1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

stuff on leifei

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Jan 27, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

read this from Japanese board

after scorpian p,p+k (MC) or f,f+p(MC) f,f+k is gauranteed?? supposedly stance dependent but never say what stance.

anyway it seems that you can enter the d/b+p+k+k stance faster if you go to u+p+k+g stance first.

anyway is from scorpian/crane you can change stance by b+p+k+g. Is there any difference from the "normal" way?

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

1#Scorpion, b+PKG
    Steps back slightly, and it seems to be slightly faster maybe 1 or 2 frames if not the same speed.

2#Scorpion, u+PKG
    Steps forward slightly

3#No Stance, u+PKG
    This method seems to be the best way into Crane

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Lei Fei: Backstabbing revealed

70-80% combo.. Lei Fei is a bit of a pig.. I feel bad for doing this combo sometimes... NOT /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

This relies heavily on making the most of followup after a head crumple:

Head crumple, b+p, p, forward dash, ( d+pkg<font color=red>*</font color=red>, pk ), uf+kg, (crane)kg, kg

<font color=red>* = Tech Roll trap... opponent will fall on face.. Lei's arrow punch will interrupt their roll and they will be back-facing you</font color=red>

Lei Fei moves that cause Head Crumple
    b, f+pk
    scorpion, pk(MC or Fully Charged)
    tiger, p
    QCF+pk (version C, I haven't seen before but if the translations are correct then this will work. Can someone confirm this one?)

Oh.. if the opponent doesn't TR then give them some encouragement to do so.

: pounce/stomp
    : f, f+K(hold K -> crane), KG
    : (scorpion)PK (fully charged and repeat above, time accordingly to when they rise)

b+p, p
    will only connect on head crumples, stomach/leg crumples will whiff.

if they stomach/leg crumple use:
    df, df+p, p, kg(crane),d+pkg(scorpion) and set the trap above.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Lei Fei: Backstabbing revealed

One thing though. If Lei gets a KD, and follows with b+PP, if the opponent QRs (not TRs) by pressing P+K+G (quickrise from face down, head towards), nothing is guaranteed for Lei. Not ff+P+K, not the arrow punch, not ff+K... nothing. Which is why you almost never see any of the Daioh players get hit by a 90% combo (except if Lei breaks Akira's b,f+P+G, then the arrow punch --> back stagger into 90% combo is guaranteed).

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

after scorpian p,p+k (MC) or f,f+p(MC) f,f+k is gauranteed?? supposedly stance dependent but never say what stance.

Hmm, I've seen the scorpion PP+K float on occasion, in which case d+P+KP is guaranteed, but... how do you tell a scorpion PP+K MC (but not float) vs a non-MC version? The hit sound is loud in either case, and I don't really use hit lighting to tell MC/noMC... can you see a difference in animation? (Likewise, same question for ff+P)

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Re: Lei Fei: Backstabbing revealed

For QR scenario Lei's Options are still pretty good (for the sake of discussion of Lei's options):

QR opponent doesn't have the initative so it give Lei a free gamble. Besides... they don't really have much health left at this stage anyway.

<font color=orange>
    Lei's Options

anti-throw: b, f+pk, b+p, p
    anti punch/elbow/low jab: (crane)k+g
    anti low rising sweep: ff+kg | u+lg | uf+kg
    anti mid rising kick: (scorpion)pk#1 | (crane)d+k#2 | (monkey)p, k

#1: b+p, p
    #2: (scorpion)k, (crane->scorpion)d+pkg, p, pk,ff+k
    #3: (crane) so either.. d+k#2 | kg#4 | (g)throw
    #4: uf+kg, ppp | df, df, p |

[/crane]