1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Strategy Revolution DVD

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shag, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I know some of you were priviliged to see it already but I wanted to tell those who haven't how great it is.

Each character has a profile on how to set-up moves and a good combo list. Each combo guide ends with a "Tech-roll" combo that does over 80% life damage. Lei-Fei has a 100% combo. Insane. /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif

Then there are the elite player matches. Featuring Kyasao, Chibita, Bun-Bun and Shu. These are the best recorded matches I have ever seen. After each round they show the players expressions. I had some good laughs watching them groan and grin. /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

I don't think these matches are available online. If U can pick up the DVD, I'd say buy it. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

How/Where did you get it Shag???

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    My friend ordered it from a Japanese store. He heard about it in an ad I beleive in Arcadia magazine.

4. ono

ono Well-Known Member

do you think you could get some more info on it and where exactly i could order one???

im very interested in it....(im a Lei Fei player...so 100% combo sound .....awesome)

-ono-

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

6. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Gaijinpunch, can you post a direct link to the DVD at amazon of Japan's website please? One of my friends once ordered a ST from them through Amazon USA and he got the CD with no problem, so I am assuming we can all do that with the DVD ( I hope). I might go for it if the price was nice /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Edit: Never mind that, I found the Item. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. ono

ono Well-Known Member

hey gaijin, can you help me find it on that site??

i know you speak a bit of japanese...

i used cafeglobe to translate, but not everything is translated....

plus im not sure what im looking for...what the title is , cover, etc.

help would be appreciated. thanks

-ono-

8. GaijinPunch

Oh, but of course:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063VSG/qid%3D1026117308/249-2294375-5501941

Studied 4 years in college & lived here for 4.5 -- hopefully I've gotten past the 'bit' part. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Something to note though -- it's not gotten many good feedbacks from other users. Averages 2.5 stars. One guy says that since there's only input commands during slomotion replay, not normal. Says that beginners likely won't understand, and there's nothing new for advanced players, although it might clear some stuff up for intermediate players.

Buy at your own risk.

9. ono

ono Well-Known Member

hmmmm...a bit less intriguing than i thought.......they do have some other interesting things up there though...might i ask what 1 yen is to 1 us dollar?

thanks for the link.

10. akiraattack

akiraattack Active Member

this is really an insane price to ask for a dvd. the game is even cheaper then this dvd. 5800 yen is just insane. did sega lost there head?

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

why blame sega?
    it's not even their product...

it's Enterbrain's product....

I am the owner of this dvd and I happen to find the expert match section really entertaining and worth my $$$ (esp kyasao's n bbm's match)

The character section guide is done like every other damn famitsu/arcadia mook....

It assumes that the user has prior knowledge abt the game and is seeking to improve its skills.

Meaning, they assumed that players would have done some research before they bought the dvd. (yes, searching for info is a common thing..can't say the same for this board though)

If the player has some vf basics in him/her....there is no reason why it is hard for him/her to understand the lessons and tips taught in the dvd...

the slow motion that happens during the recommendation works incredibly well....clearlys explains the flowchart and the rationale in doing it.

So in my opinion...it is a good VF dvd.

I know a few people who also has the dvd and so far...not a single word of complaint from them.

12. GaijinPunch

5800 yen is a pretty average price for a DVD here in Japan. 30 minute anime DVD's run more like 6800 or 7800. The Zepp Tokyo tournament was 5800 as well.

13. GaijinPunch

And I think the exchange rate is somewhere around 125 yen to $1, so you're looking at about $50. go to Yahoo Finance and run it through their converter.

14. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

For the people who have the DVD, anyone notice that on the back DVD case, Kyasao has a High King Jeffry?

15. ono

ono Well-Known Member

Yea, about right...

The price will be....$48.9283 USD

$1 equalls to about 118 Yen

16. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

The DVD is nice. I have a friend hwo has ripped it so it should be up soon. I'll transcribe all the combos and stuff if people are interested...

17. GaijinPunch

Not sure what the English Rankings are, but Kyasao's got many characters above Ha-ou/Champion. The ones I"ve seen in action are Kage, Shun & Jeffry. I think Lion, Sarah, and a few others are up there as well.

Check my post on VF.NET updates last week -- all his info there.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I have this DVD as well, and I am willing to let go of it if someone offers the right price...say, US$45 excluding shipping? I need money for my upcoming trip!!

I'll break the DVD down this way:

- Character sections: the character section will show two rounds (often from different matches) and then replay the round with comments. Following this is a combo section with at least one back-stagger sequence. There are some nice gems of info that I didn't know about, but overall this is unlikely to change your game much, unless you're a Step 1/2 player. 2/5

- Exhibition matches: some of the matches are really good! I like Hakushon vs Mukky, SHU vs Joe, Chibita vs Nagato, PK Akira vs this gangsta looking Jacky with a 92% win rate dunno his name, Kurita vs Aopai, Kyasao vs BBM. The coolest thing is that they show the faces and reactions of the players after each round, so I guess this is a great opportunity to know what these famous players look like. 5/5

- Manic combo: a few stuff that I didn't know, but overall a disappointing section. Most of the combos here are Kage's. 1/5

19. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    That's great news

I don't have any knowledge of DVD ripping and editing, or I would have tried to put the matches online myself.

Those matches are the best. The combo galleries are good too. I'm sure everyone here will enjoy them. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

The strategy rounds and manic combos are so-so.

20. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Re: That's great news

I will post a CD to FexiaQ with all the stuff si he can host it, aslo have the Kyasao Gamewave DVD stuff in there to, lookout for it soon.

Cheers

UK-Guy

P.S. Anyone willing to let go of a Zepp DVD for a good price (or GajinPunch PLEASE help me sourec it!!!!!!)