1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Starting out with Sarah

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Modelah, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

@Cozby - FL K CH guarantees 3PK. Being able to backdash out of FL 3K is distance and advantage dependent.

@Manjimaru - FL K+G only beats ECD at +9 and up. So that generally isn't a 3-choice guess either because ECD will beat all options in most situations. As for FL 6KK, if you evade the first part you can still guard the second part. The second part is full circular. If you can get FL 6K on the screen and not get backdash punished, your opponent still has to guess.

Did some testing for the first time in a long time since I'm apparently a Sarah player now. This character's offense is cheap! I think i found the character I will use as a dedicated sub. It's just Jean x Sarah from here on out!

EDIT : Some of the info I posted in my previous post isn't 100% accurate. Certain things are better than I believed them to be...

PurpGuy and Chanchai like this.
  2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Elaborate pls. ;D (I definitely agree with you btw)

And welcome to Team Wite Wimmen, even though you've been beating me with my own character for like, forever lol

PurpGuy likes this.
  3. Lucky_GT

GT only!

I was winning based on reads / reactions before, but now I have strategy / knowledge. I just need a few long sets to get to the point where I don't need to think much about this stuff while playing. Sarah players will either steal my stuff (which is what I do to everyone else) or lose. : P

4. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    OTG/Off he ground Combos to juggle opponents who just lie on the ground and don't tech, for free extra damage.

Modelah likes this.
  5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Wite wimmen everywhere are dissappointed.

[​IMG]

6. Lucky_GT

@BLACKSTAR - I gotta do something to force people to play me!

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

My reflexes maybe slow but your info is wrong for sure.
    Post a video of yourself with CPU setting on "Guard or CH" then confirm the second hit 10 or 20 times in a row, then I'll believe you prodigal son.:)

@BLACKSTAR: no need to be so sarcastic, it's just a discussion about what a character can or can not do in a video game... You are right that I shouldn't have mentioned"nitaku" but rather a big advantage situation. Anyway I'm pretty sure 4K stagger into FL PK is very hard to break maybe even FL 3PK or FL3K are, I'll check that tonight.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  8. Lucky_GT

@Chibitox - After 4K stagger FL 3PK is max damage on fastest stagger recovery.

9. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Sorry, I didnt mean offend anyone, but i wanted to explain my viewpoint -- that if you allow certain nitaku mixups to have openings, the accepted definition of 'nitaku' would be thrown out, and any two slightly different options could be called a nitaku, which wouldn't be very meaningful.

Fuzzy guard and ECDTE are exceptions when it comes to escape options, of course.

But yeah, again Chibitox, that doesn't excuse my behavior so my apologies.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  10. Chibitox

@GT ok so stagger is almost even better than counter hit as I guess it must not be easy to shake out of FL3K crumple and FL 3PK guaranteed anyway. That's what I was remembering getting hit by when playing kingo's Sarah but I wasn't sure.
    This move's really cheap lol :rolleyes:

11. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Gt stop this nonsense, you're no Sarah player. Play Jacky!

12. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah i'm having a bit of trouble believing this GT Sarah player stuff myself...

13. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    YOU's post turned out to be really good overall by the end. Thank you once again, @Modelah !!!

14. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    You're most welcome, @BLACKSTAR. Following YOU's entry, someone wrote a section on how to deal with Taka, which was then OK'ed by YOU. I can add it if you like. Are you guys interested?

Hold up, Taka is MY main. I guess you all can kiss his big hairy butt, then. :D

Dark Nova Void, Ellis and ToyDingo like this.
  15. Lucky_GT

This is good stuff. Thanks to Modelah x YOU.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  16. Chibitox

Agreed. I believe it may be the best "Starting with XXX" topic so far !
    It has both simple and advanced tactics, both well explained, plus some interesting general tips. Thanks again Modelah ;)

17. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    YES, pls. :D

....but NO kissing.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

PurpGuy likes this.
  19. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    @Modelah snuck in even more translated tech specifically about vs. Taka.

This post is officially 10/10 on the Team Wite Wimmen scale now.

20. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Also, sticky-ed.