1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter Fightstick awesomeness

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Tricky, Feb 8, 2009.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I had to dust off my Hori EX2 tonight. I had bought the SF4 Arcade stick and the buttons that come with it really truly SUCK /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I don't want to rain on your parade guys but I paid $60 for my Hori and it lasted me over half a year before the stick started acting up and it was only bc a bunch of people played with it at the last NYG. I have one Hori stick that is still holding up to this day and it's been over half a year.

I buy this $80 stick and all I'm hearing is how I have to change out the parts. I shouldn't HAVE to change out anything. The stick should come ready for play and last at least a couple of months before the buttons started giving out.

Anyway, I'm done. I tried to to order my buttons on that lizardlick site but they say that they're going to be down until next month or so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I knew the madkatz te stick was all the rage but some of those prices over on ebay are just stupid. $360 + shipping?

$360 + shipping is just about how much it took me to:

buy two VSHG's
    ship them from Hong Kong
    buy two offbrand 360 controllers to mod the VSHG's for xbox
    buy a soldering iron to do the modding

I mean...jesus. Sanwa joysticks are what? $15? Buttons are $2.50 per or something...less if you can deal with lavender or pink. This stuff is also usually on ebay. Even if you fuck up 10 times trying to build your own stick you'll have a tough time getting to $360.

They can call off the dogs, the recession is over.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I buy parts from here.

4. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I saw that crazy shit!!!!!!!! I paid $129.00 for my hori real arcade pro.ex and told my bro he needed to get one. But now they run for $300. WTF? Amazon even shows the 'list price' as $129.00 and has a line through it and then 'new price' of $300. Shouldn't this be illegal.

5. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

were better off creating out of fight sticks.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I brought a TE. Much better than the EX2, but still makes the annoying clicky sound /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Learning to use it is a lot of fun. Like starting VF all over again.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Long ago the the sounds of switches hitting inside a joystick annoyed me but in due time I learned to really appreciate the sound.

Now when I hear the clicks, I know my stick is working and I can't make excuses if I mess up some command.

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Not used to having my own stick and don't remember hearing the sound from the arcades. I'm trying to learn to use the sound a reference point and make my movements more efficient. I should be faster if i can play without hitting the gate.

I've already dropped my TE and now one of the whie side panels has an imperfection. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

The clicking sound used to annoy me too. I was like wtf it clicks all loud!?

My JLF clicks much quieter than my EX2 joystick did. I find the higher quality the stick the less clicking you get going on.

If you think about it, if your opponent is next to you and hearing you clicking like a madman they know you're up to something.

10. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

I noticed the JLF clicks a lot quieter than the sticks from the arcade cabinets around here. I'm fine with that little clicking, in fact, I learned to like it over the time o_O

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Just got my TE stick thanks to Shinobifist... man I'm loving this thing. I can't wait customize it and get used to it.

I was thinking of changing the SF4 back drop to this or the pic of Akira at the waterfall doing a move(can't find the image at the moment), but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas.

[​IMG]

12. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    [​IMG]

Looks like the stick could be placed right about on his tail . . .

13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    ahahahahahha omg! It would be a great pic at full retirement.

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Konjou,
    are you going to bring your TE stick to socal???
    I can't wait to see it!!! Beautiful!!!

15. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah I will have it at socal Dennis.

16. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Hm, got my TE yesterday. Honestly didn't expect Victoria B.C. to get a stick so soon. I was expecting at least another month of waiting. Have to finally adjust to using sanwa parts. I'm too used to the DoA4/EX2. Guess this gives me incentive to play more.

17. Dennis0201

Cool!!
    Don't forget the chicken waffle customize~

18. Dennis0201

I believe this TE stick will be the best so far!!
    I'm so jealous!!!!!

19. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

That will be a good picture to place on,customs sticks baby!

20. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    anyone know where I can find the layout template for TE stick? I'd like to see how this pic would look on the stick... thanks!