1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

super cheese lei method vs CPU

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by agios_katastrof, May 6, 2002.

1. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

This is as bad as Vanessa's K+G method.

- Tiger Stance (via d+p+k,p or the diagonal punch)
    - P sabaki/crumple
    - follow up of your choice
    - knockdown
    - f,f+k+g, which closes distances, and enters TG again.

rinse, repeat

I don't even really know how to play Lei, and I got up to 5 dan like this in a few sittings. I even managed to beat a couple of Hero guys that popped up. Lame-o. Thank God for Vs.

2. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Yeah,this is a pretty cheap tactic,but it gets me wins in kumite so its a good thing. Hope you find out more cheap techniques with other characters I can try.

3. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

This works up to Emperor/High King, I'm at thunderlord and this still works :p . but I don't just use this all the time

4. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

I hope I don't find any more of these AI deficiencies. I didn't like Vanessa's and I don't like this one. It's actually easier than Vanessa's since you don't need the distance, or a ring-out. Gosh, it works even up until Emperor, huh. Good grief. All the AI has to do is block or sweep or something like that at the point of the sabaki, but nooooo, it insists on doing something that will be eaten by the sabaki.

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The AI also goes into brainfreeze when confronted with severe frame disadvantage (try using Sarah and doing repeated df+PK... even high king kumite opponents will eat about 5-6 repetitions before they start blocking).

6. Grinder

Grinder New Member

Heh, whenever I get pissed off with one of the characters I am trying to legitly play in Kumite. I use Vanessa cheese to relieve stress, and bust some skulls.

7. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

Re: super cheese lei method vs CPU *DELETED*

Post deleted by OhgmA

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

u should just use the back stagger combo. alot faster.....

9. BrianBBB

BrianBBB New Member

What is this back stagger combo?

10. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

AI pisses me off. Notice how when comp is on harder settings they don't appear to get any better with combos. For instance, do you ever see a com kage ever do a decent tft combo? You'd think AM2 could have taught the computer to do some nice combos on harder skills. What annoys me is that the computer is cheap, I lost a game today because the computer decided to escape my throws 5 times in a row, wtf is up with that? Ever seen a human player get out of a throw 5 times in a row? Not likely.

11. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

yeh that pisses me off to when it starts blockin all ur throws aint fucken possible but the comp picks up ur pattern eventually and it reads ur imputs i think cuz when ever u try to do a lower attack when u gettin up they always block low never high but always low

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

600+ - 0 record

[TG]P - b+P, P - f,f (buffer a dash) - d+P+K+G, [DM]P, P+K - f, f+K [IN] - [IN]d+P+K+G , [DM]K , d+P+K+G, [DM]P, P+K - uf+K+G - df+K

Note this only works if the opponent decides to TR after eating the "b+P,P" component.

PS:

Read the Lei Fei dojo.

13. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

actually the cheesiest i've seen is repeated pressing of punch to either push ur opponent out of the ring or kill them in the corner, that is, if the a.i. doesn't evade at the right time.

another way is to repeatedly do his low knee punch i believe it's f,f+p+k, you can go from that into a crouch punch into a throw, or simple str8 into a throw or throw flop combo.

14. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

I do the same thing except i use the p+kpp combo somtimes