1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Standing K+G punishment setups

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

El Blaze standing K+G is a powerful tool for the simple fact it leaves your opponent side turned, and with El Blaze speed, the mix-ups he could do are endless. Here's a few.
    K+G into side throw.
    K+G into 1K+G(If you assume your opponent is going to jab out of the side turned )
    K+G into 2K+G
    K+G into DM>RD(if you assume your opponent is going to jab)
    K+G into P+K+G>K>P+G(If you assume your opponent is going to jab)
    K+G into P+K+G>P(The punch puts the opponent side turned. Remember, you have to assume your opponent is going to jab)
    K+G into 9P+G
    K+G into K+G(If connects, opponent is back turned)follow by a back throw.
    IIRC, is pretty hard for someone to duck while they're side turned, so their best option is to jab out the incoming attack. Thats what I can think off right now. *Note, all this attacks are not guarantee, this are just options to think of once standing K+G connects*

2. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

Don't forget the juggle opportunities if you can catch a CH. His 4K can lead to staggers or full juggles if you hit right.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So anything since?

I can't get side throws for the life of me afterwards. Maybe counter...

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i like to keep it simple ¬

df+k (side crumble)
    or throw,.

another circular in the mix could break the whole ETEG syndrome.

5. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    Once side crumpled I usually go for 4kpp, however I just thought right this very moment. Could you get more damage after side crumple by doing roll uppercut and kick into whatever follow up depending on charceters wieght. i.e. p_ 6pk or 3p+k p k?