1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SVGL Tourney: Dec 1 (Sat)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by feixaq, Nov 26, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Format
    - Every player will play every other player once in order to determine seeding for playoffs
    - If there are between 4-7 participants, a 4-man single elimination (3 rounds) playoff system will be used
    - If >=8 participants, an 8-man double elimination playoff system will be used
    - Please see <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf>bay area vf</a> for a better understanding of the competition format.

Timing
    - League play will begin at 3pm(?) PST
    - Playoffs will start at approximately 5pm(?) PST

Registration
    - Players can assure themselves of tournament participation by RSVPing to this thread
    - If you cannot make the 3pm time, please suggest an alternative time.
    - Alternatively, participants can register on the day itself, but no later than 15 minutes prior to commencement of the tournament

Side picks
    - In any given LEAGUE PLAY matchup, side pick (1P/2P) will be decided by coin toss
    - In any given PLAYOFF matchup, the player that was seeded higher in league play will have first dibs at side selection. The lower-seeded player gets to pick the stage.

Logistics
    - Machine will be set to Best 3 of 5 per game
    - Time = 45 seconds
    - Tournament mode = on (so the game ends once the match is over, even for the winner.)

Prizes
    Okay, this is where I need feedback from the SVGL regulars. Would you guys rather have no entry fee and no prizes, or an entry fee of $5 that will go towards a pot that will be distributed 60%/30%/10% to 1st/2nd/3rd...? Doesn't really matter to me either way, but please let me know which you think is better. Also, we should try to get the tournament mode set up this time round... Tragic or Jackybrothas, could you help look into this...?

2. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

I believe that the entry fee will stop many players joining the tournament. I prefer the tournament without entry fee.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Heard from Akira Taniguchi that Don and he may not be able to make Sat, but will be there this Friday. Jackybrothas and Tragic... does Friday night work out for you guys instead?

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

sorry i have something planned on friday........ hmmmmm well im not gonna win anyway hehe....

5. jackybrothas

update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SVGL NEWS!!!!!!!

the joystick on the first player side has now been replaced..... i think it's better than the old one.........and wait!!!!! that's not all.....
    now you have to win THREE ROUNDS!!!!! against both the comp and in versus.............. ok that is all. .. hehe now time for me to stop buggin the managers.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

So... I don't know whether we're holding the tourney on Fri night or Sat afternoon/evening... =/

7. jackybrothas

i talked with management today while he was switching the joysticks......after asking him to add another round i asked him if it would be ok if the machine will be set on tournament mode this saturday or anytime we decide to have a mini-tournament, he said yea but he or someone capable (supervisors) of doing it will have to be there not just any of the staff....

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hahaha that means Howard's vs CPU time record won't be beaten any time soon, unless they reset the best times list =P