1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sth. Kage players may find useful.

Discussion in 'Kage' started by StoneColdSerb, Oct 28, 2003.

1. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Playing Quest (Brad) yesterday and the AI got a ring out on me in that ultra small phonebooth stage (the one with the palace in the background where the fighters are standing in water).

AI was just about to give me one of those ridiculouslu overpowered ko'enraku combos [insert Kage player hatemail here] but the 2nd hit (knee) just threw me over the fence.

I have never played Kage in my life, or read any faqs about hom so if the above is common news to Kage players I apologise for wasting your time. I had just never seen it before and thought some of you may find it useful.

N.

2. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

You can also do
    [4][P][G],[8][P][G] near the edge of the ring
    and
    RING OUT
    Looks best on Lei Fei stage /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. MK23

MK23 Active Member

Those over-the-fence ring outs can be done in any stage that has low fences.
    [4][P]+[G], [2][P]+[K], [4][P] [K]
    can also push opponents over short fences and you don't have to be right next to the fence to do it like you do with [4][P]+[G], [8][P]+[G].
    There are a lot more of these and other ring out combos in the Kage guide.

4. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

These are some of the easiest and most entertaining ways to ring people out. Lei Fei's stage, especially. The throw (I hope you know this, but might as well type it just in case) that launches you into the air is called the TFT. I don't even connect it with [8][P]+[G], because he just looks SO nonchalant when he does it.

"Whoops, did you just fly over that wall and into the abyss beyond?" /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

haha pretty darn old news buddy. but, here are some flashy ring out combos, they work on light and mid-weight opponents.
    this one works in open arenas [4][P]+[G] ~ LITTLE TINY DASH ~ [2][P]+[K] ~ [4][P][K] ~ [P] ~ [2][P]+[K][K] this goes pretty darn far. or try: [4][P]+[G] ~ LITTLE TINY DASH ~ [2][P]+[K] ~ [P] ~ [P] ~ [6][6][P]+[K]+[G] this one goes pretty far also. for short fence stages, use [4][P][G] ~ LITTLE TINY DASH ~ [2][P]+[K] ~ [4][P][K] alright i gotta go right now good luck

6. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

OK sorry, my bad. As I said, I have never played Kage in my life and for some reason nobody had ever done it to me before.
    /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif