SRL: Georgia VF4 Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DMan, Jan 18, 2002.

1. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

I just found out on Shoryuken.com about a new league that was just formed called SRL (Southern Regional League. for console and arcade tournaments http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50402&highlight=SRL*)
    There is going to be a console game tourney (Final Round 4. its the first SRL tournament) this saturday. Right these games are being played in the tourney:
    MvC2
    CvS2
    3rd strike
    ST
    TTT
    T4

The founder says if I can find some VF4 players, VF4 can be added to the list of games in future tourneys. So if anyone is interested in this, speak up.

Thanks
    -DMan-

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

This does sound interesting, unfortunately I'm in the northeast not southeast... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Does Shoryuken.com have similar leagues in New England/New York State or in eastern Canada? This could be a great way to hook up with other good players once the PS2 version is out.

3. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Does Shoryuken.com have similar leagues in New England/New York State or in eastern Canada?

SRK (shoryuken.com) has a nationwide league called Apex National Players League, but they only include capcom games I believe. Also, its only for arcade games, unlike the new SRL (Southern Regional League) which is having starting with console a tournament, but will include console and arcade games.

This could be a great way to hook up with other good players once the PS2 version is out.

Yea. I hope having VF4 on the PS2 gets more people to start playing.
    -DMan-

4. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Hey if you all are serious about starting serious competition in VF4, Florida would be happy to oblige you all, I think. Let us know about your plans for a Vf4 tournament in the Florida thread and we'll see what we can do. Btw there's a tournament in Miami with a 100 dollar base prize in April I think if anyone there is up to travel. I was thinking about doing a US ranking for vf4 similar to shoryukens apex....we shall see...since the community is so small right now.