1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

STLVF: Simple Games Thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by EmX, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Re: stlvf-a new generation

Wasup Patrick,
    I will add your gt on for sure. There is so much comp now you won't have any problem learning. Hope you have fun. Oh yeah, the top of the match making forum has the region gt's if your interested.

Peace^-^

2. Marlo_Lurosci

Marlo_Lurosci Active Member

I'll add you too. Good to have you.

3. Stl_Tim

It's been way too long and I think we need a gathering here. Everyone come on out and bring your customized character card with you. It's going to be a gas to see how much this online play changes everyone's offline. If you can't lets plan a midwest online gathering soon. Let me know what is good for you all.

Peace^^

Marlo!!!!!
    Need the modding skills son!
    vshg awaits operation...

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Tim - I will be back in St. Louis for the Thanksgiving holiday. Not sure what my family is planning, but maybe sometime Friday or Saturday afternoon I can get some games in.

5. Stl_Tim

Sweet turkey suprise!

Anytime with akai is the hawtness vf time. Doors will be open, so gimme a buzz when your ready to jam.

Peace^-^

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Hey Tim, sorry, today and tomorrow I am doing stuff with the family, so I won't be able to make it over to Imperial. Some other time!

7. Stl_Tim

No problem, I'll see you sometime else when your freed up or on online. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Peace^-^

8. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Oh god, Johnny was in town? Shame we couldn't get together man, the last time I saw you was in Ohio in like 05 haha.

Hey, Tim, what do you think of this deal: I convert both of your VSHGs to 360/PS3 hybrid sticks (not 100% sure if this is within my ability as a stick builder/solderer but I will look into it if you're interested in doing this), and you sell me one of them at a discounted price, say $30-50. I will also fix your VSHG no questions asked if there is a problem with it that I can fix.

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Yeah, my family still lives in St. Louis so I try to visit them a couple times a year. I should be back in St. Louis for Chinese New Year (sometime in February). I will make sure to save some time for VFing!

10. Marlo_Lurosci

Tim how about this weekend? Emx you down? I've just been running around a bit for work and could use some down time.

11. Marlo_Lurosci

What's your Xbox gamer tag? Mine's Marlo Luroci. Add me to your friend's list.

12. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Tim: I remember that offer you had for your Arcadia monitor, does that still stand? I might be able to take it off your hands in a min, I'm looking into getting an XRGB2+ for my older consoles and running my 360 in native VGA at 1024x768, so it seems like a good idea. The only problem I seem to remember with that monitor is that colors were washed out sometimes. I think it was fixed with FT though?

13. Stl_Tim

It was refurbished awhile ago and ft looked sweet on it. Wow, the days of 8 frame throws(wipes tears from eyes) If your looking into a micomsoft xrgb-2 or whatever new model is out do shop around since they are stupid in price. Plus look for factory rgb cables, because the hk ones are crappy! Yeah, the offer still stands if your interested, so np. Lemme know what works for you and we can wheel and deal. Also, you might want to pop your head in gametrader, because he might have some xrgb-2's shou or myself traded in awhile back plus the cables.

Playing saturn with xrgb-2
    Priceless..
    Laters

14. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Ok, sounds like a plan. I should have the money together in 3 months at most. Got a model number for me?

15. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Tim: if you don't like a 5 streak then switch then set my upper limit for what you'll take before you realize that maybe it's time to learn the matchup better with other, more knowledgeable players. I'm fine with that, but there has to be a limit at this point, because I try to gauge the how intense you're getting and try to reset the situation so you don't have a nigga moment with me. I'm not deliberately trying to hurt your feelings, I just think it's a good idea to take a breather once in a while.

Karl: Nice meeting you. You'll learn a lot more directly from Tim, since he keeps up with all the top guys and is in good with them. I am down to play whenever for right now.

Paging Marlo Lurosci to VF crew hookups. Normal > Player > Ranked for vs. mode.

Aaron, Brad, Tess, Hatman, Red, Steve, Rob, Badman and MD Bill still need to make it out sometime. All in due course.

How tight is songg?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=care+police

16. Stl_Tim

Seth- The only real problem I have with you is the way you act after winning as opposed to losing. During a loss you have mummbling tears and non-verbal actions that I do notice and take some offense too, but I can handle this. On the flip side, when you win you like to throw it in my face in what I consider a rather offense, cocky, and distasteful act of your, "JACK LORD-HAWAII 5-0." Telling me I am not allowed to play that character, because you pulled a 5-0 on my 12th sub character. You tell me this game is just a game and means nothing to you, but it another thread your telling people which seems proudly that you went 70% vs me in ft? If your counting ratio's vs me everytime we play the you seem damn serious, so I have to take your, "It's just a game statemtent" as a crock of crap. It's casual matches and it seems so SERIOUS! Also, you bring alot of negativity and cynisim to my household which I really don't need and don't want to hear. Btw, were you talking directly to me saying I hate people who try to yomi life? I was confused to what or whom you were refering too, so I took it as dark sarcasm aimed at myself. I have my problems and you have yours, so lets leave them at the door and just have games. Back to my main point, I can say I took characters I didn't know well and faced them vs lion, but you know what I wanted to see how their tools work against them as opposed to using my main character's tools. I have alot of problems vs lion in general, so this helped me understand what is and isn't available with other tools at my dispose. Other then that good games and no I wasn't trying to showup your wolf by playing wolf at all. As a matter of fact, I have played wolf since 4 alot, but not as a main. I find he is a very strong character with great reward, but getting it is very challenging, so please don't take offense to that.

Songg- Your a lagtastic korean akira player that needs to have your ankles cut off for the shenanigans you preform online. Nevertheless, good bs and when we next meet I have sauteed sarah's boot with kimchee for that mouth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Karl- Thanks for stopping in and defintely stick with pai as your main no matter how many heartaches you go through, because it will eventually payoff if you keep practicing. Let me know when you want to jam online and get some sparring and training in. Nice to meet you.

Marlo- Nice improvement with jacky. I think he suits you alot better and has better reward for guessing right. Yeahhh!!

Peace^-^

17. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Right and you can tune out how I react or fuck off, since I'm not the one who's made death threats or literally cried/screamed/pounded fists over VF out of genuine rage. I don't have time for your untreated HPPD bullshit, and frankly if you do something like that again I might just have to consult your wife or the law about your behavior towards me in the past. Get meds or something. My tears are about as sincere as when I'm cooking and I flip a pancake the wrong way, so if you see it otherwise there is some kind of distortion going on in your brain. It's not necessary for you to write a huge, verbose block of text about how I'm causing you psychic wounds by winning at VF. Write if you must, but learn some fucking paragraphing at least.

Anyways, let's get together and feel all right.

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Set it to 3 rounds. Problem avoided. "Hawaii 3-0" would sound silly.

5/9 causes disaster. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

19. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

first to 11 it is

20. Marlo_Lurosci

We all need to get together for sure. Tim, you're right about Jacky. I do like him better than Lion. When are you having another gathering?