1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

STL Garbage Round 1 Ready go!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by EggChen, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Hey Killbomb, IF THE VF4 only crew wants to come over thats fine, Im free after 5 on friday, lets go for 8 hrs of play this time! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Red

2. TheBadMan

TheBadMan Well-Known Member

I'm down for some VF4 tonight, I get off around 6:00 PM.

3. STT2311

STT2311 New Member

What's up, guys! This is Kiet. I start to play vf4. Hopefully, you guys can play and teach this scrub in vf4 sometime. I can only play on friday,saturday night and weekday sometimes( if I don't have any homework and school). give me a call if you want to hook up.
    This is my home phone: 636(379-9794) Call me after 8pm since I never got home before 8. or you can email me at Kiethuynh2311@hotmail.com
    See you guys later!

4. T^5

T^5 Active Member

i hope to play around, 530 or something until about 11 or so, this will either be at my place or alfred.....if he wants to have one.

5. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

Tii: Post back or give me a ring and let me know where you guys are playing at. 314-560-1629.
    Tim: I think I'm beginning to figure out some of this frame data stuff. It's fairly simple to grasp, but takes a LOT of memorization. virtuaproject.com has the frame data with all their version C movelists now. I'm fairly sure it's the same as the data in the books you were looking at during E6. Heh...I didn't realize how much of a disadvantage Akira is at after almost every move he does...
    Kiet: We'll probably be playing on Friday night so I'll give you a call.
    bad man: I can let you know if I find out about the gathering with Tii and the others. Otherwise, perhaps you and Red would like to get some games in tonight? Let me know...

6. Jinisgod

Looks like i cant kick it tonite after all.........stuck up here at the job, but let me know about Friday night......holla

Red

7. Jinisgod

Tonite i am off.....i will be at home by 6, hit me yall if ya down

Red

8. TheBadMan

I'll probly be there reppin Wolf to the MAXXXXXXX!

9. Jinisgod

Kool ill be at the crib playing...........any vf4 players can show up,

Red

10. TheBadMan

Well I figured I would beat Red to the punch and report the results of last nights little get together of JinisGod, Killbomb and myself. When I arrived the two of them were playing Tekken 4 (don't ask me what they were thinking) anyways long story short was there was alot of Jin and Murdock shennanigans going around... I jumped in for a few matches against Killbomb and I don't think I beat his Christie one time /versus/images/icons/frown.gif There were even some brooms and pbrooms in there, oh well. Apparently blocking low is a skill I have yet to master, i need practice.

Then we went on to VF4, and basicly that wasn't much prettier... played Reds Vanessa a few times and, again, apparently I suck because I wasn't able to break a single throw. He is the king of doing that stupid guarunteed stun > throw EVERY TIME! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Best part is as he is doing that crap he is still tearin about my spacing techniques with Wolf /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Then I played Killbomb a few times my Wolf vs his Jeff and I basicly got it handed to me again... no quims on my end about that, Jeff rules and is a character I really want to learn.

Anyways I need to stick to Tetris from now on because I suck at fighting games now /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

-Patrick

11. Jinisgod

lol actually, i wasnt going to post anything today, but! Ya see you dont suck! think about it i OWN T4....and you dont yet, that means ive found more gay stuff than you. When it comes out over here and you get it you will get jus as much crap off as i do,

VF4.........youre wolf is very good, but ya gotta stop backdashing all the time, he is to powerful to be played as a turtle.....honestly youre best fights of the night were against killbomb!! as far as vannessa and lion go, you have to attack otherwise youre playing there game...........youre wolf throw guessing game is great, all ya gotta do now is put some offense to it.

i wait for the return of cheif big nutz!

Killbomb: i still hate that dam crouching tiger kick, man that comes out fast!....Kage, i am still having a little trouble with him, so i need hella practice.......jefferry, bad man after you left, we had some of the best vannessa vs jefferry fights ive ever seen, they are both so dam strong it aint even funny.

Ps: you dont suck, we are STL, we rule, PAtrick and Chris, find that fire again inside of you again! hey julien my bad i didnt know there was going to be a hook up, ill keep ya posted!

Red , proud to be a gamer in the STL!!!!

12. Killbomb

bad man: That's pretty sad that you were losing to my Christie since I've been playing her like two days. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif You also forgot to mention the greatest moment in fighting game history...when I reversed your giant swing and flipped you out of the ring through the one hole that was open in the dojo stage! I really regret not saving that because it will NEVER happen again so perfectly. BTW, I didn't plan it at all. I think I was just going for a throw at the same time and it worked out that way. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Red: You pretty much owned my Jeffry. I really need some work with him. Pat just kept falling for my u/f+K+G which really helped a lot. :p Pai is definitely the shit though...u/f K,K comes out SO fast when you whiff a move. If you block it I'm screwed though so the risk/reward is fairly balanced. Anyway, good games guys and we'll do it all again tomorrow night hopefully.

13. Killbomb

If any of you are familiar with IRC, Tim has started a St. Louis VF channel on Efnet. Come on over and join us in #vfstl
    www.mirc.com

14. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

T^5, Shou: What is going on with the St. Louis tournament? Can any of us help to put it together too? How far along are you guys in the planning stages? Anyway, please post back with ways any of us can help out. Count me in!
    Late

15. Killbomb

Red and bad man: Are you guys still up for tomorrow night? Tim won't be able to make it but I am going to try to get in touch with Chris. I'll probably be ready to start whenever you guys are. Give me a ring or post back.
    Tim: I'm heading out with some friends after all tonight but give me a call Saturday. Otherwise, I'm definitely down for some games on Sunday. Later.

16. Jinisgod

Yep its all good...........i ll be home at 6
    Tim got youre call, but i was up at class.
    Bad man: are ya down for tonite.

17. TheBadMan

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE nothing says friday in STL like playing video games :\ But yeah thats cool, I haven't really practiced any since the other night but i'm up for some fun. I got to do a few things first after work but probly ~8:00 I can make it over there, let me know whats up. I gotta remember to bring my memory card and make a jap character/config file this time around...

And killbomb I admit that giant swing break was probly the best ringout I have seen/will ever see in vf4... man what are the odds. I'll talk to you guys tonight.

18. TheBadMan

There wasn't a soul on efnet #vfstl just now... get your act together guys!

19. Killbomb

Video games on Friday night in STL=cheap entertainment. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Red: I'm going to try and get in touch with Chris later. I'll let you know what's up.

20. TheBadMan

I agree on that, cheap is good.