1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SVGL, this Saturday.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, my current plans involve going to San Jose for a few more days. Unfortunately, I cannot be there tomorrow (Friday), but I plan to be there on Saturday.

Anyone interested in getting together for some nice VF4 beta action? Show the guys at SVGL that there's a lot of life in VF4? hehe

Anyways, thought I'd let you guys know. I can't private message some people since they disable that feature, and I don't have ICQ at where I'm at right now. So, either reply on this thread or email me at vf_chanchai@hotmail.com and I'll be looking forward to Saturday!

-Chanchai

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah I should be there on Saturday. What time you planning to be there?

3. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

alright we'll see ya there.

4. Chanchai

Either during the afternoon or evening. Most likely afternoon since I stressed that Saturday was intended to be an SVGL day if certain people and more show up. I plan to be there quite awhile. Maybe hang out with the guys in the later evening as well. Probably get some good persian food/versus/images/icons/wink.gif again (probably walk this time too).

I'm definitely hoping to see everyone I met last time I went down there, and more of course!

-Chanchai

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Cool I'll probably make it. I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked though, as I haven't really kept up with the game. In fact I'm pretty much done with the test version and waiting to play the final, because at this point I like 3 a heck of a lot better than 4.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ack, Jason and I had Persian food yesterday already =P

I should be there in the afternoon, give me a call if you need to sync up from now till then... I'll email you my mobile number.

7. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

ok i guess im not gonna be there cuz the vf4 test machine isn't there... maybe just maybe the final version may come out in replace for it but i am not sure.

8. Chanchai

uh oh, machine's already gone? And Jason and Chris both completely abandoned 3... uggh....

Somebody reconfirm?

-Chanchai

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I fired up VF3tb on my DC last night just to practice SPoD and DLC... but that's about it. =)

10. Chanchai

hehe, well, if you guys are even up to playing VF3tb with me, then I'll more likely come down. But, from my understanding... Jason's moved on completely and VF3tb's gonna mess up your VF4 handling/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Too bad I never really got to play many of the Bay Area VF3 players enough....

-Chanchai

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The timing in VF3tb *is* incredibly different. I didn't realize how much till I tried playing it yesterday...

12. Chanchai

For SPoD and DLC, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

For the game in general, quite different, but *ahem* different enough for you to play the two games and not get too bothered by the difference since you'll play them as two different games hehehe/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The only problem I had between playing VF4 and VF3 within hours of each other was that I kept smashing PKG whenever I hit the ground when I was playing VF3. Maybe I just have some ability that I don't realize and am able to quickly adjust the differences. Because, to me.... Recovery in VF4 was very much like VF3, but lack of stop animations made it look otherwise. However, Lau's a bit different in that VF4 test... you can mash him to hell and kill almost anyone.... little recovery, no need for stick inputs half the time, buffer is exceptionally loose (whereas in VF3 his buffer was exceptionally strict).

Then again.... it might be in the characters I play. Lion mainly, tinker around with Lau, Jacky, and Shun (Shun was really easy to play in similar ways as 3--less opportunities though, or so it seemed).

Heck, you have a freaking month and a half still at least! I want a Bay Area VF3 Brawl! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

SPoD and DLC completely different? Apart from the P+K modification to P+G, the timing of inputs are exactly the same between VF3 and VF4. You just want me to move back to VF3tb for the time being =P

14. Chanchai

Hey, you got a month and a half, why not? It felt like DLC was made to be very easy and I think when I tried to do the VF3 timing, it just wasn't coming out until I loosened up and did it almost slowly.... but I'm not an Akira player, so I probably shouldn't judge it. But then again, the revelation of VF3 having totally different timing from VF4 sounded like it was only after you tried DLC and SPoD and nothing else.

-Chanchai

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I *did* mess with Akira, Lau, Kage on my DC last night for a little bit, tried out some TFT combos (missed a whole bunch of them thanks to the different crouch dash dynamics /versus/images/icons/mad.gif), then figured I'd just practice SPoD and DLC and nothing else.

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Bleh~
    That's what I stayed up doing last night as well...Spod, DLC, TFT combos

For some strange reasons..I cannot do them 100% during battles anymore!

WAHHH!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'