1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SRL: Georgia VF4 Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DMan, Jan 18, 2002.

1. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

I just found out on Shoryuken.com about a new league that was just formed called SRL (Southern Regional League. for console and arcade tournaments http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50402&highlight=SRL*)
    There is going to be a console game tourney (Final Round 4. its the first SRL tournament) this saturday. Right these games are being played in the tourney:
    MvC2
    CvS2
    3rd strike
    ST
    TTT
    T4

The founder says if I can find some VF4 players, VF4 can be added to the list of games in future tourneys. So if anyone is interested in this, speak up.

Thanks
    -DMan-

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

This does sound interesting, unfortunately I'm in the northeast not southeast... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Does Shoryuken.com have similar leagues in New England/New York State or in eastern Canada? This could be a great way to hook up with other good players once the PS2 version is out.

3. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Does Shoryuken.com have similar leagues in New England/New York State or in eastern Canada?

SRK (shoryuken.com) has a nationwide league called Apex National Players League, but they only include capcom games I believe. Also, its only for arcade games, unlike the new SRL (Southern Regional League) which is having starting with console a tournament, but will include console and arcade games.

This could be a great way to hook up with other good players once the PS2 version is out.

Yea. I hope having VF4 on the PS2 gets more people to start playing.
    -DMan-

4. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Hey if you all are serious about starting serious competition in VF4, Florida would be happy to oblige you all, I think. Let us know about your plans for a Vf4 tournament in the Florida thread and we'll see what we can do. Btw there's a tournament in Miami with a 100 dollar base prize in April I think if anyone there is up to travel. I was thinking about doing a US ranking for vf4 similar to shoryukens apex....we shall see...since the community is so small right now.