1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stagger Recovery

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by SilentKnight, Mar 25, 2002.

1. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

How the heck are you supposed to pull this off? I'm taking the tutorial and I can't get stagger recovery to work. I'm pressing buttons like mad, but it still doesn't work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Move the stick in circles while holding down G and hit P and K like mad. Well thats how I do it

3. SilentKnight

i don't have a stick though. using the ps2 controller /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

4. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Cant you just rotate your thumb?

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you're probably recovering and then getting hit by jacky's puntkick again because you forgot to block afterwards.
    struggle for half a second, then press and hold guard and block the next puntkick. That will satisfy training mode.

PS: that's a reeeallly easy struggle, so get used to really whaling on buttons and whirling your thumb. Other staggers take more work to get out of.

6. SilentKnight

k thanks guys. such a complicated game. i guess i'm tekken spoiled.