1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Square and Nintendo reunited!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero-chan, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.thegia.com/news/0203/n08b.html>http://www.thegia.com/news/0203/n08b.html</a>
    I've long since learned to stop caring about anything Square makes, seeing as how I've been consistently disappointed for the last 5 years or so by them, but this oughta interest at least a few people here.
    Of course, they're doing it for a subsidiary company so as not to enflare the wrath of Sony, heheh. Square truly knows no honor, it seems.

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Keanu Reeves says: Whoa. First thing I did when I read this was check the date, hmm it's not April 1. Regardless, cool news, I don't particularly like any 3rd parties whoring one systems so that's cool, plus they screwed Sony, that always gets a thumbs up from me.

Now give me a REAL sequel to Chrono Trigger.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

The question is now - can GC have 2 quality titles on it? Resident Evil, graphically is the ONLY impressive game it has out so far. The mario game looks like complete and utter crap.

4. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

They have to do something to stay alive. FF the movie put them at the brink of chapter 11. I do feel that though whatever they produce with nintendo will be fun, it'll also be goofy and childish.

5. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

"Square truly knows no honor, it seems."

You are so right.

Still, I'm beginning to wonder if honor gets you anywhere in today's video game market...

To comment on the real topic though, I think, even though I personally don't care much for the FF games, that this is great news. Square recognizing the importance to be on board Nintendo's boat gives me confidence in that the Gamecube is a force to be reckoned with.

The FF and RE franchises weigh heavily in Japan and the US respectively, this is just what Nintendo needs.

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

I personally think this is terrific news. Not only does this offer another great reason to get a GB Advance, it strengthens Nintendo's hand with the Cube. Hopefully, Gamecube will be served with more than simple PS2 ports, though I'm sure FF10 would do very well. And if there's a GBA version of Final Fantasy 6, that would be perfect.

But what happened to Microsoft? Why haven't they made any moves to lure Square? Xbox is an amazing piece of hardware, but outside of Sega, what is there to be excited about? All the big names are on the other consoles, and you can't get by with a library of shovelware.

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Heh yeah , just what the cube needs .
    A 5 disc boring crapfest called FFX .