1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stance specific combos

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by erdraug, Jul 1, 2011.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Oh, capitalising on CH, now i get it. Don't apologize, i'm just very passionate about Vanessa, it comes across in a weird manner :X3:

I don't know about the open/closed stance thing; IIRC:

[1] [K] [+] [G] is stance (and range) specific from both stances and DS [4] [6] [K] CH [P] floats are identical to OS intruder step [P] [P] [+] [K] [+] [G].
    OS stance specific floaters are [6] [P] [+] [K] and [4] [3] [P] [+] [K]
    DS stance specific floaters are [2] [K] [P], [4] [6] [P] [+] [K], [8] [K] and [6] [P] [+] [K] [P]

Am i missing something? Have you found stance specific combos for other OS launchers wielding better damage? That'd be awesome.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

OS stance specific

[3] [P]
    [3] [P] [+] [K] slightly higher than [3] [P] so closed stance combo is different
    [6] [K] [+] [G] this is in DS as well but I usually just do [2] [P] fc [3] [P], [P] [K] [G] not sure if there are better options. In OS I do closed stance [2] [K] , [P], [P] [K] [G] and open stance [2] [P], [6] [6] [K], [2] [K] or [8] [K] in the direction of opponents chest
    [9] [K] [+] [G]
    [6] [P] [+] [K]
    [4] [3] [P] [+] [K]
    [1] [K] [+] [G]
    [6] [6] [K], [P] floats on crouch guard (depending on struggle) I think those floats are stance dependent as well

Not sure if I'm missing stuff but also the fact that she switches stance during some of her launchers and not others can sometimes be confusing if you're one of those people that checks stance before doing the launcher rather than after hitting.

3. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I wasn't aware that [3] [P], [3] [P] [+] [K] and [9] [K] [+] [G] had stance specific combos, i tend to just [P] [K] [P], i should really look into that, thanks.

4. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I hadn't noticed before that this was split from the ss2k11 thread. Maybe it should have been merged with the VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Combos thread though.

Anyway, as my exchange with AlexMD shows, i'm clueless when it comes to stance dependent floats. I've striven to find combos that work on everybody from either foot stance so i'd have to memorise less! I mean seriously, vane's movelist is so long, it's hard to remember everything, sacrifices must be made :ROTFL: Besides i'm lousy at stance checking. It'd love to learn a few more advanced floats though.

So i take this opportunity to start us off with a list of (foot) stance independant floats for Vanessa. Think of it as the "lowest common denominator" for vane's floats can yield in terms of float damage. If anybody has stance dependant floats that yield higher damage please share them! Don't forget to mention if it's weight dependant too ;)

DS

[4][6][K] CH [P] (41) or [1][K][+][G] NH (30) -> [P];[3_][K] (24)
    WS [K] CH (30) -> [1][K] (11)
    [3][P][+][K] NH (22) or [G][9]/[3][P] NH (19) or BT [P][+][K] NH (19) or [P][+][K][P] CH (22) -> [P][+][K][P];[P][P][P][+][K][+][G] (48)
    [P][3][P] CH (18) -> [6][P][K][K] (41)
    [4][4][K][+][G] NH vs. standing (24) or [G][8]/[2][P] CH (30) -> [2][P];[3][P][P][+][K][+][G] (27)
    [4][P] Side NH (28) or OM [K] Side CH (31) or [3][K] Side CH (34) -> [6][P][K][K] (37)
    [2][K][P] NH (14) or [2][K] CH [P] (32) -> [P][+][K][P][+][K][+][G] (23)
    [8][K] NH (25) or [6][P][+][K][P] NH (18) or [6][P][+][K] NH [P] (47) or [6][K][+][G] NH (25) or [4][6][P][+][K] CH (30) -> [8][P] pounce (22)

OS

[9][K][+][G] NH (26) or [9][P] NH (20) or IS [P][+][K] NH (20) -> [P][K][P] (32)
    IS [P] NH [P] + [K] + [G] (29) -> [P][+][K][P][+][K][+][G] (25)
    [3][P] CH (30) or [3][P][+][K] CH (30) -> [3_][K][K] (27)
    HCF [P] CH (37) -> [6][6][K] (13)
    BT [P][+][K] NH (19) or [6][K] CH (24) -> [4][3][P][+][K];[P][K][P] (43) or [6][K][K][P][P] (43)
    WR [K] CH (30) -> [P][+][K][P] (38)
    [4][4][K][+][G] NH vs standing (24) or [P][3][P] CH (25) or [K][P] CH (24) or HCF [P] charged NH (38) -> [2][P];[3][K][P][P][P][+][K][+][G] (41)
    HCF [P][2] NH (27) -> [2][K][P][P][+][K][+][G] (24)
    [4][P] Side NH (28) or OM [K] Side CH or [6][6][P] Side CH or [3][K] Side CH -> [4][6][P][+][K][P] (37)
    IS [P] NH (18) -> [4][6][P][+][K][P] (28)
    [6][P][+][K] NH (20) or [4][3][P][+][K] NH (20) or [6][K][+][G] NH (25) -> [8][P] pounce (22)

