1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

strange akira combo in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Nov 20, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i figured this out by a miss-judged DLC, a real example why i HATE vf4's new Tekken/DOA style combos!

d/f+p+k(counter hit) f+P+K(on the rise), straight in to DLC

the first hit knocks them on the floor, and the rest just bounces them!!, i thought kage was bad, but vf4 seems like it's turning more shallow with it's reliability toward combos rather than game tech

this ISNT TEKKEN!!!

what's next? floor-juggling the SPoD!!??, yeah, the day that happens i'll eat my cat!!

2. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: Not strange akira combo in VF4

IDK if someone already mentioned this: I read that, in VF4, a counter hit causes a yellow flash, while a normal hit causes a white flash, but I think the flashes are too fast for us to distinguish their colours in the middle of a fight.

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

but I think the flashes are too fast for us to distinguish their colours in the middle of a fight.

If you are paying attention (i.e. "next move I'm going to do I'll watch for the spark") then the differences between the sparks is very noticable. When I play Aoi, I always pay attention to the spark when I do df+P+K -- if it's yellow I go for the low throw. (I don't have to bother with the sparks for Lion -- everything he does works off of a normal hit :p)

cheers,
    kbcat

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

d/f+p+k(counter hit) f+P+K(on the rise), straight in to DLC

I'm pretty sure you can TR out of the DLC in this instance. Especially judging from your other post, where you ask how to QR/TR... all I can say is, give yourself some time to adjust to VF4.

But, df+P+K (MC) ~ Fujin is a true combo.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

WTF?!

Mad propz to Bronze Parrot and KBCat for PERFECT examples of a "What the fuck?!" post! Random information coming from <font color=green>deep</font color=green> left field.
    Actually, that's not fair, KBCat was just making an informative response to the poster before him, I can't fault him for ignoring the original post. Lemme stick in a few smileys so nobody's offended. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif/versus/images/icons/frown.gif/versus/images/icons/blush.gif
    -Anyway, in response to the original poster:

Learn to TR/QR. There are a million nasty VF "pseudo-combos" that cannot be blocked but CAN be avoided by tech rolling as soon as you hit the floor. Using Akira for example, you can land the D, f+P+K shoulder ram four times in a row by hitting your opponent's bouncing body. However, the opponent who gets hit by that sort of combo probably doesn't understand the game - they can tech roll after the second shoulder ram and be completely safe from any additional hits. Basically, from the moment you hit the floor, you should not get hit ever again.
    -------
    There are exceptions because certain moves slam you into the floor with special animation, and you cannot avoid the first hit after this special animation. That's why kage can do those wonderful u/f+K+G, d+P, dragon punch combos - the u/f+K+G causes you to hit the floor with your legs kicking up, the low punch hits those legs and leaves the opponent momentarily airborne, and the uppercut hits the opponent before they touch the ground again. If the u/f+K+G caused a normal knockdown animation, then the opponent could probably roll before the low punch hit him.

VF4 has nasty combos, but moves look like half as much damage as they did in VF2, especially in float combos or hits off the ground. VF4 is NOT Tekken.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Re: WTF?!

err..., thanks creeD, but I was'nt the victim..

it was ME who pulled it off trying to air juggle the basic DLC against my opponent!

you see, i wasnt expecting a counter hit with the d/f+P+K, i normally use that to set me up with the rising shoulder barge

but then ..WHAM!! a discusting floor combo breaks out!!

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Oops, I really did understand that you were the windshield and not the bug. Honestly. Anyway I guess my point is that the combo wasn't disgusting since it's not a true combo, the opponent can get out of it after only two hits. The shrm was your only guaranteed damage in that series of attacks. Anyway. If your opponent was a human, be nice and tell him about TR. [embarrassed]

8. Rugal

Rugal Well-Known Member

It's quite easy to do the SPOD in the corner on an opponent and then follow up with double jump kick, his new 3 hit combo (forgot what the hell its called) or DLC.
    It's quite cool, or silly, depends on which way you look at it.

9. CowsGoMoo

CowsGoMoo New Member

Poster: bare_knuckle93
    "what's next? floor-juggling the SPoD!!??, yeah, the day that happens i'll eat my cat!!"

Well, you did know that you can SPoD someone who's crumpling, right? They're not on the floor, per se, but they're on the way...

