1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis Virtua Fighter Gatherings

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akai, Jan 15, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For those interested in playing Virtua Fighter in the greater St. Louis area. First post will be updated with events in the area and also places to play Virtua Fighter.

STL Bar Warz - weekly Monday nights and Saturday afternoons at Danno's American Pub. The Monday nights are tournaments for Super Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3; however, there is enough room for casuals for other fighting games. There is a $5 venue fee that is waived if you bring a complete game system/monitor setup. Saturday are for casuals and is free.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Pai~Chun likes this.
  2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If Danno's is opened on Martin Luther King Day - I can bring a 360 setup again. PS3 getting fixed right now. In future gatherings, I can bring that instead if more people have controllers for the PS3 than 360 or vice versa.

Nice to meet some of the gamers in the St. Louis area :).

Edit: Danno's Pub will be hosting UMVC3 on MLK day, so I will definitely be bringing a setup for Monday.

3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    January 28th game night, I will bring a setup again for 360.

There are plans for Saturday Casuals between noon and 7pm. If there is enough interest I don't mind that day. I think I preferred that day actually.

Update From Facebook
    "Okay I would like to formally announce Sodium Free Saturdays at Danno's every Saturday from 12-6:45PM. Come enjoy casuals at no cost to you! While there is no venue fee we do encourage yo to bring systems and games to pair with our surplus of monitors so everyone can enjoy casuals with no waiting around. If I am not mistaken the kitchen is now open on weekends so we urge you to try out the new menu for lunch and dinner (although I will let Chris Muether verify the food situation). And please note that we must start clearing out @ 6:45 to make room for the new Formula 1 viewing parties starting Saturday's @ 7:00 although I'm sure you could stick around and watch. We hope to see you out this Saturday and please feel free to post any questions here!"

4. DrinkDaHooch

DrinkDaHooch New Member

Hey Akai, Saturday sounds great. Wasn't able to drive out to Dannos today. This is Scrubz BTW.

5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hey DrinkDaHooch - I'm not very good with names is this darkgustave on PSN? If so, no worries about tonight. If someone else, sorry! I got owned in Street Fighter. Most likely will try to learn that game to play when no one is on the VF station :D. I did get to talk and play with some people about VF, so it was worth it.

If you are thinking about this upcoming Saturday, I'm not sure if I can make it for the entire time. Do you know what your schedule is like?

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I will not be going to Danno's today. I will bring a VF setup on this coming Monday night though.

7. DrinkDaHooch

DrinkDaHooch New Member

It's all good. I'll try and come out this monday. Oh it's Scrubz, and yes that's my PSN.

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Cool, I will get to Danno's likely around 7 or 7:30 PM

9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

When is the next gathering drinkdahooch? Who else is remotely interested in playing there? Anyone at all??

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If Dano allows casual setups again (snow damage made a portion of the room unusable the last time) there will be a casual setup this coming Monday.

11. Stl_Tim

Rise from your grave!!

12. Am_I_Batman

Am_I_Batman New Member

Once the youth hockey season's over I plan on making a super cereal comeback to the world of VF.

13. Stl_Tim

Maybe we can get a small vfr group going at dano's finally! Make it like a weekly bowling group. Let's build some hype!

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If people want to play offline, I can bring a setup to Dano's.

15. Am_I_Batman

Am_I_Batman New Member

I would be down. I've been trying to make it out there for TTT2 ever since I found out about them but I keep having to ref and/or play hockey the same night. My schedule is too random right now for me to be able to say what night works best for me but by March or April just about any night will work. Weekly sounds a lot more fun than monthly too.

16. Stl_Tim

Cool, keep us updated, so we can plan ahead. In the meantime, we could try monthlies if your up for that? What's one day a month? It doesn't sound impossible to me.

17. Am_I_Batman

Am_I_Batman New Member

Yeah for sure and it's not like I'm on the ice every night but for some reason it's always during the TTT2 monthlies. I'm looking at my December schedule right now the only weekday I'm reffing is next Tuesday the 10th but I can't guarantee that they won't schedule me for more. The 17th is my last HNA (the league I play in) game of the year but then the second half of the season picks back up on January 2nd. So pretty much any weekday night except the 10th and the 17th will work for me this month, and I would like to try to get out to AJ's place next Wednesday if that's still happening. I'm still hella rusty but I would love to get some solid games in before Christmas.

18. Stl_Tim

Oh AJ, how's he doing? Saw him at the Chicago tourney where he was jamming out on some fs with us. Tell him what's up next time you see him.

19. Am_I_Batman

Am_I_Batman New Member

Not sure, I talked to him a little bit on PSN the other day and he asked me why I don't ever come out to his place and I told him I've been trying haha.

20. Stl_Tim