1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SVGL VF4test no longer around

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Oct 25, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The VF4test machine at SVGL has been taken away *again*. WTF is up with that? I hope they're bringing in ver.B in its place, and with proper fucking joysticks and buttons. The dumb shits at Sega of America wouldn't know what revenue is even if you dropped a 100lb bag of tokens on their collective heads.

(Thanks to Akira T. for the heads up, though. Saved myself a trip out there and back.)

[​IMG]

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I can only hope the VF4test being taken away is a sign that VF4 B will come out soon (despite the report by Spotlite).

That's the HOPE anyways... Let's see what happens in Chicago this week...

-Chanchai

3. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

I can't believe it!!!

Where should I go on weekend? Give my VF4 back!!!
    I am so sad, really sad....

I am still not strong enough. It is a long way to be...

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

wha????? i didn't know they already taken it away!!!!!?????hmmmmm well i do hope ver.B will take it's place!!! and also man i talked with one of the maintenance people there the other day and i was telling him about the game and he was all is this game any good? and i said of course!!!!!(well i and a lot of others have been pumping tokens in that freakin machine!!!!! and i've been there everyday except for today!)......... ok i gotta calm down..... well i just hope ver.B gets there as soon as possible and i'll keep checking and letting you guys know.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

5. segaduck

Does anyone remember how long the machine has gone last time? I am just wondering and hope we don't have to wait longer than that :(

I am still depressed, very depressed ....

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I found out where the machine went. It got shipped back to SoA in San Francisco at 650 Townsend for a VF4 PS2 marketing promo. Jason Cha was there playing VF4 at a "fight club" style event and kicked the asses of all the game reviewers who couldn't play VF4 for squat =P

[​IMG]

7. segaduck

So, Does it mean we will get "our" VF4 back after the end of the "Fight Club" event?

I am happier now :) Thank you for the good news.

8. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

God? I don't do this whole prayer thing very often, but... If you can hear me, please protect the VF4 unit in Chicago? It doesn't mean any harm! Oh, and I could really use a raise too! That'd be really cool...

Amen

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

9. Akira Taniguchi

Akira Taniguchi Well-Known Member

Chris thanks for the info. I'll keep calling Sunnyvale Golfland to ask if they have the VF4 machine back again. I talked to one of the employee at SVGL Yesterday and basically he had that stupid look on his face and gave me no info about where it went. I'm hoping that we don't have to wait another month to play. Man I was really looking foward to this weekend but now everything is ruined. I guess I'll play my Beatmania to kill some time.

Always a great feeling to defeat a worthy opponent!

10. Akira Taniguchi

Hey Howard,

I got your message Yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm up for VF3 at your place. I have to find out if Don is interested and what his plans are. More likely I won't be able to go. I'll give you a call if I can go. Thanks for the offer anyway.

11. Akira Taniguchi

Yo Jacky brothers,

it was a good thing you were there on Wed. I'm sure glad I was. It was great competing against you. I'll be looking foward to another battle. I'm hoping it's soon.

12. Akira Taniguchi

Hey Chris by the way where exactly is VF4 located in San Francisco? If I don't hear any good news from SVGL I might drop by on Saturday maybe. Let me know.

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

It's at Sega of America at 650 Townsend. But don't bother, you can't get in unless you have a press badge or a Sega employee pass =(

[​IMG]

14. segaduck

Actually, I am just looking for something to kill some time on this weekend, but I don't think I can play VF3 as well as I did before because of the new experience of VF4. Please give me a call when you confirm your plan.

Anyway, wish to get our VF4 back ASAP.

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Think I'll finally get to wash my car and go inline skating this weekend. Whee!

[​IMG]

16. segaduck

Yes, it's time to go back to "Normal" life. But, do I look "Normal" without VF4?