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

Even if you do manage to land these kinds of combos, VF4's system compensates with small damage. IE b,f+P, DLC sounds like a nasty combo, but it actually takes off less than 1/4 of the life bar, with all 3 hits of the DLC connecting.

because of this, I don't think VF4 is unbalanced or cheap at all.

Spotlite

11. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Yeah, float combo damage is moderated in VF4, a la VF3
    style, so multiple hit combos don't really do much damage,
    although they do look pretty cool. Anybody tried Comboing
    with a DLC after Akira's b,f+p+g throw(wall)? Nice
    combo...

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

what i mean...

is that it seems that from day one, VF4 tries to look more "visual" than play "technical" LIKE DoA or Tekken

this was never the case in previous virtuafighters, and that makes me dissapointed with such a legendary sequal....

although, i still love the game for what it is, it saddens me that sega had to tweak it slightly to for a market audience

example: kage-maru

and i really hate whatching kage being played in part4 because it just looks fake and horrible....

*sigh*, believe it or not, after having said that, the game STILL is untouchable in the fighting games industry, even to day (^_^)

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Kage is much more technical in VF4 than VF3!!

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i know that, and i LOVE his new stances and moves, BUT...........

he has some fake, out-of-place combos that spoil his improvement greatly, example:

b,b+K+g, d+p(turn around), d+K, dragon punch

a simple sweep can follow up into a four hit combo!!!??
    i just watched in discust!!, combos are just gettling silly now, and i draw the line at part3!!, a total begginer can pull this one off and still walk away grinning...... sort it out sega!!

15. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, it's no more ludicrous physics wise than your average Akira "anything->DLC" combo, and Jacky has had the moves of a Tekken character at least since VF2.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

ahhh, but in VF2, players dont

bounce...

off...

the...

ground...

also, a basic juggling DLC was fine by me, infact, VF3 was fine by me, but the fact that floor hits are SO common and easy to do in VF4, that "yes" they DID create the tech roll LIKE TEKKEN

VF3 was enough, atleast floor hits were uncommon or took supreme timing, some combos, you had to ONLY do against light people, or some, ONLY for taka (those were harsh) and some combos ONLY can be done with counter hits like lau's vf3tb intro combo against sarah... or some, you had to be in the right stance...

as i said before, i draw the line at part3, they just went silly in part4.. (-_-)

i guess i'm on my own here.....

17. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

completely off the subject, what IS akira's new 3 hit combo i keep hearing, is it like the DLC?, what's the motion?

18. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: [Off-Topic] Not WTF?!

> Lemme stick in a few smileys so nobody's offended.

No offense perceived. Besides, I've documentary proof (URL available on request) that I'm interested in the useless and weird aspects of the VF games.

19. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Akira's new 3 hitter

a quick search came up with this (quoted from spotlite):

This is Akira's new 3 hit combo (d+K+G- f+K- b,f+P) FujinShouShitsuFukkoGeki. The Fujin just comes from the first part of the name, which is also the first part of the name for just d+K+G: FujinKyaku, or Axe Kick (Lei Fei also has this move). I think calling it Fujin basically was my idea (not to pat myself on the back, but rather to say that if it's confusing, blame it on me). I liked that Fujin is also the name of the Japanese Wind God, and therefore had a small association with the true name of the DLC, the first part of which is Shura (as it's called by Japanese players) or roughly "demon". If you like Tekken, you'll know that people call the Mishima's CD right upper a Wind God Fist, which is just english translation of it's actual name: FujinKen.

A lot of people call this move Akira Special 3 or AS3, and Japanese texts tend to call it "New 3 Hit".

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Repeat after me:

VF4 is not VF3

Nobody's asking you to cease playing VF3, and if you don't like the new direction and focus of VF4 then don't play it.

Your constant whining about VF4 is starting to get on my nerves, so please spare us in future. And practically every question you've posted lately has been discussed to death here in the past, so try to be a little more resourceful next time.

That so-called fake combo of Kage's is easily avoided by tech rolling or quick rising. Everything you claim that ruins the game, simply doesn't. You really should do more homework, or try to play with the UK crowd more often. Though they're not as vocal on here, I'm sure they'll gladly teach you a thing or two about the game which you could then chalk up as 'personal experience'.

And finally, if you think VF2 had no OTG combos then you're sorely mistaken.