1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter Fightstick awesomeness

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Tricky, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Street Fighter Fightstick not so awesomeness

We met on XBL this afternoon and went over this there... The ex2 is a pain to repair, but don't throw it out. It can be fixed. Sux that your SF4 stick crapped out so quickly, but swapping buttons on that one is very easy. No soldering needed. If you didn't understand my instructions earlier, let me know.

Again, on the SF4 stick, you can just pull the wires off the buttons. Then use a flat screw driver blade to push in the plastic tabs that hold the buttons in place. Swap the bad button for one of the lesser used black ones, and just reconnect the wires. Your black buttons will most likely develop the same problem, but it will keep you playing until you can get new parts. I believe you can buy new buttons for about $3 each.

edit: I just read that you've fixed your stick in the good games thread. Great! I look forward to fighting you again.

2. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez

Ok apperently my stick has developed a NEW problem. I took all the buttons out like you told me before and the buttons was working fine. Well apperently I have a new problem where When all the buttons were taken out, and unhooked, I would STILL jab at random in dojo mode. The stick even with no buttons somehow managed to Still jab. I have no idea how. ALso another problem i have is that my directionals dont work they way they should. I would do 33k with jacky and i would only get 3k. I went to dojo to confirm this was a problem, and it seems to do with ALL Of my diaagonals.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I don't know what's wrong with your stick now, but from your description, it sounds like you working on your stick while it was still connected to your 360 and it was on. You might have shorted something out... I don't know. You should unplug the stick from the 360 before modifying it.

Are you saying you move the joystick, and it acts like you're tapping the buttons too? If that's the case, something is definately shorted out.

I'm heading off to Plague's in Socal today, so I don't know if I'll be able to get back to you regarding this until next week. Sorry.

4. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Looking at the stick seems really easy to mod, and I like white better than black...

anybody tried a full sanwa mod yet? looks like a JLF should be easy to fit.

5. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez

I actually had that problem before you told me what to do. Its just a bigger problem now. No worries It isnt a HUGE deal atm. Ill wait until you get back. Have fun sir

6. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Later in June I plan on modding my TE stick art, I had a friend make these for me (I realize there is a typo there, but I'm fixing it today): http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1165/arcadefimk.jpg

What do you guys think? Oh and does anyone know where can I find R hi-res images? more specifically, Lion's stage. I want to make a 6th template with Lion images (yes, that's right, Lion - SEGA if you release R on consoles I'll put Lion on my stick)