1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

strange lei-fei

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by PhoenixDth, Jan 21, 2006.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

last night i was trying to find a better alternative against open stance jacky [9][K]+[G],[P],[P],[P], i found something absolutely weird with [P]+[K],[P],[P] specifically the [P]+[K]

the damage results for this following sequence [9][K]+[G],[2]+[P],[P]+[K] (20+4+16) or (20+4+10)

(20+4+16)
    open stance (Jacky, Brad, Goh, Lion, Lei)
    closed stance (Kage, Vanessa, Sarah)
    either stance (Pai, Lau, Shun, Aoi)

(20+4+10)
    open stance (Kage, Vanessa, Sarah)
    closed stance (Jacky, Brad, Goh, Lion, Lei)
    either stance (Akira, Wolf, Jeffry)

Sometimes the timing is weird on these combos, I cant figure it out myself, but to make it easier to test i just push people NEAR, not next to the wall. This combo isnt meant for practical purposes. If anyone can figure out the reason for these results, i would gladly appreciate that. Also who knows what other combos could show up, damage seems to be so stance character specific. Who knows if a useless combo might do more damage to other characters than others, and might end up being a new max damage combo.

2. GoatCheeseBlues

GoatCheeseBlues Well-Known Member

haha
    No one else plays Lei Fei. : )

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I do, but my ps2 broke /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. imf

imf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I do, but my ps2 broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

It broke or you killed it? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I think I killed it. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif But another one will rise from the ashes!

6. Akairyu_Medion

Akairyu_Medion Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

last night i was trying to find a better alternative against open stance jacky [9][K]+[G],[P],[P],[P], i found something absolutely weird with [P]+[K],[P],[P] specifically the [P]+[K]

the damage results for this following sequence [9][K]+[G],[2]+[P],[P]+[K] (20+4+16) or (20+4+10)

(20+4+16)
    open stance (Jacky, Brad, Goh, Lion, Lei)
    closed stance (Kage, Vanessa, Sarah)
    either stance (Pai, Lau, Shun, Aoi)

(20+4+10)
    open stance (Kage, Vanessa, Sarah)
    closed stance (Jacky, Brad, Goh, Lion, Lei)
    either stance (Akira, Wolf, Jeffry)

Sometimes the timing is weird on these combos, I cant figure it out myself, but to make it easier to test i just push people NEAR, not next to the wall. This combo isnt meant for practical purposes. If anyone can figure out the reason for these results, i would gladly appreciate that. Also who knows what other combos could show up, damage seems to be so stance character specific. Who knows if a useless combo might do more damage to other characters than others, and might end up being a new max damage combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this thread I thought it best to add my contribution to some of the Lei Fei players out there.

After giving it some thought I think the difference in the damage is whether they touch the ground or not from the [P]+[K]. Heavier characters you'll scrape them from the floor but the lighter characters will still be in the air. As to why they differ in specific stance maybe it is the best position for the knee ([P]+[K]) to hit their body first. I've long suspected that because of the difference in the weight, height and shape of each characters body they will each look like they fall the same but each character has some different properties in their fall. i.e Most Lei Fei players know that[3][3][P][P] [2][P] [2][P]+[K][P] begins in open stance and if you try to do this combo beginning in closed stance you'll miss the [2][P]+[K][P] but... against Sarah this combo works in either stance you begin in.

I hope this helps you out this all that I can think about this combo.

Anyway some more strangeness with Lei Fei.

Against Akira only.
    If Akira is knocked down and you are in Koko Shiki Stance ([6][K]) if Akira attempts to do a rising mid kick you can sabaki his mid kick with [P] (Renken Sousui)no matter how early or late you do this and then carry on with [4][P][P] or other flow charts you have.

Against Lion only.
    After [3][P]+[G] throw you can put [3][K]+[G][K] and the a stomp. Although you can tech roll after the first kick and you can roll away from the stomp, most players are expecting [3][3][P][P] [K]+[G] or Evade [P]+[K]+[G][P] or [6][6][K] and [6][6][K]+[G]. When Lion players see this combo they are usually baffled and don't bother to recover giving you 72pts of damage an extra 6 points than [3][3][P][P] combo plus it looks nicer. The break down of this combo is throw 28pts, kick 21pts, 2nd kick 10pts and stomp 13pts... (28+21+10+13).
    Whenever The Prince decides to put the UK VF Ranking battle #2 videos up I think you'll see an example of this combo used in a match against Jide Lion in the Finals of that ranking battle.

Against All Characters.
    If you do [9][K] and then pounce attack [8][P] straight away you will only get 40pts of damage but if you delay the pounce by a split second so this gives the oponents legs time to reach the ground you will get 45pts damage.

I hope some of this will be helpful to you I know it has helped me against some of the UK Lion and Akira players.

7. raoul

raoul Well-Known Member

Just got my perfect guide today and it confirms the hitting the ground theory...

For reference here are all the damage multipliers:
    MC x1.5, mC x1.25, guarded (elbow/sidekick/etc against crouching opp) x0.50, air hits x0.80, off the ground hits x0.50, wall hits x0.80

They actually separate out "air hit" and "air combo" where air hit is the first two hits, and air combo is the rest, but the multiplier was the same and i didn't really see anything to justify the separation...

8. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    I had a dream last night where I could go [6][P][K][K][K][K][K][K][K] with Lei Fei and pwn.