1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Mutant, Mar 17, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: SF on Friday @ Chris'; San Jose on Sat @ Howard's

Yusuke and I, for starters... =)

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I might make it on Saturday, though I'll be leaving early...

-Jason

3. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Howard,
    I will be coming as well and meeting all you allz for the first time. Please...... be gentle...... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif hehehehe

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Friday's results...

Summary:
    #1 Yusuke (Akapan)
    #2 Chris (FeixaQ)
    #3 Howard (segaduck)
    #4 Akira T.
    #5 Nengli
    #6 Jenny (siLEpai)
    #7 Calvin

Detail:
    [​IMG]

5. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    Have some corn dogs & mochi ice cream and I'll be there! It was real fun last night. Dang, Yusuke's Wolf is well balanced and SO FAST! Super duper aggressive and defensive. Reminds me of Joji's Akira, but with wolf. AT, no more helping Howard siLE! He's already too good *bap*! Calvin, keep up the good work. As Howard's protege, you'll soon be kickin' his VF butt faster than lightning =) Poor Chris . . . so good that we had to root for the underdawgs =D Yummy world wraps though *yum tum tum, I want some*

I'll try to finish my HW so that I can play a bit on Saturday! Man, I got flashed last night for going to play VF =( SiLE me accidentally ran a red light in SF b/c I didn't know where the hell Van Ness exit was *wah* First ticket and a painful fine of $271 *ai ya*! Almost as much as a PS2 *wah* It's on my driving record 4 da next 5 years *boo-hoo*. Luckily, I drive a CRV and not a yellow porsche 911 Targa with green eyes, tiptronic S E-shifting 'n "krAZdAZ" plates =P

Time to take out the siLE aggression on VF *muwahahaha* BTW, can we have a mini-PF gathering on the side *nudge FeixaQ* =P I want my ANITA *gosh darn it heck do-hickey FUDGE*!

6. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

couldn't make it last night.. but will be there (howard's) tonight.......

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Fixed up the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf/>bay area vf</a> website earlier today. Added a summary of all VF4 league/tournament results dating back to October 2001.

VF'ers from other locales, please feel free to leech the website format if you're planning to use it as a template for your own VF clubs. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey Chris thanks for setting up the VF4 get together yesterday. I really had a great time fighting against new player especially Yusuke. Also the food was pretty good. The only bad part of it was driving to SF. Anyways I'll be looking forward to tonights VF bash @ Howard's place. I just talked to Don and he's going today so I'll see you and the rest of the group around 5pm. And one more thing is make sure we pickup corn dogs and moche ice cream for Jen. She said she will show up if we have it.

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I told Howard I'd be there around 8:00-ish along with jackybrothas.

Hey is Mutant coming at all tonight? I thought the whole deal was that so we could play him some.

10. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yea... hey michael hopefully we'll see you at howard's tonight unless something comes up.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

12-MAN TOURNAMENT ON SAT, MAR 23, 2002
    Single elimination, seeded entries, 5/9 rounds per match

Participants
    1. Howard (segaduck)
    2. Yusuke (Akapan)
    3. Chris (FeixaQ)
    4. Akira Taniguchi
    5. Michael (mutant)
    6. Don Monzon
    7. Jason Cha (N.B.Lion)
    8. Jason (jackybrothas)
    9. Jenny (siLEpai)
    10. Frank (mushen)
    11. Nengli Lim
    12. Dave (Yamcha)

Tournament Results

[​IMG]

12. Jason Cha

Just wanted to say it was great seeing all the crew get together, and it was wonderful meeting Yusuke who definately has a very skilled Wolf. I hope to play you guys again soon.

I recorded the matches on video, and some are really high quality (including a great final). I'll be working with Chris to get these encoded and up online so everyone can see Akira's g-cancelling Aoi and Yusuke's "how the hell did he duck my stagger follow-up" Wolf in action. Hopefully they'll be up early this week.

-Jason

13. Akira Taniguchi

Thanks to Howard for inviting us to his place for a VF competition. Thanks to Chris for setting up the league and tournament play. Also thanks to Mutant for the pizza and coke. You're welcome anytime as long as you buy the food and drinks. Just kidding. One last thanks to all the VFers who showed up Yesterday. I had a great time meeting all you guys. We should definitely do this more often. At least once a week if possible. Also next time make sure to bring your memory card to keep track of your winning record.

14. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Yeah, last night was a blast. I haven't played video games with friends for 6 hours + since college. I'm glad to have met everyone. Need to find more time to practice now. I know... I don't really need to sleep that much do I?

-mushen

15. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Nice to see your post, mushen. We did have a great time on Sunday. I like your Shun style, and I am thinking of "stealing" some strategy from you and start to learn Shun. I need some new characters to beat Akira's Aoi, because my Jacky is to weak to beat him now. Maybe Shun is a very good choice to punish Akira's Aoi. Am I right, Akira? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Er, actually, that would be Mike's (mutant's) Shun, not Frank's (mushen's). =P

17. Akira Taniguchi

My Aoi wasn't that great. I still have a lot of room for improvement. I definitely need that VF4 version C book for the PS2 ban. And also if Jason Cha can start using Aoi that will help. What do you think Jason? Two Aoi players are better that one don't you think? One thing I noticed is it is really hard to stay competitive using three charcters. I think I'll go back to using only two. My Lau is really weak now and after seeing Yusuke's Wolf, my Wolf is a joke. I'm not sure who my next charcter will be.

18. Jason Cha

lol - I'd love to start playing Aoi more seriously man, but you're the one who's never home! And I even offer to drive out to San Ramon too!

-Jason

19. Mutant

Mutant Member

I'd just like to say I had a blast in this gathering. It was great to meet all you fine fellows. Hopefully we can hook up again in the future. The thing we must do is create the uber gathering and get all the freaking NA players together for some serious vf4 action.

Ass slapping mayhem baby

Mike

20. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

Hmm...you guys a bay area group?