1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Spheres?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Powda, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Powda

Powda Active Member

How does one acquire spheres? i read some where about knocking down all the walls in a level. Can that be done in the time allowed?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

no, nothing to do with that.
    when you face an enemy with the sphere above his lifebar, beating him earns that sphere.
    collect them all once for a special item
    collect them all again for another item
    collect them all a third time for nothing at all.

3. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I assume that getting all of the spheres at once from Dural means getting an item and losing the spheres? :O

4. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

You don't get all Dural's Spheres when you beat him. You only get one sphere off him.

5. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

So I just get the item right away? I read something about redeeming them for an item in various ways, one being the smash all walls in Lei Fei stage thing.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you get the item right away, as soon as the last sphere is collected.

The smash the walls thing applies to a special vanessa item only. If vanessa smashes all the walls and wins the match, she gets an item, and it's nothing to do with the sphere system.

7. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for clearing that up CreeD, one item mystery less /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Oh btw, the opponents that initially carry the spheres are the Emperor opponents (the Japanese top player A.I.s with the 9990-10 win records) and Dural. I also met a Lion once that had a 999-0 record who had a sphere from the start.
    It seems they won't challenge you before you gain the rank after monarch (where the rank path goes into to paths).

8. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Er, I think a few other characters have this condition for getting an item, too.... I just saw it specifically for Vane when I was checking her item list on a Japanese page. (^^;)

9. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the person be dead before you can break all of the walls.

10. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

High Kings either have a record of 999 - 0 or 9990 - 10.

11. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

I have the Japanese version, so I don't know the ranks of the US version...

12. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

You can do it in vs. as well...just set the match to best 5 of 9, turn the life bars all the way up and the time all the way up and you shouldn't have a problem.

13. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Today my brother and I did the Temple stage(Lei-feis stage) and set the time up to 60 seconds and health to 400 each. And i broke every one of the walls with Vanessa against my bros chater (lei fei) but i was awarded no item......so how do i do it? After wards i let my brother beat me.... do i have to win the fight afterwards, as well as breaking every wall? or did i do something wrong?

14. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Yes you have to win the match as well. I believe you get the crossbow if you successfully accomplish this (at least I did).

15. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

damn....okay thank you. Do any other characters beside Vanessa get items for doing this? and is there anyway to make the time limit infinite?

16. Panther

Panther Member

i got all 7 spheres last night with Sarah,
    Then all the spheres disappeared then starting appearing at the bottom of the screen one by one real fast in a row and then the chest popped up between them then the orbs starting merging into the chest, (PRETTY COOL I MIGHT ADD)

only problem is i got about 4 or 5 items during that streak so when i saved and went to check i dont know which item was the 7 orb item?!!? i had the anchor necklace, a heart necklace a star necklace and i think something called zipper earings, secret choker , new sunglasses, one or two of those were already there, i dont know which one was the 7 sphere one though, i think it was one of the necklaces though, either the heart, 7 ball necklace or something like that, i dont know but i have lots of items now, about over 24 i think, someone can confirm which necklace it was when they get 7, im going to try to get 7 again to see what else i can get or if its only a one time deal....

17. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

It's the heart necklace.
    If you check this link: <a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/crayonnoyarc>http://photos.yahoo.com/crayonnoyarc</a> you can see a lot of the items (a couple are missing unfortunately). The ones with the green border are the sphere items.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

What is Sphere?!!!!

19. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Anonymous said:

What is Sphere?!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sphere is a crappy underwater sci-fi movie with very good actors who, sadly, could not save the plot. Complete waste of time and money to watch.

Then there's Abyss... now there's a great sci-fi movie. </sarcasm> /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

20. DracroniC

DracroniC Member

Lol, Aeon, so true.

About the spheres though, in the previous posts its already been said, once you collect all 7 orbs (<font color="white">white</font> , <font color="black">black</font> , <font color="blue">blue</font> , <font color="green">green</font> , <font color="crimson">crimson</font> , <font color="orange">orange</font> and <font color="purple">purple</font> ) they form together as an item for your character. Some characters only have 1 orb item, some have 2, and a few others have more than 2. Here is a list of the character and how many orb items they have.

Akira, Aoi, Kage, Lau, Lei, Lion, Sarah, Shun, Vanessa - 1
    Jacky, Jeffry, Pai - 2
    Wolf(2 are won at the same time) - 5