now all i get from them is money(even 1000! per box) . <font color="yellow">GB</font> are very rare but not as rare as red ones.

5. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are four boxes in total.

The worst is the bronze coloured box, which tends to earn you a crappy item, and up to 600 in money.

The silver box earns you a better item and about 800 in money.

Again, the gold box is better, and can earn you over 100 in money and a good item.

Finally, the red flaming box, which is very rare earns you a very good and rare item. I got one of Sarah's eye shadows out of the box.

6. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

I got 1100 gold from a gold box and lions knife from a silver one.I never had a red or bronze box before.

7. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

heh, bronze one is a regular("default"?) box and i've won hundreds of them /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif you probally to /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

8. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

Yeah i did... i just thought it might have something around it like for the gold and silver ones.

9. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

It is the soudatsusen .
    The so-called "scramble".
    The best is the red one.

10. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

What is in the red one cos i am playing through all of the arcades to beat everybody there and all i get are frickin' bronze chests like every three matches.really pissed off now.NEED TO FIND A RED BOX!!!!!

11. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

This is probably just a coincidence, but I've come across two flaming red boxes so far, both of them in the First arcade.. (i got the cap of darkness for shun and steel greaves for lei-fei). Kinda stupid that the only place i seem to be able to find them is the first arcade.. (i've gone as far as the seventh and fought about 1500 matches)

12. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yes I've only got " item boxes " that were flaming in the earlier arcades too.I got two items for Akira in the second arcade and one of Lau when I was messing around with him in the first arcade...however I did find one in the eighth arcade but managed to screw up and lose the fight /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

I got mine about the fourth arcade, so I guess they are reasonably spread out.

14. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I got a red chest in a VS battle the other day with my Brad vs my brother's Lei Fei. Won the match and got either a necklace or a skull ear to nose chain. (the other I got from a normal chest earlier)

Does anyone know if it's more or less likely to get better chests in VS or Quest? Or is it equal?

15. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

Here's what I know. There are 5 boxes. they are:
    bronze,silver,gold,elaborate gold,and fire red. After 1st Dan, you will get a silver box at some point, it will contain an item, and any time you see another silver box, it will contain money. The same thing goes for 5th dan, 7th Dan, and 10th Dan, corresponding (in order) to the gold box, the elaborate gold box, and the flaming red box. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

Also, if you get into a match where you can get an item and you lose, Can you get that item match again?

17. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member