1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

T9 - Toronto, Ontario July 12th/13th

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BoringRyu, Jun 17, 2008.

1. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Alright, here's the deal. I don't know how many people we got here that are from Canada but I'd really like to see this happen for T9. The guys running it are letting the players nominate games but they need at least 16 people backing the game up, so far on SRK we only have two but I'm posting here (even tho my postcount is low, god I should really pay more attention to this site) in the hopes of garnering interest and having the first outing of a VF game at one of Canada's biggest tournament.

Before you go and post on thread at SRK, also make sure to post in this thread here so I can help the guys over there count an accurate number of players.

If it does happen, it will most likely be held on my own 360 and high def TV (if my roommate lets me bring it). I can offer two sticks and two pads, but it would be wise to bring your own since I can't guarantee the quality of any of them. And a $5 entry fee. An extra amount of consoles/sticks/TVs would be appreciated, but we'd need to keep it consistent on the consoles part.

Here's the thread copy-pasted from SRK, full thread can be found here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T9: The Canadian Fighting Game Championships

DATE: Saturday July 12th – Sunday July 13th

2041 Eglinton W
    York (Toronto), Ontario
    M6E 2K4

T9 PRE-REGISTRATION PAGE

**To add additional games to your registration, make sure you re-enter your name AND SRK nick, along with the NEW games you want to sign up with and all the games will be registered.**

HOTEL INFORMATION

Holiday Inn Hotel
    3450 Dufferin St
    Toronto, ON
    M6A2V1

3.8 km (about a 5 min drive). This is the closest Hotel to the venue.

CHECK OUT SYSTEM
    A system will be put in place between T9 Staff and the players to register equipment that is on loan (TV's, consoles, sticks) to ensure that theft (as sad as it is to see) is not a factor. We strongly encourage players to keep an eye on their equipment but I'm sure we can all agree that tracking equipment in and out of the venue is best for all parties.

SITE FEE
    There is a $10 one time fee for every player to cover the cost of renting the private venue for the weekend. THIS FEE WILL BE ENFORCED REGARDLESS OF WHETHER A PLAYER IS ENTERING A TOURNAMENT OR NOT.

GROUND RULES
    This year the T tournament will be held at a private venue on the west end of Toronto.
    Since this is a private venue, proper play conduct will be very important.
    No alcohol & No Fighting goes without saying.
    No loitering in the front area (there is a rear section if you would like a smoke break

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS: Singles & Teams

Marvel Vs Capcom 2
    Capcom Vs SNK 2
    Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    Guilty Gear Accent Core
    Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

UNOFFICIAL/SIDE TOURNAMENTS:

Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    X-Men vs Street Fighter
    Melty Blood
    Arcana Heart Full

NOMINATED SIDE TOURNAMENTS (elected by at least 16 players)

If players feel that a game should be entered as a side tournament AND it can meet the 16 player requirement that all Side Tournaments face, they are welcome to bring it to T Tourney staff and we will add it to the roster.

FORMAT FOR OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS:

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike (PS2)
    $10 entry
    Double elimination tournament
    2 out of 3 games per match
    3 out of 5 games per semi final match
    4 out of 7 games grand finals

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike Team Tournament (PS2)
    3 man teams, No Duplicate characters.
    $15 entry
    Single game per match
    2 out of 3 games Semi Finals (Winners & Losers)
    3 out of 5 games grand finals

Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)
    $10 entry
    You must keep team order if you win a game and if blind pick is requested

Capcom vs SNK 2 Team Tournament (PS2)
    $15 entry
    Single game per match

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
    $10 entry
    Game freezing glitches and the dead body infinite are banned
    You must keep team order if you win a game and if blind pick is requested

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Team Tournament (Dreamcast)
    3 man teams
    $15 entry
    Single game per match

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3)
    $10 entry

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Team Tournament (PS3)
    $15 entry
    Single game per match
    3 out of 5 games Grand Finals

Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2)
    $10 entry
    * Standard macros for pad will be allowed

Guilty Gear Accent Core Team Tournament (PS2)
    $15 entry
    Single game per match
    3 out of 5 games Grand Finals
    *Standard macros for pad will be allowed

Super Smash Brothers: Melee & Brawl: TBD

FORMAT FOR SIDE TOURNAMENTS:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS2 - Alpha Anthology)
    $5 entry

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (DC)
    $5 entry

X-Men Vs Street Fighter (TBD)
    $5 entry

MAIN SCHEDULE:
    *This year we are running under a two-day schedule. This means registration will be shorter and games will start earlier. (Once the pre-registration site is open, please take the time to register yourself).
    Registration for all tournaments will begin at 10:00am on both days.
    Official Runtime will be updated shortly.

