1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggested VFDC posting guide addendum

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Zero-chan, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

OK folks, I know I haven't been here as long as most of you but I've had a lot of experience with forums as a whole. CreeD's posting guide is great and everyone should read it when they start off here (as well as maybe review iot a few times afterwards). However, there are some issues not covered in it that we have seen pop up recently that I think we should take some extra time to cover.

FLAMING PEOPLE WHO POINT OUT THAT YOU MAY BE/ARE WRONG.
    Most people will nice enough to point out others' mistakes in a generally non-offensive manner. (Unless, of course, the original poster is just a complete loser with nothing to contribute.) If this happens, try and understand what they're saying to you with a fairly open mind. They probably have a valid point, and you can learn something from it! Flaming them simply because they pointed out that you might be mistaken is just plain arrogant. It makes you look like a pompous ass who can't handle any criticism.

CowAbuser: Blah blah Jerky, Blah blah sucks. Blah blah I am great. Blah blah this is cool.
    XeroX: Hey, I don't mean to be a jerk, but you're mistaken. Here's some links you should look at.
    CowAbuser: FUCK YOU FAGOT YOU THINK YOU KNOW AND CAN TAKE CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING!!!! WELL YOU SUCK AND I HOPE YOUR MOTHER CHOKES ON A DEAD CAT!!!!!!111111

Remember guys, just because someone says you may be wrong does not necessarily mean it is a personal attack on you. We're all wrong sometimes. It's a fact of life. Deal with it.ÂÂ@Also, editing your post after your mistakes have been pointed out and saying, "No I'm right, I never said that!" makes you look really, really stupid. Everybody read your original message and knew what you said. Self-denial does NOT work.

ATTACKING PEOPLE FOR NO GOOD REASON:
    With VF4 PS2 coming out, there's a lot of people coming in who are wanting to learn more about the game. Because of this, more experienced players are bound to get asked questions where the answers are obvious to them, but newbies honestly don't know. Even experienced players might have a few queries like this. Just because somebody asks a question or makes a request you might think is really dumb/obvious is no excuse to attack them. This board exists so that we can help each other get more out of the VF gaming experience. There's a bit of a stereotype that VF fans are egotistical jerks. This is not (entirely) true, so why reinforce the misconception? The best thing you can do for other people here is to answer their questions in a civilized manner. It makes them feel enlightened and happy, and helping others makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Win-win situation!

SLURS.
    Any sort of ethnic/national/sexist slurs directed at posters are not cool. I can understand international rivalries and some good-natured teasing/taunting between players. But things that can be taken to be offensive to entire races/nationalities/whatever regardless of whether or not they play VF should NEVER be acceptable. EVER.

Any comments?

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

and who are you to make the rules in here??

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I agree with Zero. Myke or Ice-9, if you could add this post to the VFDC posting guidelines thread, it'd be much appreciated.

Chucky, thanks again for your positive contribution to the community... <shaking head> Read the phrEEkn subject line --> Suggested...addendum

Do you have *anything* constructive or positive to contribute to this forum??? Leech.

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

no need to kiss ass, dude.

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Stuff like this should be common sense, but I guess we should have to have it in writing anyway.

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Nice post, Zero-chan. But, people are not going to read it.

Your first rule was covered (or at least touched on) in CreeD's posting guideline. There were other guidelines that were mentioned in that thread, such as posting and asking questions about topics that have been discussed already, "me too!" replies, beating a topic with a sledgehammer, posting on the wrong board, and spamming. But when a "newbie" comes to the site, (s)he ends up ignoring these guidelines. They post questions about topics that have been talked about to death without at least trying to use the search function. They post questions about how to find this or that, when sometimes what they're asking for is on the VFDC home page, but they didn't bother to look in the first place. Recently, someone has taken spamming to another level, with tons of "me too!" replies and nothing to contribute to any discussion.

Generally, people just don't read these guidelines, or ignore them. Which can lead to someone getting flamed, or posting something that belongs on another board, or bring up some old argument that people get tired of reading.

I'm probably sounding elitist or whatever, and I apologize because that's not trying to do. And I'm not trying to flame you. Just my two cents...

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Respected.

8. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

ppl like u makes me wanna go Friday the 13th on u. if u are a student, i pity the lecturers who put up with your nonsense. if u are working, then i guess u are in a no-brains required no future drudge job OR soon to be fired. either way i wish u would wise up and shut up. otherwise i pray for u to join your dear mother very very soon.
    hint, can't find anything else to do with your hands? stick in your ass and FEEL THE REAL POWER!!!

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol easy there n00b, and no I dont go to school or work, if you got $3500 a month would you?? and dont you talk about my mom, only weak persons who cant come up with anything else, would go that low, soo stfu and crawl back to the hole you came from retard.

10. strangelove

strangelove Active Member

Were's that 3500$ a month come from ?

11. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

if u are a student, i pity the lecturers who put up with your nonsense.
    all teaches put up with all sorts of nonsense... the past ones used to put up with yours. if only u knew,.HAHA!!!

12. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

That would interest me as well.
    Especially if he had that amount of money, why should he "borrow" money from people *cough*Gorm 5000Dkr*cough* or apperantly steal DC games from others (like me)?
    Chucky, I know (or believe to know) that you are in a shitty situation right now with what happened between you and your parents, but man, what you need now are friends, and you don't get to make/keep friends if you steal from them. Sheesh! Grow up!

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Even better - you contribute NOTHING but negative B.S to society. I am sure that is the impression you want to give to everybody, in the reguards your actually looking for acceptance. Why don't you learn some trade or skill (I am sure McDonalds is hiring) and make someone who is hungry a hamburger.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

my dad.

15. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

wat i said applies u to too AssAbuser. and i know u have been seriously abusing the forums here. if u know whats good for u, leave and never return. otherwise your retribution will come in ways u never expect. remember u are a singaporean, u live and die a singaporean.