1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

STL Garbage Round 1 Ready go!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by EggChen, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Hatman

Hatman New Member

Tim: I'm kinda practicing for TTT, but that's no big deal. The more VF I play, the more I become disgusted with the inconsistencies of Tekken. Yeah, I know I'm playing quite a few games right now, but my motto is that if you play multiple games, play 1 or 2 characters at the most. That way, you won't spread yourself too thin. Anyway, I plan on playing Aoi only for at least 3-6 months...I think I have some decent setups with her as of now. Obviously the big thing to learn is throw escaping...etc. So that's my goal.

Tii: I'm down for playing you today. I need to see what people are doing. I'll call you.

2. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

If anyone's playing today and wants to get their ass handed to them by Lei Fei :p give me a ring...560-1629. Later.

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Killbomb,
    Oh! How cocky! This isn't Zaibatsu smack talk weekly Bomb that will be killed soon. I hope you can back all that your saying, because it's going to get ugly! No Giligan flip tactics for you buddy. Domino head is going down!
    Late

4. Killbomb

You must fear Gilligan and the Fists of Doom!!! I'll be sending Jerky on the three hour tour the next time we meet! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Stl_Tim

Tommorow 4/6/02
    Need Human player instead of this a.i.
    If anyone is interested please pm me.

P.S.
    T^5 your weak for not calling back! You still owe me $5 for the jacky bet and I intend to colllect.
    Question: Is this all that St. Louis has to offer in terms of VF4 players? A handfull of 5 to 6 people? This is so sad!!!
    Hatman: Where the hell are you man? Are you playing vf at all? Are you free and if so when? I tried getting ahold of you alot these past 2 weeks, but no luck. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Anyway, guess I'll see you at the tourney?
    Late

6. Killbomb

I think most of the Tekken people that were trying out VF4 just jumped right back into T4 when it arrived on PS2. Should have seen it coming I guess. Anyway, I might be available for a bit in the early evening today. Probably going to go out with some friends later on since I'll be at E6 next weekend. BTW, I will drive to E6 if absolutely necessary. We also need to find out if there are any hookups on hotel rooms like at E5 or make a reservation somewhere...

7. T^5

T^5 Active Member

tim you told me to call if we have a hook up, we didn't have a hook up after at alfred's i was too drunk to play, and eric was tired so we called it a night, that's why i didn't call b/c there was no hook up.

since alfred is not here this week, i guess the gathering tonite will be at my place today...

8. Stl_Tim

Good games tonight Eric and Tii! I was highly impressed with Akira's change in play and Jacky's new trickery. I hope I can learn fast to compensate for my weaknesess. This game is getting more interesting as I'm learning. I never thought a game could be like this, but I kinda expected somewhat of a high learning curve from other's vf stories. I didn't expect to have to get a minor diploma in the school of vf, but I was seriously wrong. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Anyway, had a good time and hope to play alot before the tourney?? Please pm me times you are free this week?
    late

9. T^5

T^5 Active Member

i hate akira,

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

10. Killbomb

Thanks for calling last night Tim! I sat around the house until 10 playing Dungeon Siege waiting for someone to call. :p Hehe. Anyway, I'm on vacation this week so just give me a ring when you want to play.

11. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i hate akira,

Yeeaaahh !! Nobody can stop me !

<hr></blockquote>

I think I may need to use this line from now on. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Hello everyone......is everybody going out of town this week end? if not anyone wanna play......

13. Killbomb

I think most of us will be at E6 but we will probably be playing a couple times before then to get some practice in. If you want to post or PM me your number, I can get in touch with you. You can also give me a ring if you and bad man or whoever are getting together for Tekken and want to play some VF as well. My name's Bill and I think I've played you up at Tilt NWP. You'll probably recognize me when you see me. Anyway, my cell is 314-560-1629. Later.

14. Jinisgod

Cool......ill give ya call, Thanks

Red

15. TheBadMan

TheBadMan Well-Known Member

WOW a whole new way to waste time at work. Thanks guys!

Hey anyone know if I get the US version of VF4 with my saved character work on the Jap version?

-Patrick

16. Jinisgod

God man, im having problems getting Vannessa's throw animation after she does certain moves, yuk....oh yeah killbomb, as far as sarah goes try using Aoi,Jacky or wolf, and never get trapped in a corner while she is in her flamingo, BAD NEWS.

17. TheBadMan

Hey so anyone want to get together and play some VF4 this weekend? I have been brushing up on my Wolf and need some training dummies to test the shit out on /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Patrick

18. HoodedFreak

HoodedFreak Member

Hey what's up porch monkies. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I just registered and am writing to say what's up, since someone said something about wanting new people to beat on. My name's Alex, I'm 17, and I live right next to Bellfountaine Neighbors in the North County. Where you guys from? How old are ya? And when do you usually play? Guess that's about it for now. I'll check back later.

19. Killbomb

Jin is God: I finally started to figure some of the shit out but Julian is so good at mixups that it was very tough. I just need to play him more and take some beatings to get better at defending it.

the bad man: Most of us will be at E6 this weekend but next weekend will be good if you want to hookup then. I definitely want to play you in VF4 and T4. It's been awhile since we've played each other.

Hooded Freak: I stay near 170 and Page but most of us are scattered everywhere. Hehe. We usually get together on weekends so post back and let us know how to get in touch with you.

20. TheBadMan

KillBomb: sounds good

Hooded Freak: I stay in Kirkwood, but like he said people are all over the place... friday night some of us are probly getting together for some VF4, you can come join the shitfest.