1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

STARS

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Blondie, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

This was a Great Idea, I personally love the fact that we have little stars by our names. It gives everyone incentive to be on there best behavior. The only thing I wish we could do is see if and what people ranked "US". I think Enk has gotten all his friends to sign up just to rank me and IMF one star /versus/images/icons/mad.gif . Is that possible myke to view what other guys have ranked us? I'd love to know who the enemy is /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No, it isn't possible for you to view who rated you and what rating they gave.

I'm inclined to remove user ratings altogether, and there are a number of reasons for this.

Firstly, if someone bothers to rate you, and say, they give you 1 star, then you're stuck with that rating until more people give you an 'honest' rating. For some who don't post much, I don't think this is fair.

Secondly, another problem is the lack of being able to update a rating you previously gave to a user. Impressions can and do change over time.

Thirdly, some people don't value the 'judgements' given by the masses. And while they may not be liked by many, they're the necessary salt needed in a community like this. I don't think we need a 1 star sign hanging over their heads forever.

Finally, and this is more of a personal thing, but I just don't like rating people.

If you want a means of feedback on a user's contribution to the site, use the thread rating which I'll be keeping for now.

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Thats cool, I don't rate that many people, just the ones I like. Good stuff Myke, I'll live without it.