1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Discussion in 'General' started by Kruza, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Being a big time Splinter Cell fan, I am very interested in the latest of the series that's coming out next month. And the playable demo certainly didn't do anything to disappoint by high expectations for it. At any rate, is there anyone on here looking forward to SC:C as much as I am?

Kruza

2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I've played every Splinter Cell except for Double Agent I think. I mean, I haven't played any handheld versions either. I thought that Chaos Theory on the Xbox was among the best looking games of that generation. Does the newest game follow graphically? I preordered already, and think that I might download the demo.

3. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I've liked every game in the series and from what I thought about the demo I'll enjoy conviction as well.

The execute feature is pretty neat, although at some point I'll do a no execute run of the game just for that "classic" feel.

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I hate this new game in this series. The series is now a "Jason Bourne Greatest Hits" And WTF was UBI thinking about making the game go Black and White when your on stealth mode? That shit is annoying. The demo gave me the impression that this game is all about action, fuck stealth. Chaos Theroy was the last great SC IMO.

5. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

While the demo is visually convincing, I gotta agree with Shin: What happened to the stealth mechanics?! It really makes no difference in the demoed area to go all Rambo. Admittedly, Rambo Mode controls fine and fluently. But is that really what I want from a Splinter Cell game?

Ah yes, and the VS. mode will be missed since Conviction will only provide us with a 2-player Coop...

6. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

There's no more spies vs mercs, but there still is Spy vs Spy in a mode called Face-Off. At first I thought the "mark and execute " feature was a cheap gimmick for n00bs. But looking back I remember endless frustration when I would score a clean headshot on an enemy, yet he'd miraculously survive and run sound the alarm. So "mark and execute " is actually ok, it's like penance for SC's unreliable ballistics system. Played through the Conviction Demo, I couldn't wait, I've been tracking this game since 2006.

7. Richkwondo

Richkwondo Well-Known Member

The only problem with Double Agent was the mp was done by a complete different dev team ( as always ) only this time they sucked and the MP looked like a third world country compared to the SP. The visual and gameplay quality had too much disparatity. So I agree with the previous poster about Chaos theory being the last great SC . I played Conviction Demo, and you can attempt to go rambo, but you will die frequently. The demo gives you a bad impression of it being action oriented only because they stack every damn weapon in your arsenal from the get go.

8. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I know what you guys mean by the gameplay of Conviction de-emplasizes being stealthy since I noticed right away while playing the demo that I don't have to worry about dragging dead/unconscious bodies to secluded spots. What I believe is going on is that unlike previous Splinter Cell games, I think Conviction aims to give gamers the option of getting through areas either by means of using stealth tactics or by advancing with guns blazing like the Hitman games.

Anyway, I am glad that the sticky cams have made a return to the series. But in my opinion, they're not the same without the cool sleeping gas. Heh, I miss that gadget.

Kruza

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm just sure that at some point in the game t hey'll send Splinter Cells after you. I'm sure that part of the game alone will be worth it.

10. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Looking good!

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ba0vkxZ3d2c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ba0vkxZ3d2c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

Kruza

11. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    This is a great game. Many people have complained that the length of this gane is too short, but I personally don't find that to be a problem. Long, drawm out games that takes 30+ hours to complete often fails to keep my interest throughout. And trying to achieve the P.E.C. challenges will keep me coming back for more anyway. I still miss my sticky camera, though. The ice cream truck noise it has for this game isn't nearly as good as sleeping gas from the older SC games my opinion.

I haven't played much of any multiplayer modes yet, but I'll go into all of them thoroughly after beating single player Story mode.

Kruza

12. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

This game is way too heavy on action. I haven't sneaked passed anybody for far. I've killed them all. It's a good game, but probably not what stealth fans will have wanted.

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    This is what happens when you fuck up a Lei-fei stance dance.

15. DWR

DWR Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DrVonLee
    LMAO, too bad this isn't happened when i was there :p I'ts a sign Mister, u gotta main Lei Fei!

16. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Haha, that video posted by Mister is funny.

Since I finished single player Story mode I have moved on to, in my opinion, the best part of the game. This would be the various Deniable Ops games. Although I like all game modes in Deniable Ops, my favorites are the Hunter mode and the Co-Op Story.

I would like to team up with anyone who regularly plays DO games, so let me know if any of you Splinter Cell Conviction guys want to play through some of the maps together.

Kruza

17. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

18. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Does anyone still play this game? Anyone?? I really want to team up with someone and go through some of these co-op missions.

Kruza