1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

special throw question

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Jemun, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    dunno if i am explaining the zero frame grab but i noticed that when the opponent attacks with a combo (i think high hits) and than i do the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif i can throw him. this happens without throwing into his hit (where the two fighters are stopped in their actions, dunno if it has a special name). also works with lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Don't know the properties of these throws but they sound like catch throws to me. You can throw an opponent out of these.

3. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    i see. thanks for responding

4. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

The animation where the throw and attack collide and both players end up at neutral frames, is called a "throw clash".

5. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

that happens with all throws

6. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    yes, i know.

another problem: after goh throws me with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and starts a low throw, is it possible to do multiple throw escape (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif; /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) ?

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

You must mean a "Ground Throw", a "Low Throw" is a throw done on a crouching opponent.
    The answer is no. You can not do multiple throw escape for ground throws. It is a 50/50 guess.

8. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    of course ground throw, didn't know the word back there, thans for telling, tony fam. damn it, I always fail at the decision. most of the time in quest mode, is the CPU knowing what I am pressing? or is it bad karma?

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yah, the CPU reads your inputs. Thats why it's so tough, lol.

10. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    fuck 'em, they're cheaters!!!! that's one of the arguments why I need human opponents

11. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

It would be nice if one day SEGA could be the developer to actually make some good fighter AI. That would be just one more thing Virtua Fighter would have over every other fighter. Oh well. The AI should never be able to read your inputs in a fighting game.

12. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    It makes the game more challenging if it reads your input I don't mind it as long as it stops at a certain point. If it went all out and read all of your inputs undetoured a human couldn't beat them because they would just read your moves every time and beat you to your move. The balance of how far the game should go when the game reads your inputs to where it isn't too much is a fine line I hope Sega never crosses then the game will truly be unbeatable for anyone even an expert. That is the last thing sega would want for sure

13. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Back to the original post:
    The reason you can catch someone in the middle of a high string with a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is because /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif also causes you to do a crouch dash so you go under a strike (causing a whiff) and then the throw executes (0 frame at the right time). (this is true for all throws with that input motion.) Half circle with Lion is weird though.

I think it's dependant on timing whether it will clash in this case as you can either get the throw in the recovery time of a strike or in the startup frames of the next, the second case will result in a clash, the first in a throw.

I had it happen to me last weekend with Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(turnaround)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I got back thrown in between the two because the kick whiffed over a crouchdashing opponent. (Really annoying because I did the kick in the first place to break an expected throw...)

ps. Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif doesn't guarantee a ground throw, you can quick rise in time by mashing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and directions (saving you from the 50/50 guess altogether). There's no escaping a light down attack though.

14. toastcrumb

toastcrumb Well-Known Member

You can escape ground throws??? Oh for fucks sake, I feel dumb now.

15. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    alright, thanks for clearing it up Vortigar.