1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidest VF4 review EVER! - GameNow

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero-chan, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

OK, we've all seen the many good reviews that VF4 has managed to get so far from various sources. Now, we've got a new review from upstart Ziff-Davis publication GameNow, which is apparently made to cater to the low-intelligence crowd that GamePro has sold to for several years (but they're thankfully starting to get away from).
    They give VF4 a B overall, and dock the game for several dumb reasons. But the number one thing they complain about is:
    YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH THE ANALOG PAG.

Let me ask this: How the HELL do you play VF on the Dual Shock analog?!
    Is this reviewer severely mentally retarded or something? Nobody in their sane mind would play any serious fighting game on something besides a D-button or a joystick. It simply doesn't work. The rest of the review is equally mind-numbingly brainless. I don't recall exact quotes, but I do remember them referring to the music as "hair metal" (huh? it sounds nothing like it save for some heavy guitar), and me feeling the desire to beat my head against the wall after reading it. It's THAT BAD.

Well, suffice to say, if the magazine keeps up this quality of writing, it's not going to last long.

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny. You should check out the PSM feature. They give it a great review, but guess what stick they recommend. The Shadowblade!!! Ugh, I can just imagine the average PSM reader mashing with Lei Fei on his Shadowblade and thinking he's hardcore.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

They give it a great review, but guess what stick they recommend. The Shadowblade!!!

Maybe if I put my Shadowblade (which I used for 1½ weeks before my Hori sticks came in) on eBay, I could sell it for more than I bought it for originally to some PSM reader? =P