1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

strange akira combo in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Nov 20, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: [Off-Topic] Not WTF?!

weren't you the dude that posted about sarah falling with her legs open, like she's begging for it, while pai clams up and closes her legs when she hits the floor? Something like that?
    Here's a bit of useless/weird info for you. In dural's stage that boring tiled background that looks like a bunch of big metal plates? There are little cubbyholes in the center and in those cubbyholes are mini durals.

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

wow, i think i got people flaming... (0_+)

hey, chill myke, i'm no bin-laden trying to bomb VF4 or anything, i'm just pointing out a couple of over-looked things.. that's all.

if there were no critics, there would be no decent games (^_^)

i'm not whinning, just dissapointed, it's not my fault i love the game so much that i can see something missing,

and thanks for the 3 hit combo info who ever it was (^_^)

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Barenuckle, I swear I'm not picking on you, but there's a good reason for Myke bring the hammer down on you like that. You basically said

"Man! I pulled off 6 hits on the bounce with Akira in VF4! Christ, VF4 is turning into Tekken!"

... to a lot of experienced players (I might say more experienced than you, so sorry to have to put it that way), that's like saying VF4 is trash, which it is not. Those 6 hit combos are not really combos because the opponent can get out of them after the second or third hit by techrolling... and it's not like techrolls are this super elite experts-only technique. Tech rolls are something everyone should have down pat within their first dozen games of VF. So it's not accurate to say that series of moves is a combo, because intelligent opponents can always get out of the last few hits. It's DEFINITELY not accurate to say that the game's like tekken, because in tekken there are usually NO ways you can avoid eating all the hits in a combo.
    ----------
    By the way, in VF3 Lion could get 6 or so hits on the bounce against Taka. You might say "yes but that's because Taka bounces funny" - that's true. But Taka can get 4 or 5 hits on the bounce against Aoi, who follows normal bounce/float rules. No TR's in VF3 mean that these are true combos. So VF3 was less fair than VF4 in that sense.
    While I'm rambling -
    In VF2 the most hits you'll see on the bounce is one or two, but OTB combos still existed in VF2. VF2 was a very crazy combo game actually, combos were 1,000 times less fair in VF2 because they did a ton of damage and you could squeeze in many hits. Lots of moves did not need a major counter for you to be able to inflict 50% damage. If we're talking about cheapness VF2 is probably closer to tekken than any other VF game. It was still fun though.

as for:
    hey, chill myke, i'm no bin-laden trying to bomb VF4 or anything, i'm just pointing out a couple of over-looked things.. that's all.

Myke's point is that you're the guy overlooking things (like tech rolls) which is leading to uninformed opinions.

and as for
    if there were no critics, there would be no decent games (^_^)

Inaccurate criticism will lead to worse games, not better one. If I watch american football for half an hour and the only thing I walk away with is "this looks like a very rough game, there need to be more rules and less tackling" then I sound like an idiot, because the rulebook for the NFL is like 200 pages single spaced, and it would not be a popular or fun if they took out tackling anyway. I don't think AM2 would ever read what you said and take it seriously, but if they somehow did, it would be a setback for VF.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well, i guess that just about wraps every thing up so..

i'll shut my trap.....(^_^).....sorry if i caused any upset..

**walks off to play Alex Kidd***

ahhh the days (^_^) la la la ~

5. Kamata

Kamata Member

Re: Akira's new 3 hitter

Ahhh...yesss, Akira's "special 3" and Akira's "Dragon lance" combos....beautiful, yet hard to make moves...at least for me.

Akira's "special 3" (axe blade leg-shot knee-overhead smash d+K+Gf+Kb,f+P) and his "dragon lance" combo (dragon spear-dashing elbow-bodycheck df+K+Gf+Pb,f,f+P+K) are harder to come out than I thought.

I've played his since VF 2 and this SPoD comes out easily, it's piece of cake in VF 4 also (remember b,df+P+K changed to b,df+P+G).

Any hints? I'm really not that slow...really...not....i'll show you...

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Re: Akira's new 3 hitter

okay, just to show that i'm not as annoying as people think....

<<DLC ~ dragon lance combo~>>

1>the technique i normally use in pulling this off is "light hands", DO NOT attempt to slap the stick about while doing this untill the last motion

2>make sure you pull off "d/f+K+G and f+P" smooth and slick, but one straight after the other, and during the second motion (elbow)
    quickly struggle the stick to wards the direction you are facing LOOSELY so that you still get the "back" in the b,f,f and tap p+k after the third struggle

3> or , you can just struggle through out the whole thing while tapping the right buttons but that will tire your hands and it wont be very reliable.. (^_^)

as for the new combo, i dont know much about that, but the main move i hate pulling off is the STUPID KNEE

but that's enough moping...