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Ya i too would also like to Know stance specific combos for van if neone finds ne or know. Is it me or does fs seem like they took out alot of stance specific combos? I keep seeing the same single palm combo for goh.. I hope its still there for ppl who go the extra mile to get more dmg should be accessible... Erdraug if u know combos for van that are not on vfdc can u pm me it thnks

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
  7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If you're referring to the "Black Book Combos" - there's no sense in "editing" them. They were (and in Vanessa's case, *should have been*) a snapshot of the combos that were released in the Black Book. These shouldn't change (save for typos, etc). But I've noticed that what you did with that page resembles something else.

The ongoing, and evolving list of combos for any character should be captured within the VFDC Combo database. A number of people have edit access to this area. If anyone wants to make a genuine contribution to the combo database, they need only let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm willing to fix it, if no one else will.</div></div>
    All well and good, but what assurance do we have that you won't delete everything again in another "bitch fit"? [​IMG]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also... why no VF5FS frame data/combo pages, I can submit quite a bit on that as well.</div></div>
    Nobody outside Japan has access to FS, hence there was no "need" for us (99.9% of VFDC) to have this information available on site.

However, since the FS console announcement, I'm slowly making my way toward releasing the FS command lists. I also know that a few members have already contributed command list info, which I plan on re-using. Thanks for your offer to help, and I'll be sure to let you know if you can help with Vanessa's command list (if someone already hasn't done it).

8. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Myke, do you know there is any commend or frame changed from Ver.A? I remember FS master guide was published before Ver.A launched.

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I haven't gone into specific character combos as I don't play Van too often but this is some of the stuff that I usually use. Also I typed this up in word so forgive the weird formatting :p.

I'm sure there are character exceptions to some of the combos so feel free to correct mistakes and add extra stuff, that seems to be how they go about compiling combo lists at SRK etc.

Stance specific combos

Defensive stance

B,f+k,p (changes stance)
    • p, pk, pkg (open only) 67dmg
    • p, fc d/fp, pkg (closed only) 64dmg
    • fp,d/fk (open only) 66dmg

b,f,pk
    • p, pk, pkg (open only)
    • p, fc d/fp, pkg (either)
    • pp,pkg (good for wall hits)

fpk,p (changes stance)
    • p, fp,d/fk (open only)
    • p, pk, pkg (open only)

d/bKG (changes stance)
    • pppk (open only) 62dmg
    • fpkk (open only, need ch for mid heavy and above) 67dmg, 82ch
    • p,fc d/fp,pkg (closed only) 58dmg

dk,p ch
    • fpkk (open only) 65dmg
    • p,pk,pkg (open only) 62dmg
    • p, fc d/f+p, pkg 58dmg

WSk ch
    • d/f+k (either stance) 47dmg
    • pppk (closed only) 62dmg

fkg
    • p, fc d/fp,pkg 67dmg
    • p,pk,pkg (open only) 63dmg

U+k (changes stance)
    • p,pk,pkg (open only) 55dmg
    • p,fp,d/fk (closed only) 55dmg

Offensive stance

u/f+kg (changes stance)

• p, fppk (open only) 62dmg
    • f+p,pkg, d/fk (closed only) 62dmg
    • pp,pkg,pk,pkg,pounce (near wall) 73dmg

d/f+p
    • f+p,pkg, d/fk (closed only, use d/fk as ender below mid heavy) 66dmg
    • fppk (open only)64dmg

d/fpk
    • f+p,pkg, d/fk (closed only) 66dmg
    • p, fppk (open only)66dmg

d/bKG (changes stance)
    • b,fpppk (open only) 67dmg
    • f+p,pkg, d/fk (closed only, use d/fk as ender below mid heavyweight) 71dmg
    • f+p,pkg, d/fk (open stance counter hit only)

f+kg
    • dkp,pkg (closed stance only) 49dmg
    • d+p, ffk,u or d+k (toward opp front, open only, midweight or below)54dmg

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    There are frame changes in Version A. There is a comprehensive list of changes (I think it is comprehensive) on AM2s website listing which moves were revised. Exact details such as exact damage adjustment are listed, but the frames adjustment are not. Also lots of changes that frame data does not necessarily capture.

11. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    whoa thanks guys !

( :
    ( :