1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W., Season #2 -- Weekly Ranking Battles

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Nov 15, 2015.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Ok, the schedule is ready. Please tell me if there are any problems, and make sure you are NOT missing from the schedule!

2. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    I am missing. If I have to skip this week that's ok, but I'd like to sign up with Shun and Jeff.

3. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'll put you in, what's your XBL tag again?

EDIT: Aight, check it pls, it should be fixed now

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Sign me up for Kage please! I'll probably just play him moving forward.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welp, I'm going to be honest and blunt; that RAW felt like a giant waste of time. It really drags everything down when people dont show up without telling me (people like @Kruza being an exception, of course) and also for players that do show up but dont follow the rules already listed here. Shoutouts and respect to all of the players that did follow the rules, it really makes everything run easier, faster, and makes things more fun for everyone.

6. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Let me be one of the first to apologize for my not showing up. I was still on vacation and it was a friend of mine's birthday. I will be more diligent in the future.

Libertine likes this.
  7. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I'm sorry, idk what happened. Usually I never get rejected from rooms. I apologize.

8. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Did I mess anything up by constantly having to take breaks? If so I apologize and I'll try not to do it so much in the future.

I know what you mean though. That's exactly why I wasn't sure whether to do another season of VFLive.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I messaged you vfdc about constraint of time and via Skype. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but my family time comes first. I did get freed up after my kid went to bed, but it was already over.
    The earlier time slot worked perfect last week, but this week it wasn't in the cards.
    I do have one idea that might solve your problem, try doing it like a bowling league where you have fees that go toward a prize etc. This way people will make time after spending money.

Congrats and props to this weeks community for support.

10. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    @BBountyHuntyr @DigitlSamurai @Swordfish2 @Stl_Tim

None of you guys are at fault. In fact, thank you all, and everyone else thats entered in RAW this season for supporting my efforts. Its you guys in the community that makes things great.

Well I gave it some thought, and I'm going to put RAW back on indefinite hiatus again, starting this week. This idea was cool, but its pretty difficult to coordinate so many people over the internet, during in a real time setting (not to mention while running a stream and commentating). I apologize for any issues I may have caused for any of you all.

I'm gonna put less effort into my streams for the moment (though I'll still stream) and work on other VF-related projects, as well as work on my own training. RAW for VF6, maybe? lol

MrAnnual likes this.
  11. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

You know other people can stream or run tourneys. Doesn't have to be bstar.

MarlyJay and MrAnnual like this.
  12. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Like I said you should just focus on ft10s but hey what you tried was a good effort to try something new. Now that being said I accept a challenge by someone. Read below.

13. SNAKE BOSS

I accept your challenge if you are brave enough to come on psn. Just do not forget or rather do not be afraid to show up this time especially when making statements like that.. It does not have to be this week but it can be this month. So what is it going to be?

Libertine, BlackGeneral and oneida like this.
  14. Stl_Tim

I've never needed a laugh this bad and right now in my life like this, thank you.

You sir are going to get the dog piss beat out of you.

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  15. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Did I read that correctly? More importantly, is @Lucky_GT even on PSN? Is so, good lord, I might have to play him myself

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Respect and I appreciated all of your efforts. I don't think anyone should have a right to be pissed or upset at you if you feel this is best considering you have continuously put forth major efforts to keep VF afloat.

BLACKSTAR and DigitlSamurai like this.
  17. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Blackstrap, are you white?

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  18. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Let is go guys, the game is dead. It's over... It's over for a 10 year old game that sucked in the first place. Good effort on @BLACKSTAR and @Myke on keeping this crap alive for all these years, but let's keep it real for moment: If FS didn't have the words "Virtua Fighter" in it it, we wouldn't been having this conversation at the end of 2015. Y'all got tooled by Sega milking YS' work. I, myself is one of the worst no doubt, but it's time to wake up and realize the dildo Sega has jammed up your asses for all these years.

You guys really to should join @Shang and @Chief_Flash in the SWB! We are fighting the Battle of Jakuu in 5 hours!! It's most epic. What is Jakuu you ask? Well remember this image from Force Awakens trailer?

[​IMG]

We are at the battle where this is the imperial Star Destroyer Inflictor that crashed on Jakuu. We saw it happen. It's so Epic.. Join us!! and take the Sega dildo out of your ass!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    BLACKSTAR, Rodnutz and steelbaz like this.
  19. SNAKE BOSS

That is good you are laughing but that is only your opinion. This is not the first time I have been underestimated. So what if I lose? I have lost many times before but at least I step up and that is how you better your self. I have also surprised many people before. So I am not planning on losing because I know I can win too.

Blitzball Champ and BlackGeneral like this.
  20. Stl_Tim

I too feel like this when I eat the magic mushrooms.

I'll make sure to get hawkeye from mash to ready the med tent.