1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

T2K: Toronto Gathering 2000

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Llanfair, Dec 4, 1999.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Okie doke.

Amidst all the craziness on the board at present, the need for plans is a must.

I know most all ready know of the upcoming Toronto event in January. Ages ago, I proposed a few dates for people to decide on and the date felt to best was the weekend of <font color=red>January 15, 16, 2000</font color=red>.

<font color=yellow>Is this date still okay for all?? Please let me know now! ;) </font color=yellow>

Ok, so, what I need to know now is: <font color=yellow>who's coming?</font color=yellow>

I have heard from the following:

<font color=yellow>Ice-9</font color=yellow>: how are things going on the visa? I remember our email a while back...
    <font color=yellow>AdamYUKI</font color=yellow> and <font color=yellow>CrewNYC</font color=yellow>: These boys are raring to go...perhaps <font color=yellow>Nelson</font color=yellow> as well?? Hope so. ;)
    <font color=yellow>Shota</font color=yellow>: you mentioned interest but I haven't heard much in a while...did you mention <font color=yellow>Harold</font color=yellow> as well?
    <font color=yellow>Rich</font color=yellow>: still tentative, I know. ;)
    <font color=yellow>Jason Cha</font color=yellow>: were planning on joining Rich if he does make it? ;)

People I have not heard from but would like to:

<font color=yellow>Sumeragi</font color=yellow>: Mike, ol' chap, are you thinking of it? We could use a ravaging Lau. ;)
    <font color=yellow>Imashroom</font color=yellow>: yep, you've got family - but what about us, eh? How come the family gets to hog you?...besides, it would be nice to meet you eventually and you could help me with me Applied Differential Equations...ick.
    <font color=yellow>Myke</font color=yellow>: you still trying to wing this? Wow, would that be somethin'...keep me posted, eh. ;)

Anyone from Omaha?? Jason, Rodney?

Have I forgotten anyone? All are most welcome, please just let me know so I can figure out numbers, etc.

Reply reply reply reply reply !

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey Llan,
    This is Chan(chai). Anyways remember me from #vfhome? Anyways, I'd love to go if the Toronto guys are cool with a newbie/scrub coming along. I don't want to annoy anyone, but I think I have a good enough personality. For me, it's a sort of educational experience and I want to get to know and hang out with all of you guys.

-Chanchai

PS Imashroom, bring your family along and show them what your girls are made of!!!!

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Count us in boys!!!!! Cant hardly wait to come up to Toronto and play with the Peeps up north. So we are going to play both the arcade version as well as the home version?? Yep.....definitely getting hard thinking about it (j/k) ^_^...
    hehehe...i hope omaha krew can come up as well!!!

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ack, perhaps same visa problem like Jo Shun, I don't think i can make it ;_; well, no one need my scrub Lau anyway (just look at the HG Movie !!) /images/icons/blush.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

That too is my main concern. /images/icons/frown.gif

ice-9 | Sennin

6. Llanfair

hmm...

Actually, visitation VISAs are not difficult to get. There just a pain in the ass with forms, etc. Is there a consulate general of your countries nearby?

Jeff, a while ago you emailed about if you should get the visa early and I replied with a big 'hell yeah' - I can imagine that things must be busy (who isn't these days eh?) with exams, etc, but please look into it if you can - It would be great if you could come.

Mike, same deal - look into it if that is the only thing stopping you from coming. A visa should take under 3 weeks to get...sometimes they can processed in 3 days so...

Jo has encountered this difficulty as well at times...for the Chicago Gathering, it wasn't a matter of *not* getting the visa it was actually that we lost touch with Jo for a bit and he can be sometimes difficult to get a hold of. ;)

So, please I encourage you both to look into getting a visitation visa in the next few days if you can - there is still time. Let me know how it goes, perhaps I can do something from over here - where are you both from? Jeff, you're from Singapore, right? Mike?

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

7. Llanfair

Absolutely!

It will be good for your own development of skill and experience to attend a 'gathering'. Good show. ;)

cheers,

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'm actually Indonesian, which is a bit more difficult than a Singaporean. But I've been told it's not that hard to get one, and I'll be applying for one when I go back this New Year's.

ice-9 | Sennin

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I take it, gatherings don't run on a super-tight schedule, but would you be able to give me an approximate time when everyone will probably get-together? Competing with class, the 2 hour drive to the airport, the 1 hour wait at the airport, the 4 hour flight, the 2 hour time difference between Oregon and Toronto, and I'm guessing I'll arrive in Toronto past midnight /images/icons/frown.gif. Of course, I can attend Saturday and if you guys are doing Sunday, I can make arrangements. Too bad I'll have to miss Friday though. Would be a better ice-breaker as I haven't met any of you guys in person, just online /images/icons/smile.gif

Oh crap... Just remembered, my snowboarding trip might be that weekend... damn! Alright, I'll see what's going on... I'm really hoping to attend this though...

Anyways, whether or not I'm able to go, I wish you all the best gathering at this one :)

-Chanchai