1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck on Guardian

Discussion in 'Console' started by swtchblde, Apr 23, 2005.

1. swtchblde

swtchblde New Member

Ok...so I'm using Akira in Quest Mode in VF4 Evo. My record is 592/54 and my rank is Guardian. I've been playing for about a week now, and for the life of me I can't come across any Hero ranked oppopnents (or Guardian either). Am I correct in the assumtption I need to defeat 15 Hero ranked opponents? Or do I need to defeat 15 Guardian Opponents to advance? This is the first time my progress has been slowed down due to not fighting enough oppopnents of my rank. Any ideas or suggestions of where to come across the opponents I need to defeat to up my rank? I really want to get CHampion so I can start playing with Goh. His fighting style seems very unique, and I think it'd be fun as I prefer to fight at a closer proximity than normal.

*edit* I read in the Rankings FAQ on this forum I need to win 10 consecutive matches to advance to Hero. But, can they be against any rank? or do they need to be ranked in the same "class?"

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you're Guardian rank you only need to defeat one Hero ranked opponent to become Hero. At the same time, the player you defeat goes down to Guardian. Hero is the hardest rank to maintain because of this. It even has special VF2 music at the vs character select screen.

3. swtchblde

swtchblde New Member

danka. i'll just keep playing until I run into one I guess. Now, once I'm Hero, I need to defeat 15 Guardians to become Champion, right?

4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    *Edit, I'll just copy from the guide for you.

At Guardian you need 10 straight wins or +10pts against Guardian ranked opponents OR 1 win against a Hero ranked opponent to advance to Hero rank.

At Hero you need 15 straight wins or +15pts against Guardian ranked opponents to advance to Champion rank.

For every win against a Guardian you get 1pt and every loss you get -1pt. But when you're at Hero rank it only takes 1 loss to a Guardian for you to get demoted.

Hope that clears it up