1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Success at last!!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Dec 2, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

After hours of trying, I finally got down Akira's DLC. Thanks to the advice from CreeD and the uk_kid I am now able to DLC after yoho's and/or shoulder ram. While I feel more comfortable doing the DLC after the yoho I must practice more of it after each.
    Now, does anyone have any suggestions of combos to try, with or without use of the wall?
    Thanks again to Creed and the uk_kid!!

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hey Akira2001...

Here's something from an older post:
    b,f+P -> DJK

b,f+P -> DLC

SDE -> DE
    [normal]

QCB+P -> DLC | AS3

df+P+K -> DLC | AS3
    [MC, AS3: stance dependant]

ShRm -> P -> SDE

ShRm -> P -> d+P -> DbPm
    [midweights]

ShRm -> P -> DLC

ShRm -> P -> b,f+P -> SDE
    [MC]

ShRm -> P -> b,f+P -> DbPm
    [MC, lightweights]

ShRm -> P -> b,f+P -> b,f+P+K

ShRm -> P -> b,f+P+K
    [midweights]

ShRm -> P -> ShRm -> DbPm
    [MC, lightweights, ~100 points]

ShRm -> b,f+P -> m-DbPm
    [MC, lightweights, ~80 points]

ShRm -> b,f+P -> AS3
    [MC, closed stance, ~100 points]

ShRm -> ShRm -> DbPm
    [MC, midweights]

knee -> AS3

df+P+K+G,P -> ShRm -> AS3

DE -> dBC
    [MC, ~80 points]

DE -> d+P -> DbPm
    [MC]

SDE -> DbPm
    [normal]

SDE -> DJK
    [MC]

SDE -> ShRm -> DLC
    [MC]

b,f+P+K -> b,f+P -> DLC

b,f+P+K -> df,df+P -> DLC

Props to Rich for posting the info.

3. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Try d/f+P+G when akira's back to wall and after wall ram animation, bust out a DLC. Hours of fun...

4. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

I was much more comfortable with yoho - DLC for awhile myself, but I figured out why. I noticed when I was doing the shoulder ram - DLC that i was watching the opponent rather than Akira for the cue as to when to start the DLC. I was trying to do it too early. The point when Akira recovers from the shoulder ram is a lot more subtle than that of the yoho, so maybe it will help you to watch Akira closely to know when to begin the DLC.

I still can't get the DLC very reliably when playing on the right side, the motion feels funny to me and i often blend together df+G+K and f+P. I guess I need practice. I think i'll start playing on the right side when practicing against the comp.

5. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

The DLC connects after Akira's wall throw?!? Hmm.. I guess that would explain why they weakened the throw itself from vf3, if the DLC does indeed connect. I remember the first time I tried the throw, my friend was there, and I said to him "Watch this damage, almost half Pai's life" and then it did quite a bit less.. I was quite surprised.

Around what does the damage come up to? More than the VF3 80 points throw? (VF4 version being 65 points)

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hey! i swear i helped too last time!

oh well, here's a harsh combo i used to critizize, but i'm passed that now..

d/f+P+K (on the counter hit), f+P+K (on the rise), DLC (off the floor)

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

d/f+P+K (on the counter hit), f+P+K (on the rise), DLC (off the floor)

<hr></blockquote>

Ok. For the last time. This is not a combo. It is entirely TRable. Your opponent has to be a complete fucking moron to let you do this. No offense, but anything that can be TRed, is not a combo. Combos are *guaranteed*, imo.