1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

T4 Korean gameplay vids..

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tekkencentral.com>http://www.tekkencentral.com</A>

Looks like a lot of fun.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I personally think the clips look good.

Surprised at how low the damage is in floats, I'm thinking this is a good thing and will strengthen the ground game if I'm interpreting things correctly.

However, as far as ground games go, I've always prefered the way VF's ground game flows. Though, the way things look in TK4, it seems like a lot of bashing each other as opposed to a huge ranged poke fest. Seems weird at first, but looks like it should be good. I haven't seen really good use of the walls yet though... curious how that eventually plays out.

Err.... finally just saw the effects of walls... definitely best to not have your back to them hehehe.

I also think that it is a very, VERY nice thing for Tekken that it now has some sort of space management. To a small degree is the undulation. However, even if there's only a low wall (which doesn't seem to affect combos much), there's now cornering elements to the game. Something the series has been missing for too long imo.

-Chanchai

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Ugh. So this is what everyone in NA will be wasting their money on.
    Sorry. Anyway, the clips don't look much better than TTT for the PS2. Maybe I'm being so harsh because:
    A. I've just seen better graphics and better gameplay in the VF4 clips.
    B. I'm still furious that VF4 might not be in any of the local arcades, while T4 will be in virtually ALL of them. How I still love VF while being surrounded by T4 is beyond me.
    C. I just spent about 2 hours dl'ing this clip. I spent about the same amount of time for the VF4 clips and got better clips.
    But enough whining...

Surprised at how low the damage is in floats, I'm thinking this is a good thing and will strengthen the ground game if I'm interpreting things correctly.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I like that in the clip that I saw (the first one).

Though, the way things look in TK4, it seems like a lot of bashing each other as opposed to a huge ranged poke fest.

I agree. Lots of uppercuts and floating attacks compared to the barrage of elbows and low punches. Actually, some of the combos looked nice, but when I looked again I noticed the low damage.

I guess I should look at a couple more, but so far I'm not that impressed. Maybe it'll grow on me.
    Thanx for the lead, VFScrub.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Keep in mind that these videos were made on the day after the Korean release of T4, and these guys are playing with some of the new characters such as Steve and Marduk as well. Contrast that with the VF4 tournament footage which was likely featuring players who've had access to VF4 test for a few weeks.

Steve looks like a really cool character... being a boxer he naturally doesn't have any standard kicks, the kick buttons are used to activate his evading sways that can be linked into stuns on counter hit, I think. Some movies I've seen even have him swaying beneath mid hitting moves. This dude has the potential to be a serious pain.

Something funny... Paul Phoenix has a new move off his staple d+4,2... d+4,2,1 that last hit is >identical< to Akira's P+K+G, and even has a nifty zoom-in on the stun palm animation. The funny thing is that people are having trouble pulling it off consistently, as T4 has introduced a feature called 'just frame' that requires precise timing with certain string moves. This sounds like the Tekken version of SPOD woes, and I can't help but think the designers put this in as a joke. :O)

Steve and Paul will be my faves!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If you're on a 56k, or just don't feel up to downloading all of them, I'd have to recommend fantk4.avi and fantk5.avi as my favorites. They feature a lot of steady, intense action.

fantk4.avi = Steve vs Marduk at the shopping mall in some kind of commons area around and in a fountain. Marduk throws/tackles several times, showing how throws are likely going to be of greater importance in T4 than prior games. I see Steve doing some weird evade/sway at a distance from his opponent, I think maybe he's canceling a sway with a sidestep or vice versa.

fantk5.avi = Kazuya vs Xiaoyu on the beach. Kaz demonstrates some nice wavedashing (multiple crouchdashes) and electric windgofists. Xiaoyu manages a wall combo and at least one low parry. All characters have kept the d/f low parry from TTT.

fantk9.avi = Hwoarang vs Steve in the arena stage. Lots of poking and boring or missed juggle oppurtunities, but what is cool is seeing the suprise exchange move in use (at 1:06) that all the characters have now. Steve also does some weird step thing with canceled sways I assume at 0:45.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by VFScrub on 08/11/01 06:13 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. ghostdog

Keep in mind that these videos were made on the day after the Korean release of T4, and these guys are playing with some of the new characters such as Steve and Marduk as well.

That might be true, but the bulk of my disappointment is with the graphics. And that's when comparing it to VF4. The gameplay is pretty decent.

The funny thing is that people are having trouble pulling it off consistently, as T4 has introduced a feature called 'just frame' that requires precise timing with certain string moves. This sounds like the Tekken version of SPOD woes, and I can't help but think the designers put this in as a joke.

I read somewhere that the 'just frame' feature would be a lot like Tobal 2's system. It's tricky to find the timing at first, but eventually it gets about as easy as regular combo command input. Cuts down on the button-mashing.

7. ghostdog

I'd have to recommend fantk4.avi and fantk5.avi as my favorites.

I dl'ed fantk5.avi today. Much better than fantk1.avi.

8. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

It's good that Tekken is getting a lot of the features that are present in the VF series. When I heard about the perfect timing thing, I though right away about SPoD. I am not sure how the Tekken gamers are going to react to this change though.

I know that I will be able to see that because Tekken is very popular in my country (Dominican Republic). Unfortunaly, I can not say the same about VF. There are only two VF machines in this country (VF2 and VF3) and I am close to the two of them (Thanks God). But is very hard to find good oponents. I really love VF and I practice every time that I can.
    I don't like Tekken so I only learned one character real good. Speaking of Tekken, I was hoping to see a VF4 machine until I learned that Tekken4 boxes are half the price of a VF4 one.
    I hope that the PS2 version of VF4 comes very close to the arcade. As soon as the VF4 for PS2 comes out, I will buy a PS2!!!

Miguel Andujar "Heta Akira"

Yuu Nen Hayain Da Yo!!! **
    ** You are ten years early!!!

9. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

whoa, so there IS a vf3 machine id dominican republic, damm you gotta tell me where that is so next time i go there i'll have something to play, what are the hot arcades over there, i havent been there in a while....

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>