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION – OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS:

All tournaments will have a distribution of 70/20/10. There are no cuts to the management or any of that other stuff.

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION – SIDE/UNOFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS:
    All tournaments will have a distribution of 80/20.

Whatever goes into the pot goes back out to the players.

Bracket Directors:
    Smash Bros: Lone Wolf
    AC: X-sapphire
    XvSF: Shiro
    Super Turbo: PsychoChronic
    Other Tournaments: TBA (this will be updated as more players step up to direct).
    If you would like to help out in any of the events, please let me know.

BROKEN STICKS/BUTTONS:
    If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform the director. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.</div></div>

So yeah, post lots and I hope to see you guys help this year to become the first year to have VF at a T tournament!

2. altergenesis

altergenesis Member

Come on you Canadians, I know you're out there. Come represent that VF5. By the way, Ryu, I don't know if side tournaments have ever been $10. From my experience it tends to discourage entrants who could be used to fill a slot to make the required 16.

3. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Alright, going to change the price to $5 I guess. Wanted a bigger pot but hey what do I know?

4. altergenesis

altergenesis Member

I wouldn't take offense to my suggestion. But, if you think about logically, $10 is a hefty price to pay for a tournaments that is neither a main tournament or a side tournament. Only the main tournaments at T9 go for $10.

The MBAC tournament we ran last year's entry was only $2. That alone managed to draw a field of 24 people. It's just hard to make a game $10 when you don't even know if you have the people to get it off the ground.

5. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Haha don't worry man, I didn't take offense at all, it's just my writing style I guess?

What you say made sense and I dropped the price to $5 since I think that's a decent price, but if people still are eager to see it dropped to $2 then I'd just drop it to that as well. Whatever to bring more people over.

6. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Hey I'm in for this. But why is T9 so early this year??

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I can make arrangements to be there. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure some others can too.

8. altergenesis

altergenesis Member

T8 was around the same time last year. Hope to meet some new people.

9. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

I can probably come too! Altough my stick is broken and I will probably get the new hori stick later.

10. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Like I said in my original post, I have two sticks that are in working condition (non-modded tho) that I don't mind lending for tournament purposes, so there's no need to worry about that.

11. Mista_tee

Hey Man where have you been? didn't here from you in ages. Guess what, My 360 died :(. And I'm really missing VF right now. We should have a gathering some time soon if possible.
    Also I have posted this info on two other sites and i have 2 more people confirming they will enter. So that puts us at 7 people as far as I know. I'm sure I can get a few more people to join. Even if we don't have enough people we should still have the tourney. it would be good for toronto to see VF up close like this.

12. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

I have a friend who's willing to get in just to help us get nominated, so make that 8.

Halfway there and only a few days past! Time to put my Lau to hardcore training.

13. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Oh thats too bad, but I am certainly up for local gathering. How about others? Llan? GE?

14. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Prereg for VF5 has been added to the T9 prereg page. It's in the first post's quote but here's a link for quick linkage: http://t9.gtasf.ca/

Everyone who's going to come, please prereg as this'll guarantee that once we get 16 people preregged, we're official.

Ninja edit: Also, dropping the price to $2 might be a good idea. The pot won't be too big but at least it'll get people who are on the "maybe" line to join.

15. Mista_tee

good idea to drop the fee.

16. psychochronic

psychochronic Member

I'm down for VF5.

17. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Just posting to remind everyone who didn't do it to prereg for it at the T9 webpage. If you have friends who said they'd show up and you can count on them, prereg them as well.

Thanks for the support guys.

18. cheatah

cheatah Well-Known Member

just confirmed that i'll be making T9 so i'll be there

im up for some casuals, gotta brush up again.. it's been awhile

19. Mista_tee

Hey hermes long time man. Nice to see you make it out to this. pre-reg if yo uvent yet. And if you want to meet up and have some matches just let me know.

Good news. We are only three shy of our goal of 16. YEAH!!!

20. BoringRyu

BoringRyu Member

Hey Mista_tee, I don't know if you got my PM on SRK but we'll need another person for the TV. I can (and will) still bring my 360, sticks, pads and game but a TV is out of the question for my ride. So we'll need someone to bring one or ask Darkdragon or Nagata for one.