1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter HD Remix/Rock Band

Discussion in 'General' started by Tha_FeauchA, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I remember a thread bout this (SFHDR) being around a while ago but it's gone so..

Anyone here still play this game? I've had it for a while but just recently started really playing it since the pool of online players for VF has dwindled down since back then.

It's one of my "go to" games to play when people are tied up in VF5 sessions, when no ones really around or when I don't feel like swimming through lag. So if anyone still gets down on this game, let me know.

I also play Rock Band a lot. Only drums for now cause I have no guitar. But when I get one I like to play da bass mostly. I got a grip of DLC for this game in a pretty wide range of artist from Pearl Jam to Metallica to Boston to Iron Maiden, random bands i've never heard of (songs sounded dope at the time so I got em, or from impulse) so on. Plus a lil hand full of songs from the Rock Band Network. So if you play this too, hit me up/let me know and we can jam, have friendly drum duels or whatever.

2. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

If you want to play SFII then get on GGPO and play ST.

3. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I play

4. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Word? You tryin to jam in RB or get ya azz whooped in SF? lmao. I'm fuckin whicha, kinda hahah! lol, nah for real let's get up. For SF, Only need to play for a quick lil 10min. or so. Not asking for much, i'm just trying to get a few games in with cats. I dragged SDS Overfiend onto HDR a lil bit ago and we jammed for a quick lil 10-15min. All 3 of us (and whoever else is interested) gotta get up on that for a quick lil 10-15min. Or an hour, whatever. I've never seen you on RB2 but i've seen ya on RB1 long ago, like over a year (or two) ago lol. I don't have RB1 just incase you're talking bout that too. Just RB2. I should have put that in my OP or the title.

What is GGPO? I've only been using computers for bout 4 years so i'm far behind lots of this stuff. Actually, never mind, I can just Google it [​IMG] Thanks.

5. IzunaOtoshi

IzunaOtoshi Active Member

I play tons of RB2, on guitar/bass. (I think there's a couple more people here that play as well) Looking to snatch up RB3 day one next week. Plenty of DLC to choose from.

6. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Yo i still get down on hdr every now and then. add me on live.

7. EmpNovA

GGPO.Net

It's the best way to play most old fighting games. From ST and 3S, the Alpha series, tons of KOF games, Vampire series, and a few more. It's the best netcode period. Blows everything else out of the water. Some of the best players in the world are GGPO regulars.

8. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Man fuck that. Go play HDR. You paid for it, so play it.

9. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Exactly.... The netcode is good and it looks better and you can change the sprites

GGPO is alright as a substitute. I use to get busy on Garou putting the beats on Niggas. Then on top of that Capcom games fucking Suck to me nowadays after youtube. Ill play the KOF's though.

10. EmpNovA

HDR is the scrub's version of ST. GGPO netcode is far superior to HDR's on XBL anyways. Might as well play the best version of SFII with the best netcode.

11. GetSelious

GetSelious Well-Known Member

Isn't that what attracts the kids nowadays the numbing down of fighting engines cause everyone knows Honda needs to store oicho throws (what where they thinking)

12. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Well HDR has Classic Mode, so isn't that pretty much ST but with new graphics? Or are some of the hit boxes still HDR style even in Classic Mode?

And cool Izuna and Seibrix i'll add yall for sure.

13. EmpNovA

HDR Classic Mode is nothing like real ST. NKI and I have broken it down many times on SRK. If you want to play ST then get on GGPO. Classic Mode on HDR is not a worthy substitute for ST and never will be. HDR will be dead within a year and ST back as the standard for SFII.

But even then, if you want to play HDR and not ST, still give GGPO a look at least. There are many games on GGPO other than ST. 3S for example usually has 100+ people playing the game at all hours of the day including many highly skilled players. And the most elite Vampire/Darkstalkers players in the world are GGPO regulars.

GGPO.Net

14. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind, there is some weirdness with the version of FBA GGPO uses and windows 7. If you don't notice it then don't worry, but the frameskip and input lag are 'off'.

15. EmpNovA

There are fixes for Win7 and GGPO if you are having input delay and frameskip issues. GGPO works fine if you know how to configure it properly. That's the only real hangup with GGPO, you can't just install and go at it, you might need to change some settings on your PC/Mac.

16. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    GGPO is shit, it's full of assholes, sore winners and sore losers alike.

17. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    GGPO isn't too bad, at least anytime I've played. Yeah there are alot of morons on there but I do my best to only play agaisnt people I know from elsewhere.

18. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

haven't played in a long while but I found absolutely nothing wrong with GGPO or the community. most helpful.

19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

This Ol J6 ass Nucca. You seem to co-sign Capcom games heavily. Infiltraitor. Like i said is just a bunch of Youtube Strat having players and thats why turns me aways from these games nowadays. Atleast In VF to me you need know how.

No Doubt.

20. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

vf4 crusading again

lol @ the "nothing like st" hyperbole. really, is it nothing, like ST. What has been broken down about HDR classic mode by you or NKI. in what way does it differ from the dreamcast version.

noting that for a console standard dreamcast was considered fine by most, including NKI.

people getting their panties moist for high stakes arcade ST tourneys with 20 something people in attendance at one of the biggest majors in the US and then dictate what every one else HAS to play.