1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SVGL 3v3 ad hoc tourney report

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by feixaq, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hi Akira,

I played you on a Thursday, I think. Yamcha brought me over to the arcade and that's when I first played VF4test. It took me about 2 matches to get sorta comfortable with the engine, then at about 5 matches I pretty much had it "felt."

Anyways, about an hour later, as I was playing against Yamcha and Jemin, I think you came along and Yamcha told me you were a really tough player. We played a lot of matches that day, various characters. In general, if I remember, you and I had a lot of wins against each other. It may have even been, well, even. I almost always picked Lion and I played him very much like VF3. Anyways, out of our matches, it was when you picked Lau that I lost A LOT to you that day (pushing your tally way over mine in the wins department). You would knock me in the air and constantly do various float combos that would damage me against the wall. I totally enjoyed the matches personally, as I honestly do enjoy the patience game (I know a lot of people hate it).

I think it was two days later, around the time I met Chris that I started posing more of a challenge to you.

You would probably know me for almost always using Lion in his black shorts (where Jason always used the red costume). I picked Lau a lot as well, but not nearly as much as Lion.

In any case, I had a blast playing you guys down there and I'm thinking of taking another weekend trip down there in two or three weeks as well as Thanksgiving weekend (I might spend Thanksgiving with my sister who lives about 7 minutes from SVGL).

-Chanchai

2. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Chanchai,

Now I kind a remember who you are. I remember that day when I came in to SVGL there where three guys playing which were Jemin, Yamcha and you. That was probably the first or second week after I started playing the game. Thanks for the reply now I feel better. I hope to play against you soon.
    It is always exciting to have more players.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

3. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

John,

we should pick up where we left off last Saturday. I'm not sure who won between you and Segaduck since I left with Chris and Don for Jamba Juice. My guess is Segaduck kicked your butt with Jacky. Anyways it'll be fun playing against you. Do you know if anyone else is showing up? Chris can't make it because of a seminar and Don has to work so he's out too.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

LOL what you tryin to do akira? psyche up your opponent? hehe well i battled john today and he'll be there tomorrow i think he said he played howard earlier today (he said they had some pretty good matches) ... anyway i hope to see ya there on tuesday but i dunno i might not be there.

john (phizzco) Please try not to be so loud!!! hehe

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I should be at SVGL on Wednesday. Jason (Cha), you going?

[​IMG]

6. phizzco

phizzco Member

omg im not loud!!! yah actually i am ..but see its a tactic ...mess up your opponent by being annoying
    anyways you all know that i have a ton of programming homework to do but just cause youre all gonna go...ill probobly screw it all and go hehehe yeah i wanna get better sticks though so i can practice akira...i cant croutch dash well. My top picks are definitely geoffry, akira, kage...right there they are the best.

7. phizzco

phizzco Member

oh yeah i forgot to tell you all...as far as i know the final version will be at svgl the week after next...so about 2 weeks...im gonna talk to ron (our technition) tomorrow and see if he can replace the current sticks for vf4 with 360s maybe that will make a difference/

8. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

*off topic* hey john congrats on your 39 win streak in tekken 4...

*back to topic* but hey ya still can't get that kind of streak on vf4 hehe (well as long as im around!) anyway yea just keep practicin and keep us informed of the arrival of the final version.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jackybrothas on 10/09/01 11:31 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Get the Japanese sticks and convex buttons, John! =) Or the 8-way cherry switch sticks, not the 360s.

Better yet, get this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hey chris, that was the machine i was playing on~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the Megalo 410. Every other country gets Versus City or Megalo cabinets, but Sega of America? Nooo... they have to come up with pathetic new cabinet designs with lame button configurations. Go figure.

[​IMG]