1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Story mode. (No it isn't a request)

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by trollainas, May 2, 2013.

1. trollainas

trollainas Active Member

Because it's here!!!

It was always here!!! in a fucking pachinko!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I demand Aoi Kicking ass J6 robots while she sweping the ground.

Akira punching exploding demons. Pai, fuck... Pai...

Jacky saving sarah from the J6 H.K. Hell... why can't SEGA put all of these things as cutscenes?

Why put this on a crappy pachinko?? huh?

Ellis, EvenPit, Chanchai and 11 others like this.
  2. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Holy shit!

Konradinho and Tricky like this.
  3. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Up until now, I wasn't really interested to see a Story Mode in VF. Quest Mode was just fine for me. But, having watched these two videos, what can I say? Amazing! I'm not hoping anymore, I want VF6 to have a Story Mode.

4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    F*cking sweeeeet !!
    Nice to see my little Aoi in action :D, and kicking Jean's butt hahaha

Was funny to hear Jacky and Sarah talking in japanese.. seems like the characters don't have their original voice from our beloved figthing game, except Akira maybe ?

There seems to be more, like here:

Pai~Chun, Chanchai, Tiripsem and 2 others like this.
  5. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Super awesome!!

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

holy fucking shit this is awesome!

R_Panda likes this.
  7. MidnightRunner

MidnightRunner Member

PSN:
    Mad_Sweeney
    That's freakin' cool! But pachinko...?!

8. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm still on a wait list for this machine VF Revolution. Gonna take a awhile for the price to come down since its less than a year old. Its pretty similar to my other VF pachinko though.

9. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    OMG...

That was amazing!!!

That Akira vs Goh part was too epic! And B.Sarah? A dark Sarah? Interesting.

I also loved those variations of the stages they had with spectators added in!

Overall, lots of great ideas in those videos-That is how the story mode and single player content should be...Complete with the little combo mini-games they had in there and everything-I love it!

Thanks for sharing these vids guys!

10. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Oh my god... my presh characters. MY PRESH AOI. My heart... the feels...

11. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    What the hell Sega!?

Why is this on a friggin Pachinko machine? Jacky vs B.Sarah!? REALLY!!!!

Though, let's be honest, if Sega ever did do a proper story for VF, it'd probably be terrible. But still would be nice to see it...:)

12. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Yo that was crazy If this isn't in the next VF I'll be very disappointed if they don't have a story mode or at least online/offline quest mode

13. Pltnm06Ghosty-J

Pltnm06Ghosty-J Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Pltnm06Ghost
    Hooolyyyy crap. I remember seeing some camera footage a long time ago of the Pachinko game where Jacky saved Sarah from J6 with a battle between Lei and Pai following immediately after. But after seeing all these clips, I'm fully convinced that VF6 is in desperate need of a Story Mode. Pai playing the epic hero, Aoi kicking butt with a broom, Jacky Vs B. Sarah, Akira blowing up demons with the sheer force of his palm, and the battle against Goh was just NUTS!

Come on, SEGA. Don't pour resources on something like a Pachinko game. Give us a Story Mode! With prologues, rival cutscenes, and endings at least! This is insane D:

14. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    But Pachinko machines are big in Japan. Every time I passed one, there were loads of people just sitting there playing...

15. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I don't even need a scenario.. ( seriously.. Aoi dancing around carelessly when suddenly Jean appears to attack her with no reason LOL )
    just some epic fights cutscene !!

16. Pltnm06Ghosty-J

Pltnm06Ghosty-J Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Pltnm06Ghost
    I'm aware of that. I'm just dumbfounded a Pachinko machine out of all things managed to cram more story references in-game than any of the main series fighters ever did ._.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  18. synce

synce Active Member

What could've been ;_;

Two things I want in VF6: Story mode and completely Japanese cast

19. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    Hey it's funny cause i have discovered this just yesterday. That was my first meet with a name "pachinko". According to wikipedia, pachinkos are some arcade machines, kind of mixing billards and pinball into one, but without any flippers (dunno the mechanism). Sammy is kind of a leader in producing pachinkos (not sure)

So, dunno if already posted but game's name is VF:Revolution, here's official site of it:
    http://www.sammy.co.jp/japanese/product/pachinko/virtuafighter/index.html
    After watching some videos on youtube I have found something like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxJb74p9eg
    Is this a VF4 pachinko? It's funny, cause I always thought i know pretty much 'bout VF series and this... whatta surprise!

However, about the story idea.. I think that cutscenes presented in this game aren't so bad, they are pretty fun sometimes. Of course some are kind of 'infantile' (Aoi + power broomstick or Pai as a epic heroin), but I think that for , example, VF6 if SEGA wahted to implement that in game such as story mode it could be only better! Some stories, such as Lau - Pai family affair or Jacky - Sarah have big potential to stand for a independent stories in a game's story mode. After seeing DOA5 story it shouldn't be a big deal to implement something better than it :)

20. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

^I have that pachinko machine. You can see it sitting next to my VF pachislot in this video. Its funny I've had it alot longer than the slot machine but i've never made a video of me playing it. I'll shoot one sometime soon ;) .