1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

StageGate - NYGX

Discussion in 'General' started by Chief_Flash, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I hope you didn't sell the keyboard tricky, according to community strawpoll results you may be demoted to 2nd place very soon.

2. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

What facts? I guarantee to you they did not say "Play in Arcade Mode For The Final Set" "Pick Any Stage You Want" I didn't see a post or someone coming up to me "This are the rules for NYGX" Because if there were such rules in place this is worst then Oakland Vs Pats 2001 playoff game. The fix was in.

3. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It wasn't arcade mode... what are you on Shinobi?

Chief_Flash likes this.
  5. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    [​IMG]

Yes, that's right. I "inflated" the infamy that shall forever be known as STAGEGATE. You all bought it. Hook, line, and sinker. The plan was to help @Tricky win, because afterall he is...NYC. However, I was gonna be damned if he would win cleanly, so thus I put the bug in his ear, as well as the TOs that he could PICK the stage of his choice. The rules have ALWAYS been random select only, however...using the technicality to my advantage, I decided to play off the fact that it was okay to pick a stage.

I'd say...Mission Accomplished. [​IMG]

6. ShinobiFist

You said on the previous page "It is not random at arcade. You pick the stage."

Chief_Flash likes this.
  7. Tricky

That doesn't make the versus mode arcade mode... I was responding to an incorrect statement about japan players using random stage select when in fact they choose their stages.

*waits for next shot to dodge*

Kruza and Chief_Flash like this.
  8. ShinobiFist

Understood. But we are not in Japan. And Japan plays on arcade units(So picking a stage is understandable). And we are not playing SFIV were everyone plays on training stage because they are scared of some phantom lag that might happen on other stages. The fact of the matter is you picked a stage when is common knowledge that everyone picks random select here.

Chief_Flash, Jacko and Kruza like this.
  9. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    According to Days of Future Past, it was Magneto who assassinated JFK...

Chief_Flash likes this.
  10. Tricky

@Harpooneer announced at the start the rule of changing stages. I disagreed with it personally, but it would be foolish to not use every tool available within the rules of the event. Are we back to using made up "honor" rules about not throwing in VF again?

@ShinyBrentford this is the weakest assassination attempt ever.

Chief_Flash and Kruza like this.
  11. ShinyBrentford

My joke wasn't about the assassination of JFK, but the conspiracy of this whole thing. Sorry @Tricky in my joke your not JFK. Your Oswald.

12. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Days of Future Past..... @Jacko shall we dig up old blog post??

BlackGeneral and Jacko like this.
  13. Tricky

lol

ShinyBrentford and Chief_Flash like this.
  14. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

According to The Watchmen it was The Comedian who did it...

I really hope you being sarcastic about assisting tricky

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  16. ShinyBrentford

All I know is @Tricky needs to watch out for @BBountyHuntyr. He's Jacky Ruby. ROFL

Jacko likes this.
  17. Tricky

I'll let ya'll have your conspiracy theory fun. I'll be playing the games while ya'll argue about stagegate.

btw, I am hype that Bbounty was able to beat denkai twice. I told him during our sets at my crib a while back how he needs to think about the game in order to beat denkai. Not sure if he used that or not, but looks like it. I also told Bounty how I'd beat his aoi, but I don't think he listened to that part as much. I don't really mind losing, it makes me stronger.

Kruza likes this.
  18. ShinobiFist

What made up "honor" in not throwing in VF? Again, I'm talking about standard FGC rules in tournaments unless stated. No one went up to me about stage select, no one. No one pulled that stage select stunt as well when they lost. And of course you use whatever it is to your advantage. This was not NEC or any other Major where we had 500 players to keep track off. He knew me, Will and cobratron was on are way when they put us on the brackets. He could have easily told us the rules when we got there. So if he told you that, or others fine, but don't be confuse why people were bewildered in the first place at NL. Again, the fix was in.

19. Tricky

You make a fair point and I was prepared to take a round loss for the pause if it was ruled against me. I don't have to adjudicate myself; it's the TO's job or the opponent to challenge. I wouldn't have fought it. Getting angry about it after the fact comes off like people are being sore losers. (BBounty isn't really doing this to be clear).

Kruza likes this.
  20. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    we need @BBountyHuntyr to confirm if he used said USELESS strats. strats don't beat denkai dude. butt won on his own!!! don't try to take away credit from such a great performance.