1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SVGL Competition

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Akira Taniguchi, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Hey VF guys,

It was great that a lot of people showed up today. We even had couple of new players which are always welcome. Well I pretty much noticed that Howard was dominating with his Jacky. I had my shares of wins with Lau and Wolf but Howard just walked over me. I think I need to rethink my strategy. Back to the drawing board! Anyways everyone keep improving with their characters and hope to see you guys next weekend.

p.s. Hey Yamcha now I know how you felt when you fought against Howard. I feel the same way but I will be back with a whole new plan against Howard which I call it Operation Howy.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

2. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Hey Akira:

What's the content of "Operation Howy"? Can you give me a little hint? I am scared, very scared now :)

As you said, it's always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent like you guys. I have to think my new flow chat for next week's game against you, especially your Lau, and also Don's Lei-Fei and Jason's Akira.

I can't wait to meet you next week. Don't rape me at that time !!!

I am still not strong enough. It is a long way to be...

3. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Howard,

I was just kidding about the Operation Howy. All I can say is I need to go back though my notes and find a way to beat you. I might try out another character maybe. Anyways it will be a surprise.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hey howard and akira you guys home already?????? i thought you'd still be playing till closing.... ah well anyway... akira about the last post on the other thread i wasn't talking about sunday. i was talking about today (saturday) meaning i came back friday night and talked about meeting all of you tomorrow meaning today.... i hope that clears it up...

howard good job today.... but it's funny though that i had to be the streak breaker and then lose the next match to whoever is next. hmmmmmm lol yea howard you may have racked up huge amount of wins but im there to stop ya....um most of the time.... well sort of.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jackybrothas on 10/21/01 01:44 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Already? Damn you guys make me so much well fuck!!!

6. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah man someone needs to find a consistent way to take down Howard's Jacky...last week when I lost all my money to him I think I beat him twice out of maybe 30 matches. Damn.

I guess I don't find myself improving that much in the game, or maybe it's just because everyone is improving so much more than me.

7. jackybrothas

so howard, what is your weakness? hehe but i believe you know that i know what it is............

you going to be at svgl on monday or tuesday? just wondering cuz i usually see ya in the afternoon on certain days of the week.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

8. segaduck

You got me, Jason. I did show up at some afternoons on week days. Every time I tried to practice some "secret weapon" to beat you guys, you just witnessed my "new moves" and I believe that's why you could break my winning streak so many times.

Next time, I will practice by myself when you are not in SVGL :) Stop spying on me !!! :)

No joking, I won't show up in SVGL on week days during this week, because I got much homework due before Tuesday.

See you guys on Friday or Saturday.

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    hmm you must have been quite a good vf3tb player, howard you're the same guy spotlite told us about right?

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

10. segaduck

Haha, I don't know what spotlite talk to you, but I did fight against him when I was in LA.

Right now, I am just learning the new system of VF4 like everyone else.

11. jackybrothas

THIS SATURDAY! NOVEMBER 10, 2001

alright time to get the ole roll call going.... instead of starting a new thread i'll just continue from here with a different subject line::::::::

who's gonna be at svgl this saturday November 10th 2001??? hmmm i might be able to bring a camera to record some of the competition and hopefully post them up for mirroring or whatnot.

lol saturday is on the 10th... man i gotta keep up with the days.......

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: THIS SATURDAY! NOVEMBER 8, 2001

This Saturday might be difficult. A number of people can't make it. Let's plan for next Saturday (Nov 17), however... let me think about how to structure it and I'll post in a new thread. In the meanwhile, though, we should try to video tape a few clips and fiddle around with encoding first, just to get the hang of it...

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: THIS SATURDAY! NOVEMBER 8, 2001

Whoa! VF4fx producing its own vids! Heh. =)
    Maybe you should ask tbzone to mirror them? ;)